Chapter 188
875 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 188

Kyle felt the tremendous earthquake. The building that he was standing in was vibrating. The unnoticeable dust on the ceiling was brought down. The building was wobbly as it moved like a chess piece.

"Woah, this one is strong."

Christian who was behind him used his Skill and elevated. His two feet didn't touch the floor and he wasn't affected by the earthquake. He didn't feel the dizziness. Kyle looked at him and chuckled, he used an Item to elevate too. Now they were both not affected by the earthquake. The tremor shook the place and they heard multiple screams but they remained in the air. They didn't feel ill intent with this tremor. 

The two leaders of the Redemption witness how the place was moving like a rubric cube. They witnessed how every building and street in the city shifted. It was a new scene to them. Even Kyle didn't know who was the one who created this. He thought that maybe the one who did this was a Duke of Methuselahs but he immediately trashed the idea. The movement was so protective that no building crashed and fall. Kyle speculated that the one who did this was a Hunter. The Skill was trying to protect the people who were stuck inside the buildings. 

The two remain in the air as they waited for the time when the earth stopped moving. After some period, the shaking ended and the two landed on the floor. 

They looked at the city and they couldn't believe what they saw. It was unbelievable as the image was altered. The city was changed completely, even their building was moved into another place. However, the most important thing that caused them to be surprised was the fact that they felt the presence of the normal citizens gathered around. And on the other side of the city, the army of Methuselahs was gathered too. 

"Kukukuhahahahahaha!! I see I see. I understand now!!"

Kyle cackled, he didn't know that someone had the power to change a city like assembling a lego house. He even saved the citizens from the Methuselahs. Kyle had high respect for the man who did this. 

"He even added the Hunters in the tournament to protect the citizens, good, that's good."

Kyle nodded smiling at this outcome. Looked like his plan of doing the tournament here in Rio was a good thing. This scenario was the best that he could think of. Now that citizens were in a safe place, the other Hunters won't hesitate to go full power. No civilian would be hurt now, at least.

"Christian do you know a Hunter who could do this?"

Kyle asked him, Christian had his own intel and it was a group of capable people. Perhaps Christian had an idea about the person who created this.

Christian raised his head and recalled an old man that he met last time, the Chairman of PHA had the power to control the earth.

"I think I know it."

Christian said. 

"Hoh, then who is it? Achieving this feat is not easy. He must have a strong concentration to accomplish this. I bet he used a great amount of mana to change the overall image of the city."

Kyle was interested to know the man who created this phenomenon, maybe he could use him. Christian decided to talk since Kyle would learn it anyway if he compiled deeper info. This man was always updated.

"I heard that the Chairman of PHA can control the earth. I believe he is the one who did this. "

"Is that so… the Philippines huh."

Kyle touched his chin. Instead of thinking about the Chairman, someone came into his mind. The country of the Philippines struck his heart. Kyle remembered the woman who gave birth to his son… Kyle was confident that Miriam was watching the happenings here in Rio. Perhaps she was looking at him now, trying to understand his intention. 

"……"

Kyle didn't speak anymore. He moved and advanced his feet, he looked at the sky and had mixed emotions. Since the distractions were swiped out and the enemies were gathered together, Kyle knew what he needed to do. 

Christian followed him. This time, his mission was to protect this man. Christian understood that Kyle was the best leader he could have despite being crazy sometimes, err, most of the time. Kyle saved the world on several occasions(?), he is a hero, and Christian must protect him. Kyle may have been a crazy bastard but he did protect the world silently and countless times.

Kyle and Christian went to the rooftop of their high-rise building. The building was so tall that they could see the whole city. That's why they easily found that the place was altered. They looked around, amazed at how each place shifted.

Kyle didn't have time to appreciate the image. This city would be destroyed anyway since war would descent in here. These towering buildings would crush. Kyle started his job, Orb Beams came out of his body, they were glinting and rotating around him. He walked in the direction where the Methuselahs gathered. 

Christian realized what Kyle was going to do so he created invisible walls around him to protect him from the heat. Kyle cast his Skill and bombarded the place where the Methuselahs at.

*BOOM!!*

*BAAM!!*

Sounds of destruction reverberated, pillars of light took off and damaged a part of the city. Kyle understood that this was the best time to assault the Methuselahs. He knew that their numbers would keep increasing that's why he wanted to eliminate at least fifty thousand of them. Even now, the rift kept pouring enemies all around and Kyle must turn the table.

The Orb Beam flew and shot the Methuselahs who were a bit groggy because of the earthquake, they instantly died when the Beam hit them. 

Kyle shot another beam, the citizens who saw his attacks yelled supporting his slaughter. They knew who's Skill is this, only one man had the power to shoot Beams, it's Kyle Rockwell. The citizens cried and cheering at their idol. They were doing their evacuation but even so, their eyes were attached to the majestic light that was kept blasting. 

The other Hunters helped the citizens to escape the city, the support type started to assemble a Teleportation Portal. This was the best way to escape this place quickly. They knew that the neighboring cities were having problems with the Methuselah too.

While the Hunters were busy with their respective jobs, the citizens were cheering them, or to be exact the citizens cheered the man who was shooting their enemies. 

Kyle's Orb Beam was visible for the people to see. The light descended upon the enemies and disintegrated them. They were in awe witnessing his power. 

The Methuselah that was hit by the Orb Beam crumbled and their bodies disappeared. 

*Boom!!*

*Baam!!* 

He didn't show any mercy and continued firing. His eyes looked down at the destruction he did, he felt nothing seeing the creatures he killed. 

"Hm?"

Christian who was close to Kyle felt that a strong presence was coming at them. He raised his concentration just to make sure.

"Christian can you handle that incoming man. I don't want anyone to disturb me right now."

Kyle commanded. Christian didn't say anything, he just turned around to find the approaching enemy. Christian knew what to do, it was to kill the enemy and perhaps gain some intel.

He stared at the incoming Methuselah without any fear, this one had wings and could fly. The flying Methuselah landed on the building. The wings on his back vanished, instead, his left arm became a large crimson blade.  

"I am Duke Tonyo Sanguine, in the name of my Queen, I will eliminate you!!"

"Oh, so we are saying our title. Hello, I'm Vice-Leader Christian, in the name of my Leader? I will kill you?"

He tilted trying to remember if this was the right dialogue.

But the Duke didn't have time for his slapstick, he waved his hand to slice his enemies. 

22