Chapter 185
941 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 185

Flame and wind blew up together and merged as the asphalt melted by the heat alone. The Methuselahs who were close to the explosion turned into nothing, their bodies were sliced and burned to ashes.

"Pipsqueaks."

Ai Biyu scorned, her sight was settled on the scorched bodies. She covered her nose because the smell of roasted carcasses was lingering around.

The other Methuselahs back away knowing that the powers of these two women were dangerous and could turn them to ashes or sliced meat. They snarled and showed their fangs, they wanted to kill them to revenge their comrades. However, an intense voice with hostility halted their movements. A powerful aura caused them to tremble.

"All of you, leave this place. These two are my opponents. Remember that your mission is to exterminate the weaker ones, leave the stronger people to us, Dukes and Counts. We will be the ones to kill them."

A deep voice echoed and a large man approached them, his figure was releasing an aura meant to kill. The other Methuselahs made a path for him, one of the twelve Dukes came to help them. Duke Bloodfern had arrived holding his hammer and lifting it like a stick. He was 9 feet tall and he looked like a giant compared to a normal Methuselah. The Methuselahs started kneeling and showed respect. 

Rena and Ai Biyu creased their eyebrows while staring with utmost concentration, they felt a strong aura in the Duke. They understood that this one was stronger. They raised their defense and looked attentively. 

"I am Luciano Bloodfern, one of the twelve Dukes of the Queen."

The man confidently announced his name, he was standing tall not bending to anyone except his Queen. 

The other Methuselahs left the place since one of the Dukes was here, they entrusted him with killing the women. 

"Oi, I don't remember giving you any approval of leaving this place."

Rena tried to prevent them from escaping but a big silhouette appeared in front of her and smashed her, a powerful swing caused the wind to split in half. Rena cast a small tornado and protected her body, however, she still flew and crashed into the ground.

"Guh!" 

Rena gasped for air.

Ai Biyu unconsciously glanced at her to find if Rena was alright, but she was ambushed too by a big crimson silhouette. Ai Biyu didn't hesitate and burned everything around her, the silhouette evaporated and disappeared as the fire further expand. 

"Oi, half- Filipina are you okay?"

Ai Biyu asked Rena, it looked like their enemy was going to be a tough one. Rena stood and spat a mouthful of blood, she wiped her mouth and was glaring at Duke Bloodfern. 

"I see, so you can make a clone using your blood."

The Duke didn't deny Rena's words, he was just holding the hammer and smirked. He studied them and understood that the two women had untapped potential waiting to be opened. 

"Listen, my Queen wants strong warriors and she will gladly accept people like you. I will give you a chance to surrender and join us. My Queen can make you stronger, she can turn you into higher beings."

Duke stated, he didn't treat these two seriously. For him, Rena and Ai Biyu were too weak to show his true power. They, the Dukes, experienced fighting far stronger opponents. Rena and Ai Biyu were talented but not enough to make him feel afraid. Still, he asked them to join their species and become stronger. The Queen needed strong warriors for her to get the throne of Lust against her brother. 

"Ptui! Fuck off, I don't want to be a blood bender or something. I like myself, besides we already defeated many people like you who are thinking that they can invade our planet."

Rena grinned, the wind around her started to rotate, twist, and twirl speeding like a typhoon. She started setting her wind barrier to protect her from possible attacks. 

"I hate to say this but Rena is right. I want to remain a human."

Ai Biyu agreed with Rena, she believed that turning into a person who only drinks blood is creepy and disgusting. She could not enjoy eating food anymore if she became a Methuselah.

"You are mistaken about one thing, you will not become a Methuselah... Although it's not important anymore. Hm, it seems like you have chosen death instead of life."

The Duke released a strong aura, blood came out of his body, and the blood turned into silhouettes of him. They all looked like the Duke but all of them were colored red, they were clenching their weapons facing the women. 15 clones were created using his blood. All of them looked strong and dangerous. 

" Don't think that this is the maximum I can do. Fifteen clones are enough to kill you."

Duke Bloodfern put his hammer down, he crossed his arms, smirking at them. He didn't have any intention of fighting, he let his clones do the job for him. 

"Oi, this man is underestimating us."

Ai Biyu had an irritating expression, she couldn't believe that there is a man who could insult her like this. Duke Bloodfern and Mikael had the same level in terms of making her mad.

"Ai, what do you think, how about we do it?"

Rena threw the potion that she just consumed. She wanted to show that this man is wrong, she is strong and she could kill him if she wanted to.

"What? You mean that?"

Ai Biyu glanced at her, discerning her intention.

"Yes, that thing."

"Well, make sure that you can keep up with me."

"I should be the one asking that. 

The two women started their attack. Duke Bloodfern commanded his clones to kill them, the clones dashed and lifted their weapons. 

………

……

A powerful tornado devastated the area, actually, it was not one tornado but two tornadoes merged and became one. The flame tornado and wind tornado unified, the flame became stronger because the wind helped it to ignite more. 

The Duke who witnessed it was petrified as his body slowly burned. Rena and Ai Biyu had something in them. 

………

……

Marilyn was in the street, she was spending her time in the city having some fun. She didn't think that a great catastrophe would descent, making the place dreadful as tragedies kept happening around, created by the Methuselahs.

"I just want to relax! Damn it! If I know that this will happen, I should have joined the others and return back to the Philippines!! I'm not an offensive type for goodness sake!!"

Half of the national team returned to the Philippines, they wanted to celebrate in their own country. They lost but their performance was great, reaching the semifinals. Marilyn didn't join them because she wanted to finish the tournament, she had another intention on top of it but she was too shy to say it. 

"Ahhh! I hate this!"

She took out a sword in her Inventories, she didn't have a choice but to fight, she's a Hunter. Support type of not, she had a job that she must do. 

A Methuselah saw Marilyn and sprinted to kill her, the enemy made a blood arrow to puncture her body. Marilyn swiftly evaded the attack, her training made her a bit sharper. She charged at the Methuselah but it seemed like she didn't have to, Jose showed up and stabbed the head of the enemy. Blood and brain splattered but nobody cared, they were used to it. 

"Sir Jose!! Thank God, I thought I will die here."

Marilyn breathed in relief when she realized that Jose came to help her. Now, her chances of surviving greatly increased.

" I'm here because the Chairman needs your Skill."

Jose cackled, swaying his rapier that was covered with blood. The blood splash to the road.

"Chairman Renato? What for?"

"I will tell to you while we leave this place."

Jose shrugged and started charging at the incoming group of enemies, he lifted his rapier and stabbed them.

22