Chapter 149
1.3k 28 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 149

Klein woke up, he felt elated. His chest was now breathing easily. The burden that he was carrying was gone. He and Mikael had a conversation yesterday and now, the two brothers were closer. 

On his side, the tails of Kitsune furred. He saw his fiancee sleeping happily. He got out of the bed quietly, so that he won't disturb her. 

He went to the restroom and washed his face, after some cleaning. He got out and went to the living room, his place was wide and his aesthetic was good. Mikael and Furrneka were in the other room. They decided to stay here. 

As for Seven, the kid returned to his work. He is a Hunter and his work was always in the Dungeon. 

A door clicked and he saw his brother walking out. Mikael yawned, he found that Klein was already awake and he greeted him.  

"Morning bro."

"Good morning Kuya."

After some talking, Klein recalled that he would tell everything that happened and why did the founding members disband. 

He glanced at his brother. 

"Kuya, you asked me about why we disbanded."

Mikael paused, yet he nodded his head. He was curious about it.

Klein grimaced. 

"Well, no matter what you hear don't be furious. Don't violently confront Kyle, he's powerful than you."

"Okay… I promise."

Klein started to open his mouth. 

.........

......

...

Six years ago, after Mikael was cursed, they decided to continue their team. 

Kyle was a good leader and he could make many miracles. They protected the world many times, from the invasion of demihumans to the Dungeon Wave. The Redemption was always there to save the world, it may look absurd but it was the truth. 

Their first and second year was peaceful but this ended when Kyle met the first Princess of the Elves. They didn't know why but Kyle become insane. His thoughts were suicidal and he started to make weird decisions. Such as when he created the anti-surveillance that blocked Miriam's ability. His teammates were starting to get suspicious about him, especially when he made a joke about assassinating the first Princess. 

However, the greatest reason that they disbanded was because of what happened in Colombia. An unexpected Portal appeared in the country that caused many deaths. It was the time of the where the first Demon entered their planet. The Shadow Demon, it was the hardest fight that they experienced. They almost died, particularly Lane, if Choco didn't save her, the little girl would be dead now. She was impaled nearly losing her life. The Shadow Demon escaped and they were defeated. It was a one-sided battle. 

After that, they decided to go separate paths… But it was not easy, Miriam came in and she was pregnant… this was the trigger of their mistrust. Kyle and Miriam had a bad relationship, it was hard to believe that Kyle was the father. Or perhaps he raped Miriam, Miriam defended the man but it was futile, Kyle accepted all their accusations. 

Niña and Lane furiously confronted Kyle but all of the Guild members were on his side. Even the Fortress was destroyed in their battle. 

That was the last time that they were together. Then, a couple of months after, he heard that Niña assassinated the first Princess. 

Kyle threatened Niña, he said that he would kill Mikael if she doesn't obey. There was hearsay that Niña and the second Princess were friends and Niña could easily enter the castle. She was forced to do it. 

She understood that Kyle would kill Mikael, he was a crazy motherf*cker. This was the last command that Niña obeyed under him. She despised the man. Even Klein hate him, he recalled the members of Redemption that tried to abduct his brother, his blood was boiling in rage. 

The innocent bedridden man was used to blackmail both the brother and the lover.

.........

......

...

"Kuya do you know what Corruption is?"

Klein asked his brother. Mikael remembered that the Patriarch said this word but he was oblivious about the meaning. 

"It's the disease that you get if you stayed in a place that had demonic miasma. It's the disease that many demi-humans had because their worlds were conquered by the Demons. The people who are afflicted with this disease had a tendency of going crazy. Their mind will be corrupted, their hatred, jealousy, lust, or any negative thoughts would become stronger and they will lose their rationality. I believe that's what happened to Kyle…"

He paused, he looked at his brother, wanting to see his reaction. Mikael signaled him to continue. 

"However, I'm curious how Kyle received this ailment. The only time he met a Demon was when we fought the Shadow Demon. I don't know how he got that affliction. "

Corruption was the essence of the Seven Demon Lords that they gave to their underlings. It's the miasma that was destroying the planet, this was the reason why the other species migrated to this world. Their planets were already dead… 

This illness had a level of affliction, the lowest was you would be less patience and your animal instincts would become stronger, this was the case of Furrneka. She got an affliction when their carriage was attacked by Demons. (However, because of the corrupted Wishing Orb, Furrneka...)

The middle was the level where you would lose your empathy. Your emotions disappeared and sometimes you would tend to lose your mind. This was the case of Kyle and Bbakab. Their emotions were nearly gone which caused them to make heartless decisions.

As for the last, only one thing would happen. You would become a Demon. Your thoughts would only be filled with spreading hatred, darkness, and despair. 

Mikael groaned, he was listening and he felt regret. He found the answer why Miriam was not sure about Kyle. The man was half insane. 

He decided to drink water to clear his heating chest. He couldn't believe that Kyle used him to threaten Niña, it was the hardest thing to accept. He felt like he was the reason why Niña was suffering, he hit his chest, wanting to hurt himself. Niña did the assassination to protect him, Mikael gulped the water down.

Klein stared at him, he knew that his brother was confused and damaged.

Mikael's thoughts about Kyle were tainted, the man may have been the savior of the world but he is crazy to the core. Mikael didn't know if he could call Kyle his friend. If they met, what reaction would he show?

Their conversation ended when the two girls woke up. They tidied themselves, Mikael returned to practice together with the National team. They were in a Dungeon killing monsters, but his mind was in another place. He recalled how the man that he treated as his big brother saved him… Mikael knew, he knew since the first time that they met. He saw the madness in Kyle's eyes he just didn't want to accept it.

(Okay, okay. If you have some questions or confusion, I will answer them.)

39