Chapter 102
1.9k 22 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 102

 Lane exit the Portal.  There were many workers outside the Portal and they were busy getting resources.

 They watch Lane for a second but they immediately return to their work.  Hunters were the new celebrities, people idolized them and fear them.

 They were creatures that stand above the food chain.  Even the president of some countries was bowing before this Hunters.

 And Lane was one of the latter.  She was known for being a spoiled brat, she would get what she wants, either by money or force… and when she is angry, she'll turn the whole place into a jungle.

 "What are you looking at !?"

 Lane glared.

 " Hhiiii !!! "

 The workers continued their job diligently, they didn't want to be a living tree.

 "Hmmp!"

 She walked like a model and left the place.  She has no reason to stay in this mud-smelling place.  She caressed Choco and smile, her puppy was so cute.

 Her chaperone arrived and bow.

 "Good work miss"

 "Sebastian, where's my limousine?"

 "They'll arrive in a minute miss."

 Sebastian, the chaperone, bow again.  He was afraid when his master was frustrated.  She always hates waiting…

 "Tch, fine."

 A minute later, a black limousine arrived.  Sebastian opened the door and Lane barge in like a cat.

 "You are late!"

She yelled at the driver. 

 "I'm sorry ma'am!"

 "Hurry! I want my Chanel and Prada right now !!"

 "Yes ma'am!!"

 The driver stirred the wheel and hurriedly drive.  He didn't wanna upset this young miss again, the limousine escaped the place like a wind.

 "… But I'm still here. Ah, looks like I'm going to walk"

 Sebastian was left behind.  He used his 45 years old legs to move.  Seemed like he would use a taxi.

 ………………

<Mikael PoV>

 "Yawn… oh, it's morning again."

 Hello guys, this is me!  Mikael!  Your one and only friendly neighborhood spider-man.  As if!

 Not worrying about my not-so-good mental health, I get up and do some stretching.  I have now adapted here in the mansion.

 After some stretching, a knock echoed at the door. I know that a maid will knock on my door and ask me about breakfast.

 "Come in."

 "Good morning Sir Tibano. Would you like to eat your breakfast here or in the diner room?"

 "Yes, I'll eat at the diner room. A moment please, I'll just wear some clothes."

 "Yes sir. The Patriarch arrived early and he wants to eat with you and Miss Furrneka"

The cat maid stated.

 "Ah, Patriarch is back?"

 "Yes sir."

 "Okay, I'll change my clothes right now."

 "Yes sir"

 "No, what I mean is… I'll change my clothes so please leave me alone. I need my privacy."

 "… Tch, yes sir."

 The peeping maid left me and closed the door, she was gritting her teeth.  Sigh, that woman really loves to see me shirtless.  Does she like my six-pack?  Perhaps that's not the only reason …… no Mikael, stop your perverse mind from thinking any improper thoughts.

 "Bro, you already have Furrneka and Niña, don't make any mistakes because it might shorten your life, and besides who in the right mind will choose a perverted peeper?"

 I talk to myself while changing my clothes.  I exit and go to the diner.  I saw that Furrneka and Patriarch are already at the table.

 I sit and take some utensils.  The maids delivered our breakfast.

 "Grandpa, why did you just come today?"

Furrneka had a worried expression and I can't help but laugh.

 Furrneka glared at me, perhaps she thought I was making fun of her.

 "Pfft- ah no-no. I'm sorry it's just I remembered something funny so please Furrneka, drop that fork…"

 I can't help myself from laughing, Patriarch only left for a day, twenty-seven hours to be exact.  I don't know why but looks like Furrneka missed her Grandfather so much.… Hehe, it's ironic how she left this mansion for months and didn't contact her grandpa.

 "Hmmp!"

 "Now now, stop this. We are in front of the food. We need to respect the food."

 Patriarch cut a piece of steak and eat it.

 "The two of you, I want you to listen."

 I and Furrneka simultaneously look at the Patriarch.

 "I'll be gone for a while, perhaps around a month. That's why while I'm gone, I want the two of you to raid some Dungeons and level up. But remember, no Violet… and don't even go to Black Portal "

 Eh, seriously?  We can level up now?

 "Where are you going, Grandpa?"

 "Don't worry Furrneka, It won't be long and I won't go to a dangerous place, okay. The king gave us a job about guarding something, as for what it is it's a secret that even I don't know."

 "I can't visit?"

 "No dear, it's off-limits."

 I saw Furrneka feeling down.  I guess she loves her Grandpa.

 "Mikael, I want you to take good care of Furrneka."

 "I will take care of her, Patriarch. I assure you, nothing will hurt her. Not even mosquito bites."

 I gave my confirmation.  I'm the type of person who always protects his family.  I already know the pain so I promise I'll never let anyone die again.  I realized that my fork and cutting knife bent because of my clenching fist.

 "Good. I can see in your eyes that you are ready to protect Furrneka. Thank you very much."

 Patriarch bowed his head in front of me (though there's a table between us).

 "L-grandpa you don't have to do that. I can protect myself. I don't need an idiot to protect me!"

Furrneka stuttered watching her grandpa bending his head. 

 "She's right! W-wait a minute, you're saying I'm an idiot !?"

 "Yes!"

 "Kuck!"

 Ouch, that hurts.  Why do you have to say it !?  I already know I'm an idiot but you don't need to say it!  Now, my pride as your soon-to-be husband was gone!

 "Hahahaha I'm happy that you are close. Now, I'm not afraid of dying hahaha"

 Patriarch, can't you see we are fighting.  How can you say that we're close !?  Your Granddaughter hates me …… and please don't die.  Please return for your one and only Granddaughter.

 "Grandpa! Can't you see we hate each other!?"

 "She's right, I don't know how I'll protect her if she hates me!"

 "Hahaha see? The two of you are close hahaha."

We are bickering but I like this atmosphere, the Patriarch treated me like his real grandson and Furrneka didn't change her attitude towards me. Everything is fine. 

 I hope the smile on my face will never disappear.  I hope we stay just like this, happily together.

(Aawww, Mikael, this is an action-fantasy genre where blood and conflict are common. We both know that peace will always be far. )

51