Chapter 270
542 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 270

"W- what are you doing?"

"Hm? I just want to talk."

Miriam elegantly scooped out the cork using her thumb, then she saw that there are a pair of glasses of wine in the drawer. She strolled and grabbed them, then she poured the champagne into them and gave one to Kyle. Kyle looked at the wine then glanced at Miriam, she was smiling but Kyle felt that she would smash the bottle on his face if he would not take the wine. 

"Hm?"

In the end, Kyle decided to accept the wine and sipped it. Miriam giggled and drank her wine too. The silence was suffocating for Kyle despite lasting only five seconds. Miriam put down her glass, it was empty because she drank all of it in one shot. Her face was red, although she was not drunk. For her to get drunk, she had to drink at least three or four bottles of champagne. Still, the liquor gave her warm which led her to become courageous. 

"Tsk tsk."

She glanced at Kyle and the man almost fidgeted. Kyle won't easily show discomfort but Miriam's glance was different as if she was probing Kyle and reading his mind. Her dark brown eyes could penetrate him, Miriam of the Eye, the title is suited to her. Kyle subconsciously gulped. 

In Kyle's past life, Miriam died because her power was hard to counter and even the Demon Lords were naked before her eyes. Mammon, the Demon Lord who represents the Sin Of Greed, killed her and stole her eyes. It was ironic that Miriam died despite knowing where the Demon Lords were, she was weak except for her eyes. Nothing could escape her eyes but it doesn't mean that she was omnipotent. In the end, she died just like the others. 

Yet, right now, that memory made Kyle's heart squeeze. He felt the pain and anxiousness knowing how Miriam would die. It was a secret but Kyle was the one who told Miriam to retire, she was pregnant at that time, he talked to her that being a Hunter is not good for her since she will be a mother.

Miriam didn't retort him and agreed, she put more importance on her family than being a Hunter. Leveling and becoming stronger is not her dream anyway. Instead, Miriam accepts works related to information gathering, she's the best that the world could find. Illegal or not illegal, she could see it. 

"Hm? Why are you looking at me like that? Ah, perhaps you find me attractive?"

Miriam put her hand on her cheek and acted mature, although she was blushing because she knew that she was acting flirty right now. She was embarrassed because she wasn't like this but the alcohol gave her a push. It was fortunate that the alcohol made her blush natural. To make it better, she poured the champagne into the glass again. Then, without hesitation, she gulped down all of the content, but she did it with elegance. 

The way her mouth moved and her neck being visible, some of the wine drizzled down, the scene looked mesmerizing. Even Kyle couldn't help but gulped his wine so that he could turn his attention. However, no matter how much he tried, his eyes always glanced at Miriam. 

Kyle closed his eyes and calmed his palpitating heart.

"Miriam, what's the reason why you're here?"

"I already said that I want to drink. Is it bad to drink in my house?"

"This is my room."

"This is my property, my house. I can do what I want."

She said and licked her lips. 

"… What do you want? I know you won't do this without any reason."

Kyle was not stupid and he could sense that Miriam was acting strange. Yet the was she act was fatal to him, that's why he wanted to know the problem so that he could fix it immediately. 

"Nothing ~"

Miriam didn't listen to any of the words he said and just poured another champagne into her glass. 

"Miriam, don't act that you don't hear me."

Miriam just shrugged and raised her finger, she waved it gesturing him to shut his mouth.

"Before that, I will order another champagne. Sorry, it seems like I finished the bottle on my own… I think I should order three or four."

"… Do what you want."

Kyle sighed, hiding his expression. The way Miriam holds herself right now is just like in the past, she is acting carefree. It was a sight that Kyle remembered clearly. 

"Maid! Maid!"

"Hey, don't raise your voice. What kind of Master will scream like that?"

"Who cares, this is my house and I can do what I want."

She said with a bit of tipsy tone. The champagne she drank was strong and specifically made for Hunters. Then, she clumsily walked, even Kyle looked at her worried that she would stumble and fall. 

Miriam opened the door and saw that a maid was walking in the hallway. She ordered the maid and it didn't take long for her to return with a pushcart filled with… 15 bottles of wine drowning in cube ice. 

………
……

"Hiccup!!"

"Sigh, I said don't drink too much."

Kyle exhaled a long one, Miriam hiccuped and drank another one. Her face was blushing as she was swaying and holding a bottle of alcohol. 

"Hehe, drinking ish the besht! Gosh, I swearh to God that I will never forget the blessing oshf being drunk!"

She mumbled and her pronunciation was not clear. She was groggy and raised her bottle and gulped another mouthful of wine.

"Yeah, wait for tomorrow and you will feel a headache… Never mind, you are Hunter anyway. You will not have a hangover."

"Washt did you say?"

She glared at Kyle, her glistening lips were hard to disregard. Kyle gulped and turned his head around, he didn't want to look at her… He might sin. 

"You! Why are you sho bad!?"

Miriam glared and pointed her finger at him. However, she lost her balance and stumbled on Kyle. 

"Oi, don't be like this. Act like a lady."

"Shut up!"

14