Chapter 249
700 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 249

They both stared at each other until Niña decided to drop the matter. She was angry, yeah, she wanted to kill him, yeah. However, Kyle was still needed. She hated to admit it but this man already proved himself useful from the beginning. 

She sighed and looked at Christian.

"You look happy that we are fighting."

She said and Christian shrugged as he raised his glass of wine. He smirked and gulped it down, he stopped recording the battle. It was actually a miracle that no clashes happen this time. Last time, half of the fortress was destroyed by their battle. 

'It's good that Lane is not here, that child will surely help Niña, just like last time.'

"I can't help it, it's fun watching both of you."

"Yeah, you sick fuck."

Niña returned her sight to Kyle. The man began checking the screen again, he didn't sweat despite barely escaping death. As expected of him, he was the craziest one here. 

"Andromeda is here in the fortress so you don't have to find her."

Niña opened her phone and realized that she had hundreds of missed calls, they were from a certain anxious woman.
Anyway, she disregarded it and went to call Andromeda. 

After a few minutes, Andromeda appeared. She was sweating a lot, this was her first time in this ginormous flying fortress. She knew that this fortress housed the strongest Guild. She did her best to escape the eyes of the members. She disguised as a Redemption member by changing clothes and wearing their insignia. 

Thankfully, no one discovered her. She followed Niña's instructions. Although she heard an announcement twice that she was being hunted. She had ragged breathing as she reached the place. 

There, she saw that Kyle, Christian, and Niña were in a stalemate. They looked nonchalant but she felt a suffocating aura causing her to cover her mouth, she almost vomit. They were releasing frightening auras that could make any person crazy. 

'… I feel like they are going to kill each other even though they look relax.'

That was Andromeda's opinion. She heard that they disbanded because of a problem and it was obvious that it was worst than that. She was a healer and experienced endless battles in the Punishment. 

However, right now, Niña, Kyle, and Christian had sharp presences that aimed at one another. She realized that a silent battle was happening here. 

Her perspective was right, they were monsters. Being fine while being in this atmosphere was impossible, only these people could do it. 

She swallowed the acidic taste that built up in her throat. She knew that at any moment, she might throw up. She bit her lower lip and started regulating her fear. She had to be strong. Everyone knows that strength is everything for Hunters.

If you are weak, no one will respect you. Andromeda understood that she didn't have a choice anymore, she was bonafide Hunter now when she completed the Awakening. She steeled her expression and began walking towards them. 

"Hoh?"

Christian was surprised. Niña looked at Andromeda for a second, it looked like the woman overcame their auras, she slightly smiled and felt proud. As for Kyle, his face didn't change, he already knew that Andromeda would overcome it. She was going to meet strong monsters(Hunters) in the future. His expectations were already meet just by this action. 

Kyle confirmed that the Saintess was now existing. He was relieved a little bit. 

Niña saw that Kyle looked satisfied while looking at Andromeda. She scoffed.

"Let me make this clear. Andromeda is under my protection, not yours. She is not one of your dogs."

She says with conviction. Kyle glanced at her and started tapping using his finger. He was thinking if this would be good. 

After some realization, he decided to nod. 

"I don't need your fucking approval."

Niña got close to Andromeda. The woman was fidgeting and trying to stay standing despite being attacked by their auras. She was satisfied with her determination. 

She looked around the place. It seemed like she didn't have any reason to stay here. She talked to Kyle now, it was disappointed that she couldn't threaten the man. He was heartless and not afraid to die. 

'… He threatened me using Mikael… I guess I'm human compared to him… I still have my heart, I want to stay like this.'

She thought that she lost her humanity but Mikael was the proof that she still had it. Something swelled in her heart as she realized it. She slightly smiled and returned to Andromeda. The woman tried to act strong but it was obvious that she was going to faint at any moment. 

"We will leave this place, you can do it."

Then, she looked at Christian. The man saw her gaze and didn't have a choice. He took out a key for a hovercar, he tossed and Niña caught it. 

"You are still sharp, as always."

"I'm not expecting the car to return, you have to pay me."

"What did I expect, you're still a businessman."

"I don't hear any answer."

Christian sipped. 

"Do I look like I'll pay?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't have ask."

His hovercar was worth hundreds of millions but it looked like he won't get anything back. Perhaps Niña may even sell it and take the money for herself. It was good that Christian was the largest shareholder of the company that produced that said hovercar. He could ask them to make another one for him. 

Niña lost her interest in this business-minded freak, she glanced at Kyle who had a sharp expression. She opened her phone, she smirked as she realized that Miriam was calling her. 

She answered the phone and tossed it to Kyle. The phone landed on the table, and Kyle immediately realized the voice.

"Hello, Niña!? Thank God, you answer the call! Please don't hurt him! As your sister, please don't…!! Nina? Are you there?"

Miriam said as her voice was anxious. The last she saw through her Clairvoyance was that Niña infiltrated the fortress. After that, her Skill blacked out. She started to get worried, this was the first time that Kyle and Niña would meet after the assassination of the first princess. She was afraid that Niña might kill Kyle.

However, she didn't know that Kyle was listening to her.

Kyle looked at Niña, his eyes were furious and afraid.

Niña laughed as this was the only time that Kyle showed his expression. 

"Don't run this time, take responsibility.  You have to become a man and face her."

She grabbed Andromeda and disappeared. 

20