Chapter 222
745 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 222

Mikael opened his eyes, the sky was blocked by a thick fog that made the visibility low. He was groggy and his head twitching in pain, he felt the drops of tears landing on his face. Someone was tugging and calling his name. Mikael's groggy senses started to sharpen, his blurred eyes regained their color and Mikael saw the beautiful yet brokenhearted Niña. 

The woman was clutching her hands on his armor, almost as if she was afraid that Mikael would disappear. She shed tears and kept calling his name, she was distress as she witnessed how horrible his situation was. Mikael was pale, some parts of his body were purple, possibly because of poison, although those miscolored parts started to recover their natural color. Still, Niña was afraid, her heart won't be in peace if she won't see Mikael opening his eyes. Thankfully, her wish was answered. 

Mikael saw an angel crying for him, he smiled, his lips curled up as he lifted his weak arm. He touched her face and wiped the tears, he didn't want to see her cry. Niña's eyes widened as she realized how the warm hand caressed her, her pupils dilated, staring at Mikael with surprise and relief. 

She trembled and bent her body to hug him, she wailed and put her head on his chest. She was in a state of heartbreak when she reached the place, she didn't bother hiding her presence and continued advancing to reach him. She knew that Mikael was in danger, her chest was pounding really hard as she ran. 

When she arrived, Mikael's body was in a pool of blood, unconscious. Niña immediately dashed and inspected his condition, she found that Mikael was slowly healing. However, no matter how much she tried to control her erratic emotions, her tears burst out sobbing. Earlier, the girl(Maya) that she treated as her daughter died and she couldn't do anything except run away, she couldn't face Kaya with this. She fought Delorio but she couldn't kill him, the Demon escaped without her avenging Maya. 

And now, Mikael, the significant man of her life was on the ground full of injuries and unconscious. The emotions that she was trying to hide surged out and erupted, leading her to bawl like a child.

"Mikael…"

Her voice was hoarse, she hate herself, she hate this, she hate Kyle, she hate the Elves, she hate the creature that caused this to Mikael, she hate everything! Why did she have to suffer like this, every day she hid under the observant eyes, just to protect her loved ones, Niña sacrificed a lot. She became a vigilante and lost her peaceful life, she could endure it. But now, seeing Mikael like this caused her facade to disappear, right now she was just a woman who wanted to cry on her lover. 

"It's okay, you don't have to be sad, I'm not in danger. Thank you for saving me, Niña. I thought that I will really die."

Mikael patted her head, he misunderstood a major thing, he heard from Raijin that his body was in good condition and the poison won't affect him anymore. Because the first person that he saw when he woke up was Niña, he thought that Niña was the one who saved him. Mikael misjudged it… his heart swelled with this act and his love for Niña grew more, Niña saved him again from death, just like when he was in Africa. 

"Un."

Niña didn't affirm his words, she just nodded and didn't reply. She was skeptical why the Belle did this for Mikael. Niña kept quiet about this because she wanted to confirm the intuition that was tugging her mind. For now, she wanted to stay with Mikael just like this, just for a minute, she wanted to stay with him. 

'After this, I will talk to him, he suffered great damage, he needs to retreat. It will be dangerous if he fights in that condition. Then, I will return and help Lane.'

Her head rest on him, feeling his heartbeat, Niña closed her eyes. This battle was too tiring for her, mentally and physically. She lowered her defense, the Windless became a normal woman with Mikael. Not an assassin, not a wanted criminal, she was just Niña. 

"Niña… what's the situation?"

Mikael paused, he believed that Niña would stop him if he said that he wanted to fight again, but he decided to continue his sentence. He must kill the Manticore, not because he needed large experience points but because the Manticore is a threat to humanity. His stare had a frightening ability that was impossible to defend, Mikael is the only one who could fight him, his curse immunity is the perfect antithesis of the Manticore.

"Mikael no, you are already tired. It will be dangerous if you fight again."

Niña raised her head and looked at him eye to eye, her face was so close to Mikael. She won't back down with this, he needed to rest. 

"I know that you will reach your limit if you push yourself, your body won't keep up with that. Perhaps you will lose your life! Overusing your Skill is not good for you!"

She said with determination, Mikael was her priority. The reason why she dashed into this place was to save him, she couldn't accept his intention of fighting again.

"Even if I have to injure you, you will never figh-"

Her mouth was blocked, Niña's eyes widened in surprise as the unexpected attack assault her. She quivered and tried to let go but strong arms embraced her, Mikael grasped her tightly. His lips attacked her which made her lost her reasoning, she slowly closed her eyes and went with the flow. Their passionate kiss ended after a long series of struggles, Niña was breathing hard. Her heart was pounding hard, but this time, it was not because of distress. 

"Niña, I'm the only one who can kill the Manticore. The eyes of that monster can absorb life, he is dangerous."

"That's…"

Niña didn't say anything, she heard from Miriam that he was fighting a monster that could steal souls, and Mikael was not affected by the power, he fought the monster and almost win. 

"I have to do this."

Mikael said, his face was so close to Niña, he looked at her lips and give a light kiss. Niña shivered in frustration as she realized that Mikael's decision was firm, she knew that she couldn't stop him now.

"Why? Why do you have to do this!?"

Her voice trembled as she looked at him with a pleading expression. 

"Because I'm the only one who can do it…"

She gritted her teeth, she was defeated. Mikael won't be stopped now. 

 

24