Chapter 69
2.1k 9 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 69: SLOTH

 White, Yellow, Orange, and Red Portal could be accessed by Hunters who were not affiliated with the Association and Guilds.

However, Violet and Black Portal must have an HA authorization.  This was because the monsters were stronger and it's not safe there.

Aside from that reason, the resources inside these Portals were better and high quality compared to the others. 

 Currently, only those at level 600 could enter the Black Portal.

Right now, the world was safer because of the dungeon detectors that were invented by humans.  The chances of having a Monster Wave were small. 

 .....

 ....

 ...

 ..

 .

 At a Red Dungeon in Manila.

 A 21 years old man was holding a gun inside the Dungeon.  He used this gun to kill monsters. It was powered by Dungeon Ore's and its bullets were made of condensed mana. The gun could kill Red class monsters.

 "Nice, I got an Iron T-rex. I could sell this. Haha, its body is expensive, I hit the jackpot!"

He whistled. He opened his box and absorb the large body of the T-rex.

 Seven recharged his gun.  The RMagnum-14th edition is a gun that could fire a hundred bullets before running out.  It uses mana as ammunition, and it needs a minute to fully charge.

 Seven was waiting for the right place to kill another T-rex.  The T-rex was ten times bigger than him, but he was not afraid to face them.

 "3,2,1-"

 * Boom!!!! *

 He pointed his gun but another person appeared and killed the T-rex with one shot.

 A man used his Spear to cut the T-rex, then a bolt of strong lightning clashed and the T-rex exploded like a balloon.

 Mikael, our protagonist, used his Lightning Shock to blow its body apart.

 "... What a waste!! That body! Hey! Do you know how much is an Iron T-rex !!? That's 100,000 dollars !!!"

He shouted. 

 Seven was angry because he lost a hundred thousand.  For someone like him who is a 'fake Hunter' 100,000 is a big deal.

 He’s been in this job for three years and he knew the in and out, such as the number one rules of dungeon hunting, monsters are precious!!

That's why he couldn't believe that the man killed the T-rex and blow up his whole body.

What a waste of money..... He sighed. As freelance Hunter, Seven knew that it is bad to waste money.  He looked at the unknown man unless he is a lunatic, this man should know that monsters were important.

Perhaps, he's one of those blood addicts. A type of Hunter that's very fond of blood and carnage.

 "Hey !! You're a freelancer, aren't you? You shouldn't have wasted the T-rex. Did you know that's it's hard to find an Iron T-rex !!!"

 "Freelance? How did you find out"

Mikael asked. 

 "Huh? You have no common sense !? All Guild and HA members have an emblem on their uniforms!"

 "Ah okay, haha ​​sorry kid, I didn't know that you need that big lizard. Since I saw another one earlier, I'll just get you a new one."

The first monster that Mikael saw was a T-rex, so you could say that he had bad blood about lizards. They looked identical to the Hydra that cursed him so he wanted to slaughter them. 

 "What !? I Get it !? You're a Newbie right !? Didn't you hear what I said, it's hard to find T-"

 * boom *

 An Iron T-rex jumped and flew into Seven's destination. Its tongue was out and the neck was bent. 

 "Haha I guess I'm lucky"

Mikael returned spinning his weapon.

 .....

 ....

 ...

 ..

 .

 "So you're an ordinary human, fake hunter? Why are you doing this? this job is dangerous, you could die...... Does Dungeon diving the new hobby of teenagers today?"

Mikael said while they're leaving the Portal.

 "No. I have a lot of bills, and entering the Dungeon is the fastest way to earn"

Seven said, his face was elated because he would earn big money!!

 "But isn't there a screening for being a Hunter?"

Mikael remembered that people must have licensed to enter the Portal. Ordinary people were forbidden to go inside because it's dangerous.

"Pfft- that's old news, there were more Hunter now so the process of getting a license is faster. For me, I can only enter the Red Dungeon if I have enough experience and equipment"

He showed his shining card to Mikael. Mikael nodded, it's seemed that the law was different compared to before. 

"Is that so? But still, this work was dangerous. 100 thousand dollars was not enough for your life. Why are you doing this?"

 " My sister is sick, I need money for the operation."

Seven sadly said. 

"How much? Are 100k dollars not enough?"

 "I need 7 million dollars.....She was inflicted with a rare disease and it's hard to cure it."

 "That much!?"

Mikael was surprised about the amount.

"Yes, 7 million."

An idea entered Mikael's mind. He was alone in this unknown world and he needs someone to talk to. 

"How, about work for me?  I will give you 500,000 per month, including a Skill Book"

 "Are you crazy? Skill book? As if, Skill Books are expensive and only those in the Guild and HA can get the Skill Book"

 "Huh? Why?"

 "... Are you comatose? Why don't you know it?"

Seven angrily said. Mikael was like an illiterate man who didn't have knowledge about the world. 

 "Haha you're right!!, how did you know?"

Mikael laughed, this kid had a talent in prediction. Seven kicked his tongue, he thought Mikael was just joking. 

 "Tch, HA only authorized their people and Guilds to kill the Dungeon Boss. That means the Skill Book will only rotate in them. "

 To make the HA and Guilds stronger, their organization decided to hoard the Boss of every Dungeon. The Skill Book could only get when killing the Boss that's why they made the law implemented.  This was unfair, but the world was always unfair. The weak must follow the strong. 

 "Ah, so that's how it is. In my time,  it used to be finder's keepers. Anyway, what do you think? Do you agree?"

Seven looked at him and furrowed. He must determine if this mas was a liar or not. 

 "Show me the Skill Book first, then we will talk"

 "No problem"

 Mikael opened his inventory and took a Skill Book.  This was one of the Items they got when they killed the Hydra. He also wants this item to disappear from his inventory.  He was always angry whenever he sees the Skill Book. He was depressed and frustrated thinking about that f*cking lizard.

The book appeared, it's a Curse type Skill Book.

 [Eye of Sloth

 -slows the opponent by 40%]

 "Eh!"

Seven's eyes widened. 

60