Chapter 265
541 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 265

Colt and Shenten had bruises all over their bodies, the armors they wearing had holes and almost looked like scraps of metals. They fought the spiders using their everything yet they still couldn't last long.

Colt and Shenten didn't experience the endless monsters horde of the Punishment so they were not used to prolonged battle. They had ragged breathing as they were greeted by two old-looking Beastmen. Colt knew one of them so he acknowledged that the other one is a friend. Still, he didn't look relieved even though he was welcomed. The Patriarch and the Alpha were covered with blood as if they literally bathed in a pool of blood. How could he act with this kind of people?

Colt almost act like he didn't know Patriarch but it was already late. The two Elders approached them and Colt didn't have a choice but to sigh and gulped down the healing potion. 

As for Shenten, the Draconian remain constant with his ever-changing expression. In fact, he didn't grimace at all despite being wounded. 

'I feel like this person is a psychopath or something, I never see him smile or cry at all. He's like a robot, I think even a robot has more expressions than him.'

Colt shook his head in defeat, he was asking his decision in life. He admitted that his judgment of teaming up with Shenten was outrageous since in the first place, he couldn't talk to him. Shenten is mute and far worse than a robot. 

'Still, I accept that choosing that old cat is the best decision I did. That old cat helped me how to find my path. He is straightforward and doesn't hold back on his opinion. I can say that this is a win-win situation.'

Actually, Colt asked the old cat to become his teacher but the old cat didn't accept it and just said that he would help him the best that he could. Colt was a bit disappointed but he decided to settle with that. He learned a lot and he was thankful. 

"Wazzup! How's your training."

Patriarch greeted them as if everything was normal, despite being covered with filth Patriarch was not repulsive at all. He was used to blood since he was a child. He waved his hand and tapped their heads like a grandpa that he is. He was smiling innocently, though the blood on his body made it look like he was a demon. 

"Hey, Colt what are you doing?"

"I'm brushing off the blood from my hair."

"Puhaha, it seems like you are fine."

 Colt and Shenten were already accustomed to Patriarch antics and nod. 

"Good, happy to see you both fine."

The old cat grinned and started laughing, again he was covered with blood so the image looked grim. As for Lander, he still had a sense of manners so he just took off his shirt and wiped the blood. 

………
……

"It's good to know that you are healthy and fine Prince Shenten."

Lander was kneeling before Shenten who didn't change his expression. He just nodded, but it was already enough gesture for Lander. The Alpha sighed, he stood up and looked around the living room. He didn't have time to inspect the house they were living in because he immediately went after the Patriarch. 

Now that he inspected the place, he was satisfied that the Prince was living in a good house. The Patriarch and Prince Shenten were in disguise and no one knew where they were except for a few trusted Beastmen. 

"Um, excuse me but did you just say that Shenten is the Prince of Beastmen and this old cat is the leader of the Cat Tribe?"

Colt, who was perplexed, tilted his head as he didn't know what expression he should show. He was good at controlling his emotions, but he was still surprised to know that Shenten and the old cat were actually prestigious people. He wanted to make sure so he asked Lander, the only sane person. Shenten would never answer him and the old cat would just laugh. 

'Shenten doesn't speak so I don't know the true name of the old cat. If I heard that he is the Patriarch then I will definitely understand what's going on. Yet, I'm oblivious for months.'

Lander stared at him, trying to find Colt's intention. Lander was not good with humans but he knew when to show his hatred, this person in front of him is a friend of the Prince so he's an ally.

"What you heard is right, Prince Shenten and Patriarch are important figures of our species."

"… Wow."

"What do you mean wow?"

"Nothing."

Colt shook his head, he might receive beatings if he said it. 

'You have a mute crown prince and an eccentric Clan leader to be pillars of your Kingdom, as a business-minded person I can already see that you are going to fall.'

Lander felt like Colt was insulating the Prince and the Patriarch. If he was just like his past, a hot-blooded warrior, he might break Colt's arm. But he was different now, he knew how to discern enemies and not. He could see that Colt is a friend and he didn't have a bad intention. 

"Okay okay. Now that we are all here, how about you start speaking Lander?"

While holding a chicken drumstick, the Patriarch joined their conversation and asked Lander directly. However, Lander was not adamant to speak because Colt was here. He may be an ally but he was still a human and what they were going to talk about was important. It was related to the future of their species. 

"It's okay, Colt is a good guy. He is cold outside but warm inside, you know, a tsundere." Patriarch gobbled up to the chicken.

"I don't know what tsundere is but I feel insulted."

Colt planned to search for the meaning of the word later on. 

Lander glanced at Prince Shenten, he nodded and agreed to let Colt stay and hear them. Lander didn't have a choice but to accept his decision, he started talking about the current situation of their species.

[ I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

Veren Hammock, K Kim, Vizzy, Ian O'Hara, Capzlawk Nguyen, Crane17686, HaiI'mRyuu, L A M, Alex, terrance smith, Haddouch Belca'Sam, and Ausner Gentil. 

Please visit my Patreon if you want to read ahead of public updates:

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki ]

12