Chapter 267
578 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 267

[I know that some readers are getting frustrated with the pacing, sorry guys but this series will finish around 600-700 chapters, I think.] [So yeah, I guess this series has a slow pacing, sorry guys. As for those people who are waiting for Mikael to power up, I'm on it. I will make him the strongest son of a bitch!!]

While Adalyn was helping Andromeda to reach her room, Miriam and Kyle were left alone on the wide training ground. They were both not speaking and the atmosphere was awkward. 

"… Do you have something to say?"

Kyle talked first as he didn't want the suffocating atmosphere to continue. 

"No, but I think you have something to say."

Miriam replied with a tint of coldness, she was starting to get frustrated with this man. 

"You say that I know nothing yet you don't even try to explain it to me. How can I understand it, hm?"

She said with a huff, they knew each other for a long time since the start of Awakening, yet Kyle was still hiding a lot of things from her and the others. 

"How can we understand you if you don't tell a thing…"

She was choked. Usually, she would act strong in front of him but not anymore, not after everything. Miriam was a woman too and she had a vulnerable side, she may be the toughest woman on the team but this didn't mean that she was unbreakable, everything has its limit.

"…"

"What are you not going to say a thing?'

Miriam waited for Kyle but the man remain quiet and didn't open his mouth at all, he couldn't. He was afraid, he didn't know the exact reason why he was afraid, but he is. 

"You…"

Miriam closed her eyes and stopped her tears from flowing, she took a deep breath and calmed herself. Then, she smiled at Kyle as if nothing happened. 

"Why did you even go here?"

"…"

"I think I'm tired, I have to excuse myself."

Miriam moved her feet and left Kyle alone in the training area. The cries of the snow bunnies echoed and filled the place with sadness. When Miriam was far from the training ground, the tears started flowing and she immediately wiped them, she sniffed and walked with her chest out walking tall like everything was fine. 

"I'm right, you are a bastard."

No matter how much she tried, she couldn't open his heart, Kyle won't open it. Since the first time they met in the Awakening, Kyle's heart was already close and none could open it. Miriam already knew it, she knew that Kyle is a heartless man that won't hesitate to kill just for the betterment of the world. However, deep inside of her, Miriam was hoping that Kyle would change. 

"Corrupted or not, you are a bastard…"

Using the back of her hand, she wiped the tears and walked towards where her son was staying. Lemar started to behave like an adult after what happened last time when Kyle left Lemar and Miriam in the room. The young kid started to act strong and didn't want to show that he is a child, that he really is.

"What did I tell you, you are going to get hurt."

While she was walking, Miriam sensed that Niña showed up behind her. She looked around and saw that Niña was leaning on the wall and glancing at her. 

"Miriam, this is not you. You are strong, far stronger than anyone. It hurts me to see you like this."

"… What do you know? You and Mikael has a strong relationship-"

"No, Miriam you know that you are wrong. You know everything about us, and you know our situation."

"… I'm sorry."

Miriam said with a trembling voice, her shoulders were down and she was trying to swallow the frustration. Niña who saw her appearance couldn't help but sigh, it aches her to see Miriam like this. 

'Nobody can make Miriam cry like this except that bastard.'

Niña realized that they are all human. Despite having powerful Skills that could destroy nations, at the end of the day, they are humans who have feelings and can be hurt just by simple words. Niña knew this,  Hunters are not God or any omnipotent existence. 

Niña walked towards Miriam, she spread her arms and embraced her sister. She knew how painful it was for Miriam. Yet, this is her battle and the only thing she can do is to cheer for her. 

"Sister, I'm sorry for blaming you. This is not your fault."

"No, I should be the one to say sorry. I know that you are suffering too."

Miriam put her head against Niña's shoulder. Niña tapped her head and let Miriam cry and release all her frustration. Sometimes, crying is not bad, it didn't imply that people who cry are weak. They are just in deep stress and had to cry, crying is part of human emotions and it's not bad or taboo. 

"It's fine, you will remain as my sister forever."

Miriam cried, her body was trembling while Niña was hugging her. This was too much for her, she was affected by a man who was not sure if he loved her. 

………
……

"Are you okay now?"

"Un."

Miriam nodded wiping the tears, she felt good and the chains in her chest vanished. She felt free after releasing everything, although she was embarrassed crying on Niña's embrace. She was the oldest one yet she was being pampered by Niña. She fanned her face and sniffed, her nose was red and her eyes were swollen. 

"Now, let's talk about that bastard, hm?"

Niña couldn't help it, she was concerned about Miriam. Kyle is really heartless for making Miriam like this. Niña deeply regretted that she didn't stop Miriam before it was too late, she was the first to detect that Miriam was falling in love with Kyle, but she didn't do anything except for a half-hearted warning. 

"I know what your answer but let me ask again, do you want me to kill him? I'm still confident in my ability, Kyle didn't have an Item or Skill to detect me so I can finish him easily."

Niña straightly offered her opinion which caused Miriam to strongly shook her head.

"Fufu, don't worry I'm just joking. Ara ara, so you still like the bastard, huh."

Niña giggled but deep inside she was disappointed. As for Miriam, she was pouting and blushing. Love, it's a powerful emotion. 

13