Chapter 255
606 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 255

Christian shook his head as he couldn't believe that Kyle would actually do that. He was impressed and he thought it was stupid at the same time. 

"Anyway, let's not think about that man. It's his problem anyway. "

Christian smirked and decided to go to the control room of the Flying Fortress. Christian wanted to check if the system was working fine and he had another big reason why he wanted to go there. 

While Christian was walking, the Hunters and workers bowed their heads as they met him. Christian greeted them with a smile too. As their boss, he had to show that he put importance on them. Even the females shrieked as he smiled, he was hot and easy to approach. Compare to Kyle that had a cold and dominant atmosphere, Christian was easy to talk and he looked friendly. He always smiles. (Note: Christian had a creepy and business smile in the past but as time passed and his body optimized, Christian creepy business smile turned into a natural-looking one.) Nobody knows that Christian was using a fake smile, it was thanks to optimization. 

The females blush while glancing at him. Christian could make any woman fall for him. However, he never tried to seduce any of the female workers/Hunters in the Guild. Christian knew how to segregate work and playing. He never tried to do sexual things towards any of his staff. He could get those things in the bar and other places. 

Christian had dated a lot of women and even celebrities, but he didn't have a serious interest in any of the girls. His feelings towards them would end after a week or months, then he would dump them. Hehe, our boss is bad you know. 

Although one time in his life, he did fall in love with a girl. But because of the objections of his parents, his love for her didn't bloom. Christian was still a teen at that time but he knew that he loved the woman. However, because of the teachings that were taught to him(to become a perfect human), Christian swallowed that pain until it slowly vanished in his heart. The last time he saw the girl, she was pregnant and her boyfriend proposed to her. They were living in good condition and Christian blessed their marriage and hoped that they would be happy. 

Christian was unsure if he would fall in love again. His feelings towards women were not deep but not shallow either. He likes sex but he likes sex with different types of women. 

Overall, Christian likes his life. 

(Let's hope that Christian will find his other half. Say yes in the comment if you want to.)

Christian reached the control room and the guards who were on standby opened the entrance for him. He nodded as he smiled and the guards bowed at him. The ambiance of the control room was warm, he sensed the heaviness of their jobs. 

Christian set his feet on the room and found busy people checking every change in the Flying Fortress. The temperature, the energy, the lights, etc, they monitored all of them in the control room. With a widescreen and hundreds of computers all around, the engineers had serious expression reading the data. They had eyebags under their eyes yet they were reading every data without deep concentration. 

As Christian moved his vision around the room, he immediately found his target. He wanted to talk to the head engineer and the maker of this Flying Fortress. 

"Oi, Engr. Chen Yu!"

Christian loudly greeted the haggard man. The man looked at him and passed his papers to his assistant. Chen Yu walked approaching him and bowed but an invisible force stopped him from doing so. 

"Come on, Engr. Chen Yu. We know each other for years. We are already friends!"

Christian said as he spread his arms waiting for a hug. However, Chen Yu remained emotionless and just sighed. Chen Yu knew that Christian wanted something from him again. 

His whole time in the Redemption was so fucking tiring. Yes, the pay was good, it was awesome as he witnessed how his bank account turned into 12 digits. However, he was tired too. In fact, he didn't sleep for a week now. He stayed up all night with no rest. It was fortunate that he was a Hunter so he was stronger than a normal human. But his level was 387, he was not a high ranker. 

His job was not to fight but to create and invent. He was known as one of the geniuses of his generation but he was not happy at all. 

'I want to resign but my bosses don't want to let me go. Instead, they raise my pay… How can I fucking use the money if I can't get out of here!! I only have one day off every month!! A fucking month!! Not week but month!! They make me their slave!'

Chen Yu gritted his teeth. He was happy and enthusiastic at first but that thrill stopped after many years. All he wanted was to have a vacation and spend his money, on houses, food, leisure, and bitches. God, he didn't even meet his parents for a year because his last vacation was annulled when the last fortress was destroyed by a Dragon. 

In short, Chen Yu became rich but he couldn't use his wealth at all. 

'Ah, I wanna get married!!'

Chen Yu, 38 years old and a bachelor. 

"… what do you want?"

He looked at Christian, he didn't want to waste time and talk straight to the point. Christian's smiling face twitched, it seemed like his style won't work with him. Chen Yu already knew his sly way of baiting, Christian would act close like a brother then we would ask for something. 

Chen Yu was already busy maintaining this shit. And now this man was going to ask him for something. Christian coughed and smiled again. If the plan didn't work, then he would plan B.

"I'll give you two weeks' vacation-"

"I'll do it."

He immediately agreed even though he didn't completely hear the work. 

"What's my job this time? Do you want me to start doing phase 2? Although I'm not sure if the Fortress is enough to hold a Portal to other worlds."

"No, not that. I want you to study and upgrade the Hrunting."

[Does everybody remember Chen Yu?]

16