Chapter 195
815 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 195

A strong gust of wind caught the Duke off guard. Mikael's released a powerful aura that caused the Duke to put his defense. His red eyes narrowed as he perceived how the surrounding became hard to breathe. Von Stein's long black hair brushed in the air as the pressure coming from Mikael was creating powerful winds.

Mikael started walking, his scales grew around his shoulders and his deep dark eyes looked like a lizard. 

"Let's see if my power is still not enough!"

He charged at the Duke clenching his weapon with the intention to kill. 

"You will lose!"

Duke Von Stein roared and controlled his whip to hit him. This time, Mikael evaded his attack. The flashing whip glid and aimed at him but Mikael's observant eyes caught the movement. He shifted his body and the whip hit nothing but air. He went closer to him and slammed his Spear against the arrogant Duke. Duke Von Stein saw the weapon and smiled, he was not showing his true power too!

"Your attack won't work on me!"

Von Stein's body blurred and became blood, Mikael's Spear passed through him. Von Stein didn't have any damage as his body turned into liquid. Mikael was shocked, he tried to swing his Spear again but the whip hit him. 

Mikael decided to back away, he weakly groaned as the stinging pain lingered in his skin. Von Stein laughed because Mikael's attack didn't hurt him, he was mocking his foolishness. 

"I see so you have another power aside from using the whip."

Mikael quickly understood.

"Of course, we Methuselah had the power to control our blood. Did you not realize that I didn't use any blood manipulation earlier! Us, the 12 Dukes, had unimaginable power that's hard to fight."

Von Stein explained, his power was that he could become blood and negates every physical attack. He cackled showing that Mikael's attack won't hurt him. He spread his arms and laughed like a villain despite the fact that he was just a mob. 

"So if I try to attack you using my weapon, you will turn to blood and won't hurt. That's a convenient power, actually."

Mikael honestly gave his opinion. Turning into a liquid to negates physical attacks was hard to combat. But Mikael didn't have time to think about countermeasures. He only had one goal, which was saving Furrneka. His lightning rumbled as he released his killing intent.

"I'm sorry but I have someone who is waiting for me, so you have to die. Killing you will give me a large number of experience points, no hard feelings okay."

Mikael crouched, he had something that he learned when he fought in the tournament. A potion for mana regeneration was in his hand, he drunk it. He gulped the liquid to rejuvenate his mana. 

"I'm actually surprised that Furrneka can do it too and I'm happy that she can although this will be tiring."

Mikael sighed, he didn't want to spend his mana because they were in the middle of battle. And it would be dangerous if he lost his strength here. Still, Mikael trashed all of the ifs. For now, he must focus on what was in front of him.

"No matter what you do, you will lose."

Von Stein smirked, the whip began rampaging again and hit everything around. It moved omnidirectional protecting and assaulting all over.

"Even if you get close, you will never hit m-"

A bolt of black lightning flashed.

"Are you sure?"

"Wa-!"

Mikael appeared behind before the Duke could finish his sentence. Mikael's figure was rippling as lightning flickered around him. 

The Duke's eyes widened in shock, Von Stein tried to alter his body but a strong force hit him leading him to crash into the wall. The Duke coughed blood and retched in anguish but another bolt of lightning flashed. Mikael appeared in front of him and stabbed him. The Duke screamed in pain, everything happened so fast.

"Ggaaahhhhh---!!!"

The Duke tried to transform again but strong electricity shocked him. Von Stein convulsed and he lost his concentration, he wanted to transform but the pain distracted him. Mikael stared at him like a man who pitied the loser. The Duke became angry, he couldn't believe that he was the one being pitied. His crimson painted teeth gritted as he spat one word. 

"You!!"

Mikael lifted his foot and stomped his face, Von Stein lost his tooth and he bled. He wanted to speak but another stomp went and crushed his nose, the Duke cried and struggled. He held Mikael's foot and clawed it but it didn't reach long before he released it. A powerful Shock tortured his body. He trembled as blood slowly sipped out of him, the Duke started begging. The Shock was too much for him.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me…"

The Spear that was impaled in his stomach created another shock. The Duke coughed more blood as he shivered in suffering. The jet-black lightning destroyed his inside and charred his organs.

"Huh, I thought you are strong?"

Mikael continued stepping on his face, this time every step became heavier. The Duke felt his skull cracking as the foot kept descending on.

"You see, the reason why you lost is that you are too arrogant. You thought that you can evade all of my attacks if you turn to blood, that's the reason why you lose. All I need to do is to hit you before you turn to blood."

Mikael used the thing that he learned in the tournament. He opened the hidden ability of his fourth Skill, Lord of Lightning. He could turn into a bolt of lightning and travel fast.

Mikael put pressure on his foot and kept crushing the Duke, the Duke tried to fight back but he already lost. Not because he was weak but because he was too confident. He regretted it, he should have put up his defense at that moment and quickly transform. But he couldn't bring back the past. Right now, his head was going to pop like a balloon. His life flashed against his mind and the fear of death struck him. 

"Please let me live…"

The Duke begged again hoping that Mikael would take pity. As one of the 12 Dukes, he must not die here. He still had many things that he must accomplish for the Queen. 

Mikael didn't answer, he lifted his foot again and…

"Nnoooooo!"

*Crack!*

Von Stein's head popped like a watermelon, his brain particles mushed on the ground. Some of it stuck on Mikael's foot, Mikael didn't care about that. Right now, he was focused on his Status. 

[Level up]

"Good, one more level to go."

Mikael replied, he smiled like a child who received his Christmas present. It was terrifying how he innocently smiled after killing someone. 

Mikael released his Dragon Slayer and breathed hard. He couldn't maintain that power for too long, or else he would pass out. He took the Spear out of Von Stein's stomach and walked away. He sprinted again to hunt and slaughter, he didn't have time to check his appearance. 

Duke Von Stein's body was left alone. The Duke who had the higher ground died because of his overconfidence. Perhaps in the afterlife, he would learn his lesson. 

"Where should I go now?"

Mikael asked himself. The strong presences were all around the city and Mikael didn't know who the ally and whose not. 

27