Chapter 209
847 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 209

"Gwarr--!!"

The creature wailed, his body was flattened and even his bones cracked by the fall. The Manticore gritted in pain as his body was mangled by the drop. Added that his body was ginormous, its crumpled as the debris from the destroyed buildings was all over his body. He was disfigured, greatly disfigured, his feet folded and broke while his face was mutilated, it was the first part that hit the ground.

The Manticore made a deafening cry. All over the city, his miserable voice echoed yet the people who heard it didn't have an ounce of pity. The Manticore's image writhing in pain as it tried to move was horrible to see, disgusting in a way. Since his flesh was all around and his face was damaged looking like rotting meat, the people couldn't sympathize with him. Instead, the people puked, releasing the intake they had. 

This monster almost eradicated them when he tried to bulldozer his way in the evacuation. Thankfully, the Vice-Leader of the Redemption helped and stopped the creature. 

"Graaahhhh."

He made a pitiful cried yet no one helped him, even the Methuselahs near him ran as they knew the power of this creature. With just a glance, their souls would definitely be eaten. The Manticore could absorb the souls and become stronger. And as of now, eating souls was the thing that this creature needed the most. His suffering would end if he ate souls.

The Manticore rolled and saw that his feet were broken. He licked his wounds like a dog, how horrible to see a face of an old man licking his wounds. The Manticore was the most bizarre monster that they saw. A body of a lion, a face of a man, and a tail of a scorpion, a strange chimera. After treating the wounds with his saliva, the Manticore returned his vision at the evacuation. He growled, recalling that one of them bamboozled him with the power of levitation. 

The Manticore roared and slowly stood. His body hurt but since he had strong regeneration, his unsteady body regained its balance. He understood what happened, someone made him fly at the highest possible altitude and released the Skill causing him to knock down into the ground. The place around him was flattened as his body was big, neither one establishment was standing. The monster contorted his face while moving, it was painful.

The Manticore shook and lifted his body steadily, he sensed if he could move now. His forehead furrowed learning that his body was still in not good condition. Luckily, he saw some people around him, they were injured and close to dying. What a great way to eat, he confessed, food was lying all around him waiting to be eaten. 

His deadly eyes shone and set on the injured people, their souls went out of their bodies traveling into the Manticore. They couldn't comprehend what happened. All they feel was that their bodies slowly losing their strength, and their minds dissipated in particles, being consumed by the monster. 

They couldn't even open their mouths because their strength was being sucked away, saying the last words were impossible. All they could do was close their eyes and welcome the eternal rest. The Manticore's power was simple but deadly, his glance means death. 

Strength returned to him and the Manticore overcame the fatigue. The wounds all around his body faded away, and vitality won. The monster howled saying that he was back, in a sentence it was "I'm back baby!"

His eyes moved and scanned the place. For now, he didn't want to go to evacuation. He didn't want to feel the same suffering he just got, he was afraid. The height he reached was chilling, and falling down was more alarming. He wanted to consume more souls before he dined on the evacuation, he was being smart and safe. 

He found his next place to target, this city was filled with life and he wouldn't be hungry. His master, Queen Lilith told him that he could eat Methuselahs all he wanted in this battle. However, he must not eat any Count or Duke, or else he would receive beatings. And as much as possible, he must target the humans than the Methuselahs, that was the restrictions his master gave. 

As a smart monster, the Manticore knew what to do. He would devour the Hunters more than the Methuselahs. He had a smug expression while he thought about it, it seemed like a light bulb turned on inside his brain. 

Now, he charged and went to the place where most of the Hunters gathered. He didn't care about the buildings that were trying to block him. He took them down and bulldozed the place, he created his own path to the Hunters. His saliva dripped thinking how good the Hunters would taste, he became excited.

He opened his mouth and welcome the thousands of people. He crashed the last building and surprised the Hunters who were protecting the place from the Methuselahs. Pieces of the building flew through the air and killed a couple of Hunters when they landed on the ground. 

"Giirrraaaahhhh!!!"

The monster greeted them with utmost sincerity, his greeting could be translated into "Surprise Motherfuckers!!"

The Hunters who saw his entrance immediately put their eyes on him. Since they were experienced in the job of being a Hunter, seeing a monster means killing them, no excuse unless they wanted to domesticate the monster. In Manticore's situation, he was too ugly to be a pet, he looked like a pervert old man merged in a body of a lion. The verdict was settled when they saw his disgusting face. 

They target him, their Skills drift assaulting him. The Manticore was large, and obviously, his power should be great too. Their Skills glid and hit the Manticore, causing his ugly face to be more ugly, he bled and injured again. However, the Manticore didn't have any intention of getting bullied. His eyes moved and cast at them, staring at their apparent death. 

The Hunters didn't stop attacking but as their assault continued, they start to realize that their numbers diminished at tremendous speed. They looked around, aghast of what they saw, their comrades were on the ground unmoving like mannequins that were cut of strings. They died and they didn't even create any sounds. Their slumber was imminent, they didn't warn their comrades of their death. 

"T- This… Uwaahhh!!!!'

One of the Hunters was frightened, his eyes struck by the silent massacre, he screamed and started running. His intuition was telling him that he must run no matter what. He must escape this place, or else he would become like the dead people on the ground. 

He didn't want that, he didn't want to die, he had a family that he must return to. However, his strength slowly dissipated, and his senses dispersed. He stumbled onto the dead bodies and lost his life. He died without knowing how he died. The Manticore that they attacked was standing on the battlefield grinning like a madman. 

Please leave a comment, it makes me motivated. Recently I see that this book is losing more read views... Um *cough* is the story boring? Please tell me so that I can salvage it. 

29