Chapter 216
880 7 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 216

Lane and Niña penetrated the abyss called fog, their vision was impaired in this place, they could barely see 10 meters ahead utmost. The only thing that could help them was their own senses. Niña raised her phone and asked her sister.

"Miriam? Where is the place, can you still see the eye?"

Niña talked on the phone. Miriam told them the location but in this thick fog, it would be hard for them to find it. 

"I can still…-- see but you must be quick, the fog starting……-- to become thicker."

Miriam's voice was static, it seemed like the signal was getting weaker. Fortunately, the two women heard her voice despite the cut, their sense of hearing was above the others. They nod and start looking around.

"Okay."

Niña decided to end the call, she understood that the signal would further weaken as they continue going in. For now, Niña and Lane trust the information that Miriam gave. No one could beat her in terms of information accuracy. She was the best stalker and locator. 

"It's good that we can find the eye using this GPS."

Lane nodded at Niña's words, they both look at the phone, a small dot was blinking close to them. Miriam gave them the coordination of the eye making their search easy. 

They nod and start to find the eye, they approach the place where the eye is. However, while they travel, they felt that multiple people were coming at them. Methuselahs charged, their weapons were made of blood and they were sharp. They snarl and release their fangs, some of them try to hypnotize them from the get-go but both women had a strong mentality. They effortlessly swiped the hypnotism away and rush towards the Methuselahs. 

Lane cast trees to prevent the Methuselahs from reaching them, bullets of blood try to shoot them but the trees move and compressed becoming a thick wall. They protected Lane from the projectiles. 

While they were busy confronting Lane, they didn't know that their number was slowly decreasing. A silent blade hacked the neck of the Methuselahs, Niña was moving like an unnoticed death reaper who took their lives. Her movement was elegant and fast, it was sad that no one could see the majestic scene of her assassination. Her knives fly and sink into the enemies, before they could grunt or groan, their heads severed and silently landed on the ground.  

In this fog, Niña's movement was concealed, in a way this fog helped her. The other Methuselahs felt that someone was eliminating them, however, it was too late. Lane's vines that were creeping down caught their legs and slammed them to the ground. Even some of them lost their legs as the powerful force whacked them down. 

The Methuselahs cried but even their noises ended quickly. Niña swiftly killed them before they could scream louder. Her figure in the middle of fog was abysmal, blood was all over her body but none of them was hers. It was the blood of the Methuselahs that she slaughtered quickly. Together with Lane, the cleaning session was finished without them sweating. 

"Okay, Lane do you see it?"

Niña's voice echoed because she was having a hard time seeing in this fog. Lane heard her and arrived, her vision was set to the phone and the blinking dot was apparent. 

"Yes, we are here."

They acknowledge, these were the coordinates that Miriam sent to them. But another problem rose up, how could they find a small piece of a gruesome eye in this fog-filled area? They didn't know where the exact place is.

"Sister, leave this to me."

Lane stepped up, she had a way to find the eye. As time passed, Lane was accustomed to her Skill. She hated the say this but Kyle taught her how to improve her power. Since she became solo, she practiced her Skill and realized that she could impart her senses in her creation. In short, the vines and trees could become her skin and hands. What they touched, Lane could feel it. Although this option had a downside when she extended her senses to the plants, she felt the pain when they were destroyed and cut. But this was not a problem for now, in fact, this was the best moment where she could use this nonsense power she had. 

Lane cast thousands of vines, they crawled and touched the road, they wriggled and inspected the things they touched. She closed her eyes as she focused her senses to locate the eye. Lane felt the bodies of Methuselahs they recently killed, even the blood that was flowing on the ground, she felt them. 

She further expanded the search for the eye, her vines lengthened and became her hands in the fog. Lane was rummaging the place to find a sphere, that was the best she could think of since the eye had the shape of a circle. The vines crawled and hunt for a sphere, they slowly flooded the area. All around, the image of vines wriggling stretched. 

Niña watched her little sister with utmost seriousness. Although her aura was broadened as she was protecting her from any enemy that may come out. They were still on the battlefield and they knew the consequences if they lowered their defense. 

Niña was raising her dagger and searched for any other presence hiding. Fortunately, as a master of stealth, Niña didn't sense anyone. The image of the Shadow Demon entered her mind but she knew that the Demon had already escaped this place. Delorio was stupid if he remained in Rio. 

A Demon staying in this place would immediately die, especially now that the Elves were joining the battle. Still, Niña didn't lower her concentration and kept protecting Lane, it was better than being careless. Lane almost died in the past, if not for Choco's unique power, the little girl would surely lose her life. 

'It's good that Choco is not here, he's Lane's only lifeline. '

Niña thought, Lane was strong but not omnipotent, no one's anyway. Just like earlier, if Niña didn't appear and help her, there was a chance that Lane would die. The Shadow Demon was dangerous and could morph in the darkness, he was hard to discover. Added that the Demon had an eye, Lane would surely die if Niña didn't help her. 

"Sister, I found it."

Lane said, a vine immediately returned holding an eye. Lane grabbed the eye and uncast her Skill, maintaining these thousands of vines spent a great amount of mana. On top of that, the feeling of her skin being scraped and touched by many things felt disgusting. 

She narrowed her eyes and inspected the organ, she wasn't sure if this was the eye or just one of the dismembered eyes of dead people. Lane decided to point the eye at herself, the organ lit sucking her power, and Lane immediately redirected the eye from another direction. The eye that she was holding was authentic, this was the real Eye. 

27