Chapter 226
787 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 226

The Elves assisted Lane and Klein to stop the Methuselahs from attacking the Eyes and Kitsune. They were fighting with all their strength just to fend off these frantic enemies. Some of the smarter Methuselahs tried to hit them with long-range and fast attacks but Lane protected Kitsune and the Eyes from being hit. She made walls of plants around the two so that they won't receive any damage. Just a single disturbance would cause the rift to expand and they have to do it again from the start if that happened.

"Just give me two minutes, this rift will be gone."

Kitsune stated as she controlled the mana to compress the rift. The rift was smaller now and no Methuselahs could come out. They could only stick their hands out the rift but even that was futile. The Nine Tail Fox who had a bucket of sweat around her body was trembling because of too much use of her power. Still, she didn't lower her hands and continue raising them at the rift. Her nose was bleeding but she didn't stop. Together with the Eyes, she squeezed the rift until it fully disappeared.

"Wwwarrggghhh!!!"

The Methuselahs around them understood that things would be rough if the rift was closed. However, they were too late. They gave all of their powers just to attack the Eyes and Kitsune but they didn't reach them. The forces protecting them didn't let the attacks touch Kitsune nor the Eyes.

The hole in the sky slowly vanished together with the gloomy presence it had. Except for the red sky, the atmosphere returned to normal.

The Methuselahs screeched as they realized that the battle was already over. The rift turned to void and their allies couldn't enter anymore. It was obvious that their chess pieces greatly shrank. No help would arrive anymore and they were tied in this fog-filled city.

………
……

The suffocating presence that was coming from the rift completely disappeared. The strong Hunters in the city perceived this massive change, they grinned as they raised their weapons. They realized that someone successfully closed the rift.

"Hm? I guess they found a way to close it."

A small old man who was carrying a heavy and long hammer murmured as he smashed the Methuselahs in front of him into pieces. Dwarven Remington laughed as he showered in the blood of the enemies he massacred. His unparalleled strength was destructive despite his small stature. As a Dwarven Warrior, Remington was accustomed to war. He was one of the warriors who defended their world against the Demons till the last end. Although they were forced to migrate to Earth because they lost.

However, for Remington, the migration was the best decision their species made.

"This world is wonderful, the technologies are top-notch, their knowledge is unique yet plausible. But the greatest thing that this world has is strong liquor! I appreciate the fact that they spent time creating a beer just to appease our native tongue! Really, humans are good!"

He laughed and raised the beer next to him. The beer was on top of the dead bodies, Remington didn't care about the blood covering the bottle and drink the contents without stopping. He hiccuped after finishing the bottle and he glared at the Methuselahs that were appearing around him.

"That's why I can not forgive people like you who are trying to invade this world! What will you do if they stopped creating strong beers? Hah! Hiccup!"

He lifted his hammer and started rampaging again, he was sober yet tipsy but he still massacred them with no sweat. Although he hiccuped every three seconds.

………
……

"Aaarrrgggghhhh!!"

The scream of the Manticore echoed but none responded to his call of help. The black lightning crawled around his body as the pores in his skin released blood. He was being cooked alive.

"I don't know why but you have a strong life force."

Mikael said, his weapon was deep inside the monster and he kept channeling his mana to kill him.

"Raijin said that you will die if I keep damaging you, but it's already two hours since I started cooking. But you are still fighting with your relentless regeneration, I wonder how long do I have to do this."

His sweat fell, Mikael was tired too but he remained standing. He opened his Inventories and drunk another mana potion, this was the fifth time. Any more than this would cause Mikael to puke blood. Artificial replenishing of mana reservoir would cause irreparable damage but Mikael didn't care. He was a man who didn't care about any consequences.

He looked around the place. He knew that Niña was in the vicinity but he couldn't detect her since he was not using his Dragon Slayer. Mikael thrust the Spear deeper and the monster cried, he utilized his Shock and destroyed the Manticore's organs. The Manticore tried to raise its tail to impale Mikael but dozens of knives stabbed him in the rear instead. The monster grunted in frustration, whenever he tried to do some sneaky attacks, knives would come at him and sink in his flesh.

However, an intervention happened which would cause the monster to gain his mobility and escaped, but he didn't know that it was all part of the plan to kill him. The Manticore fall for the trap of the woman who was silently watching from afar.

"Hm? What's this…?"

Mikael felt a warm sensation, he realized that something was happening to his body. His senses became slow and he couldn't move well.

"Mikael!"

Niña appeared and grabbed Mikael away from the monster. Together with Mikael, she quickly disappeared from the view. The Manticore who was on the ground writhing in pain was confused, the pain vanished. He lifted his body and turned around, he realized that Mikael was missing.

………
……

"Did you hit him?"

"Yes, Princess."

A high-rank Elf knelt down in front of the Princess. He followed her command and shot Mikael with his silent wind arrow. Although he was confused why Princess Belle commanded him to shot Mikael but not kill him. She said that he only have to injure him. Furthermore, the elf knew that Niña was in the vicinity but the Princess didn't even say a thing about her.

"You can now go out."

"As you wish, Your Highness."

Belle was left alone in a silent room that was protected by the Elves. She was clenching her fists as tears landed on her beautiful yet tainted dress.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me… this is the only way to reach the best ending…"

She bit her lips, a trail of blood slowly crept out of her mouth. She swallowed the feelings that were stuck in her chest. She sniffed forcing herself not to shed tears. She had to be strong. However, no matter how much she tried, the tears didn't stop. She hurt the man that she deeply loves and guilt was starting to eat her.

19