Chapter 259
637 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 259

Miriam wanted to speak but then a gust of wind brushed off her and she closed her eyes. When her vision returned, she realized that Niña was already gone. 

"As always, faster than the wind, huh."

She sighed as she shook her head in defeat. She couldn't persuade Niña to see her mother, Mrs. Hasvolge missed her daughter and it was obvious that Niña felt the same way. However, the guilt that Niña carried was too heavy and she was afraid to see her. 

"She's still around so I still have a chance to change her decision."

The moon and the stars were shining brightly yet Miriam and Niña didn't feel any solace in the night. The cold breezes of wind made them lonely. 

Miriam took a look at the surrounding before she decided to return. It was already late and she had things that she needed to do. First, she had to talk to her guests and made them feel comfortable. 

Miriam was curious about Andromeda and why the Elven Princess and Kyle were interested in her. 

'Princess Belle and Kyle only have one similarity, they have a way to know the future. The fact that they are trying to recruit Andromeda is already enough proof. But the question is, what is the reason? Is there something about Andromeda that they are eager to have? Based on what I can see, the woman is just a healer with stronger types of healing. Is it about her Skill? Does she her next Skill going to be a powerful one?"

Miriam didn't know. She could use her True Clairvoyance to see the future but she had to sleep for about a week if she tried to do it. And utmost, the best she could see was two or three days ahead. She couldn't see far ahead from that, or she had to sacrifice her life essence. It was not sure if Andromeda could even evolve her Skill within that timeframe. 

"Although it's impressive for her to become a Rank 1 with just a healing spell. A healing that can steal a portion of xp? It will be going to be fast leveling but she will lack foundation because of that."

She honestly said as she entered the mansion. There, she saw Adalyn, Andromeda, and Seven. It was ironic that because of Seven's persistent begging, Miriam found that Adalyn was Andromeda's friend. Because of this, Miriam knew Andromeda before even Niña called her about Andromeda. It felt like fate was moving and making their paths cross. 

Adalyn and Andromeda immediately stood up and greeted her. As for Seven, he was rubbing his neck because he just carried Titania to a room. 

"G-Good evening Miss Miriam."

Adalyn stuttered but she successfully delivered it. Andromeda greeted her too, and so was Seven. 

Miriam nodded and didn't want to pressure them anymore. 

"You can rest first, we will talk tomorrow. We prepared a room for each of you so you don't have to worry. As for security, we have a powerful Hunter guarding the perimeter."

Miriam chuckled. Niña was protecting the mansion in the dark. If someone tried to attack the mansion, then their deaths were already written on the stone. On top of that, Kyle was in the mansion and nobody in their right mind would try to face him. 

'I can say that they are stupid if they try to attack us.'

Andromeda and the others immediately understand what she said. They recalled how Niña destroyed dozens of flying ships and killed a lot of flying monsters. It sent shivers down their spines, and they know that they could never replicate that craziness. Only Niña could pull that off. 

Miriam saw their reactions and shrugged, she started walking out of the hall and they greeted her for the last time. Miriam's figure slowly disappeared until they were the only three left. 

Thankfully, a maid appeared and guide them to their respective rooms. 

Andromeda, who was alone in her room, sat on her bed and started thinking. She sighed in relief realizing that she was now safe. She clutched her chest and took a deep breath. She decided to sleep, she leaned her back and lied, tightly closing her eyes. However, no matter how much she tried, she couldn't sleep.

Her body and mind were still on alert even after escaping the crisis. She rubbed her shoulders and looked at the window where the stars and moon shining brightly. 

In truth, Andromeda's dilemma just took 29 hours to end and it was not actually long. But for her and the others, it was a heck long day.

………
……

As for our protagonist, Mikael was still sleeping embracing Furrneka in the bed, they peacefully sleep with the warmth of each other making them comfortable. Mikael didn't read the message, Furrneka said that she didn't want any disturbance and shattered the phone. They continued their lovemaking till the next day, it was a monstrosity to see them keep going. They were both Hunters so it was understandable that they have great stamina. 

Furrneka was now completely healed and her temperament was not a short fuse anymore. She could think rationally although when it comes to Mikael, she would always go full Yandere. Well, that was a characteristic of their species so it could not be helped. 

Anyway, Mikael was still not going to be part of the story because the author planned to focus this arc on the other characters. 

[God, I'm having a mental block and I don't know what to write…]

[I plan to focus it on the other characters for the meantime so that I can continue… Well, the title of this novel is MC's not part of the story so it's quite reasonable, right?… Hope you understand.]

17