Chapter 214
790 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 214

A powerful swing shot and made the Manticore flew in the air and sputtered into the already crumbled structure, his body stuck in the debris and bloodied. However, he didn't die, the Manticore realized that his relentless healing power was now a curse that put him in this endless situation of being ground pound. He puked blood, he was tired, their battle had just recently started but he was glued in the concrete with a destroyed torso. 

This was too much to endure, but his potent regeneration kept him living just to suffer. He wanted to end this, and he knew what to do. As a monster who lived through hundreds of years, he experienced many close call to death, still, he overthrew them. The only one who made him kneel was the figure of a fiery woman who controlled the blood over and made him kneel, his head stuck in the dirty ground. 

The Manticore knew that Mikael was weaker than the Queen he served, Mikael didn't even reach a quarter of her power. Lilith was an ancient god, and except for the Legendary Creatures and Demon Lords, no one could match her greatness. The Manticore scoffed as his mouth bled, he couldn't believe that he was kept on the ground by a man far weaker than the Queen of Methuselahs. 

The Manticore knew the reason why he couldn't face this man head-on, the main factor was that his curse didn't work on Mikael. Even now, his dilated irises were set on the man, but nothing happened. He couldn't absorb his soul, he was immune to his curse! The second reason was because of his fighting experience, the Manticore didn't have any experience in a prolonged battle, he couldn't even use his strength well. Because of his powerful gazes, he didn't think of increasing his knowledge in basic battle. He believed that every problem could be salvage using his eyes, that was the Manticore believed. 

However, the man in front of him defied his beliefs, Mikael was an anomaly that he was afraid to face. A man who was not affected by his curse was bad news, the monster acknowledged that he won't win if he faced him… as of now. 

"Girrrrraaahhh!!!"

The monster needed more souls. To defeat Mikael, he must take more souls and increase his power. His size would intensify together with his healing capacity. The Manticore knew what he needed to do, he laid down and waited for Mikael to approach him. He was reserving his strength to distract the man. One second, that was the only thing that the Manticore needed. One second to escape the grasp of Mikael, after that, he would run with all of his power and hunt other people. That was his plan, to run and eat people, this was his only way to win. The monster huffed and gathered energy, all he wanted was a moment to escape, that's all. 

Mikael started approaching him, his body was reddened because he used the effect of his armor. He already spent three minutes pummeling the Manticore but the regeneration was keeping up preventing the monster from dying. He made many things, he cast his Lightning Spear inside the monster causing the monster to vomit blood but he didn't die, the Manticore was though. 

Mikael was breathing hard and mist was coming out of his mouth, he was getting tired too. He was swinging his weapon, slicing, slashing, and ruptured the monster but all of them were futile, he couldn't kill the monster. Mikael started to think if he could even kill this monster. The Manticore was not strong, his sense of battle was bleak, but his regeneration was so superb that even Mikael felt goosebumps witnessing it. He saw how the damage he partake healed and disappeared, he narrowed his eyes afraid of the monster. Mikael felt different danger in the Manticore, the monster had a hidden blade that could kill him. However, Mikael didn't run away, instead, he raised his weapon. 

So what if the Manticore had a monstrous regeneration? Mikael faced many monsters, and instead of backing away, he confronted them and won despite the odds. Mikael grinned, he found a worthy opponent, a creature capable of releasing his unknown potential. Mikael wanted to tap the power lying inside him, since the time he reached level 500, he felt that something was erupting inside him. But he didn't know how to release it, Mikael believed that the Manticore would help him. In the utmost danger, this was the time where Mikael would show his true strength, Mikael understood how he became stronger. It was through almost losing his life, those were the moment where Mikael awakened his power. And right now, Mikael wanted to open it again, through fighting the Manticore, he would awaken the hidden power deep within him. 

"Yosh, let's do this. Who will die, me or you? How far can we reach it, our maximum potential!"

Mikael grinned, he turned into battle mode, he didn't care about anything anymore. All he wanted was to face the monster who earned his respect. The Manticore was strong, he gave that approval. Black lightning clashed over him, they rumbled and created deafening sounds. Mikael started to increase his walk until he went full force and ran, his figure advanced creating a CGI effect, his jet black lightning moved erratically. His body disappeared again, changed by a bolt of flashing black lightning, it drifted fast and arrived at the Manticore. 

"Grarrraooigghh!!"

The Manticore saw this Skill many times and became accustomed to it, the movement of the lightning was fast and not easy to predict. However, after the lightning vanished, Mikael figure would materialize and he needed a second to complete the process. This was the moment that the Manticore was waiting. The bolt of lightning blasted beside him, Mikael's body emerged and lifted his weapon, aiming at his neck. However, Mikael's eyes widened when he saw that the Manticore was grinning. It was too late before Mikael could comprehend what happened. 

"Gack-!"

The scorpion tail of the Manticore darted and impaled his chest. Mikael saw the hook-like tail entered his body, he coughed blood as he watched how the monster started standing up. 

"Gu- ack! I see… so you are waiting for the right moment to attack me…"

He started to become delirious as the tail pumped poison inside him, Mikael's vision blurred and he was having a hard time opening his eyes. The Manticore unfolded his mouth, his saliva and blood mixed, he was going to eat Mikael. Mikael saw how the monster would going to devour him, but he was still and unmoving. 

28