Chapter 206
822 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 206

The ground was rumbling as the couple was busy eliminating the Methuselahs around them, however, the trembling didn't come from them. Klein narrowed his eyes, sensing where the shaking came from. As he felt the earthquake earlier, he understood that this shaking was different.

Kitsune, his fiancee, started hissing, her tails were standing as the shaking become stronger. The repulsive presence was slowly coming at them, she had goosebumps.

"This dreadful feeling…"

She added, she felt this type of presence when she was in Africa, the time when millions of undeads rose from the ground, slaughtering humans.

The shaking became firm, then they realized where the trembling came from. A towering figure of a Frost Giant shown itself, its hand was painted in blood, obviously killed multiple creatures. 

However, the thing that caught the couple's attention was that the Giant didn't have a life, it didn't have any essence of vitality. It was dead and became a giant marionette. On the shoulder of the Frost Giant, a man was standing, looking down at them. Ivan Smirnov smirked, he found that many dead Methuselahs were around the place. He licked his lips, delighted to see and use the deads. 

He commanded the Frost Giant. The colossal creature stopped right before the couple, its shadow blocked the red sky.

Kitsune and Klien put their defense when they saw that Ivan was trying to do something, they glared intently. Kitsune wanted to pulverize the Giant but Klein signaled her to wait. 

The Russian man chuckled when he saw their reactions, he snapped his fingers and called his other undead. 

A silhouette flew across the sky to follow the will of its master, an expressionless woman landed on the giant's shoulder and bowed her head in front of Ivan. She was a Beastmen from the Crow Tribe, but the life in her eyes was none. She was dead, an instrument for Ivan to use. Ivan inspected her, he sighed recalling that she and he had a good time yesterday. However, the woman tried to resist which caused Ivan to turn her into an undead. 

"You are amazing but you try to kill me… Anyway, take me down there, I want to add another member to my collection." 

The Crow woman flapped its wings as the breeze of the sky brushed upon them, she grabbed Ivan and descended to the ground. The woman safely landed him but her tainted hair grazed him. Ivan brushed her hair off and slapped her face. 

Pah! 

A solid tone echoed.  

"Your blood stained my suit!"

Ivan spat as he wiped his stained clothing. He looked at her body and remembered that the woman had a wound on her chest. Ivan recalled how he stabbed the woman to death. 

His face scrunched, how could this undead dirty him!? He retaliated and slapped her again, yet the woman didn't react, she was dead, to begin with. He raised his hand and slapped her cheek again.

"You f*cking-!"

"You---!!!! How dare you do this!"

Before he could continue his sentence, Kitsune's howling voice disturbed him. He turned around and witnessed that Kitsune was releasing killing intent, yet he didn't feel any threat. His face twitched frowning, he didn't like being disturbed. 

"What? Do you have something to say?"

He had an annoyed expression which caused Kitsune to widened her eyes. Is this man stupid, she thought. He had bravado acting fearlessly in front of her. Kitsune's clenched her fists, this man was good at how to offend a person. 

"The woman beside you, she's a Beastmen!"

She roared.

"So what of it?"

Ivan asked, he didn't get the gist.

Kitsune's eyes dilated.

"...I see, so you have the guts to show me that you are using the body of a dead Beastmen in front of me, you're basically saying that you want to die. "

She gritted her teeth. Her sharp fangs glint as she was ready to bite him, taking his throat out of his neck.

"Ah, this."

Ivan realized that the Nine-Tails was mad because of the undead. He smirked and glanced at the dead woman. 

"This woman tried to kill me so I put her in the right place."

"That didn't justify what you're doing!"

"So what?"

Ivan responded, his eyes didn't show any fear against her. If the Nine-Tails wanted to fight, he would give her what she wanted. 

Ivan snapped his fingers, a surge of power risen. Klein and Kitsune felt the dreadful aura of death surrounding them. Yet, the aura didn't attack nor touch them. Instead, they went to the dead people around them, the Methuselahs. 

"Arise."

Ivan commanded. The recently dead Methuselahs abide by his will. Their crumpled bodies stood up and strode unto his place. 

Klein looked around and realized that all of the Methuselahs they killed became undead and slowly headed to Ivan's side. 

"Are you going to fight me?"

The Russian asked a taunting question knowing that Kitsune would be piss, his lips curled up.

Kitsune growled and gathered the mana around her, the mana turned into a crystalline cone to pierce Ivan. The cone drilled in the air, amassing force to end the man. However, Ivan didn't feel threatened, he commanded his undead by his glance. The poor Methuselahs moved and shielded him. The cone drilled them, the meat shield called Methuselahs kept standing to protect their new master. Their blood splashed looking awful. Together with their flesh, the scene was horribly disturbing. 

Klein didn't have any intention of standing. He called his Ashe Wolf and help her. The wolf howled and transformed into smoke, it dashed traveling to Ivan. But a powerful wind prevented the wolf from getting closer, the Frost Giant swung its hand. 

"You!!"

Kitsune extended her arm and called for another mana. This time, she won't hold back. The atmosphere turned dark and Kitsune started elevating. She made a gesture of crushing them with her hands. The space altered as if squishing them. 

"Oi, oi, this is bad."

Ivan replied but his face looked normal, no fear was surfacing. 

"Well, I guess I have to do this."

He snapped his fingers and summoned all of the Beastmen he killed, most of them were women. They numbered around three hundred, it was sad but Ivan couldn't get many Beastmen. Killing them was illegal so he kept his collection in the dark, this was the only time he showed all of them.  He wanted to know if Kitsune had the guts to crumple her own people. 

"It is known that you are heartless, you don't have mercy for your enemies and you don't care about your own race. I want to know if this is true."

He added, the undead Beastmen motioned, shielding Ivan from the incoming attack. If Kitsune hit them, then the first to die would be the Beastmen. 

Kitsune was furious as she watched how the Beastmen surrounded Ivan, protecting him from dying. She knew that Ivan controlled these Beastmen and they were already dead, they were nothing but dolls.

"You think I will stop my attack just because of this. Remember this, I didn't kill them, instead, I will free them from you."

"… You know, I only want to add these new creatures to my collection. Why don't we both let this slip, huh? Just think of this as a joke, what do you think?"

Kitsune scoffed.

"Hmmp! It's too late for you to chicken out, you will die."

[I realized that updating daily will be better instead so I decided to return to updating daily, excluding Sunday and maybe Saturday.]

24