Chapter 235
700 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 235

Niña put pressure on the Princess's neck yet Princess Belle didn't erase the smile that she had. She was staring at the glaring woman without any fear for her life. Niña raised her eyebrow and decided to release her. It seemed like threatening Belle was not a good idea. The woman won't budge, Niña understood it since she and Belle were friends in the past. 

"Better remember that I have the higher ground."

Niña stepped away and put back her dagger in the sheath, Belle sat up and watched her. At last, the person who killed her sister appeared. Belle didn't know what emotion should she show. Should she get angry, or perhaps start attacking her? Belle shook her head, erasing these thoughts in her head. This was not the right time to show her emotions, she was competent enough to do this. She saw millions of worst things than this. 

"So you decided to show yourself. Tell me, what's the reason why the Windless has come here in my humble castle."

Belle sat dignified, her back straightened and her expression was serious, she was smiling elegantly like true royalty that she is. She was hiding her emotions well. Even her tone of speaking was firm. Niña set her eyes on her, she sneered. Perhaps Belle thought that she was on the higher ground.

"I'm sorry to say this but remember that I can kill you if I want to. You can not speak to me like that."

Niña tapped the knives around her waist. She was showing her that one of these knives would reach her heart or neck. However, Belle didn't show any fear despite knowing that Niña may kill her.

'I've seen millions of future, none of them show that you killed me.'

Belle didn't react to her intimidation, she remained calm. Her verdant green eyes stared without showing any uncertainty. Belle put her trust in the Visions. As a calculative person, she must show that she was not afraid of her.

Niña narrowed her eyes inspecting Belle, she kicked her tongue seeing that Belle remain relaxed. She wanted to scare her and it was obvious that it didn't work. Princess Belle is good at hiding her emotions and Niña couldn't find any blindspot. Furthermore, Niña knew that another manhunting would happen if she killed Belle here. It was true that she couldn't kill her, or to be precise, she must not kill her.

She endured years of hiding, fighting Hunters, killing her pursuers, and causing her mother to become mute. Niña was not an idiot. She didn't want to sacrifice the freedom that she recently got. Niña won't succumb to that, she wanted to be with Mikael as long as she can.

Besides, Princess Belle saved Mikael so it would be unforgivable to kill her.

"Looks like we got an understanding. So, tell me the reason why you're here."

Princess showed an innocent smile like a girl who was meeting her bffs and asking about their lives.

"… I hate that you're smart. What's the reason why you cease the hunting for my head?"

"Because it's tiring."

Belle replied which caused a vein to appear on Niña's forehead.

"I'm seriously asking here."

"That's my answer."

"Tch."

Belle wanted to giggle. Perhaps Niña thought that she could intimidate her but she was wrong. Niña was at the lower level in this conversation. Belle could remain silent and not answer her question. Niña couldn't do anything about it, she couldn't kill Belle. And if she tried to hurt her then Belle could just scream or use her ability to call for help. Niña was in checkmate, she bit her lower lip and decided to ask another question.

"And why did you save Mikael?"

"Why, are you jealous?"

Belle crossed her legs like a prim and proper lady…

"You!"

Belle smiled leading Niña to grit in irritation, she raised her weapon but scarlet light started glowing. Belle's necklace was shining bright red, the ruby was elevating and gathering power. Niña clicked her tongue and lower her weapon. She didn't know why but she felt that it would be bad if Belle used the ruby. Something was strange about it.

'Maybe it's a unique weapon of the royal family.'

It was frustrating but Niña understood that this was her loss.

Belle saw Niña's defeat. Princess Belle nodded, she controlled the ruby and the light started fading away.

"It's good to know that you can discern your standing."

She covered her mouth but it was obvious that she was smiling. She loved to see Niña like this.

"Don't be cocky, I may kill you if I want to."

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Niña, don't be childish and go straight to the point. What's the reason why you're here?"

Belle put her mask, the mask of being the Elven Princess, the one and only leader of the Elves. Since she showed her true capabilities, she knew that many people were curious about her.

Since the beginning where the Elves started living on the Earth, this was the first time where the Princess showed her power. In fact, a lot of people wanted to meet her. Usually, Princess Belle won't show herself to the public and the tournament was the only time where she left Japan. However, now, multiple personalities wanted to meet her. Especially the upper management of the World Hunter Association.

The credentials that she did in the last battle were remarkable, she was the main reason why the damage was minimized. Niña and Miriam were forced to investigate her, their clients wanted to learn more about the Princess. Usually, Miriam would be the best Hunter for this job but a new problem arises.

"How can you do that, how can you block Miriam's Clairvoyance?"

"Who knows, everyone wants to have a safe and insure privacy against Miriam Of The Eye, perhaps I found an Item to counter her."

Belle didn't deny that she blocked Miriam but she didn't elaborate how she did it. Niña was not sure, she couldn't judge Belle's expression. She was not easy to read, they knew each other but even now she couldn't read her.

'Just like when we first met… I feel strange when she asked me about Mikael… I didn't tell her any important bits but I feel like she already knew it… Until I'm not sure about her, I will not let her get close to him. She is dangerous, her motives are unknown…'

Niña was determined to do it. Belle was like a foreign book, despite knowing that it's a book, you couldn't read it.

"I acknowledge that you help Mikael, and you saved Rio, but I will keep my eyes on you. Miriam can't see you but I have my methods."

She threatened her.

"Go on."

The corners of Belle's lips raised up. She found it interesting to see Niña getting frustrated.

20