Chapter 286
529 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 286

"Do you know the reason why I specifically asked you to fight me?"

"Huh? I thought it was all about the promise?"

Mikael tilted his head while holding his Lightning Void Spear. He believed that there was no other reason than the promise. 

"The promise is one of the reasons why I asked you, but I have another reason."

"Then what about it?"

Mikael narrowed his eyes, probing what Oliver was thinking. 

"About that." Oliver cracked his knuckles and grinned. "You will learn it later on."

Oliver started running, he was fast but Mikael could see his movements. 

'My guess was right. He's a strength-type. Not an all-around like me.'

Mikael has the speed, the strength, even the long-range attacks. It may sound bullshit but he excelled at all of them. He was a natural-born fighter, whenever he fights, his instinct as a bloodthirster would show up and he would become intuitively smart. As long as it's a battle, he could win. 

Oliver jumped up and his arm turned into a massive one and smashed Mikael. Mikael widened his eyes, he was surprised that Oliver could transform a part of his body into a giant with just a glimpse. It was too fast. 

However, Mikael was faster. 

His body made a crackling sound and a black flash of lightning traveled through a course of a second and flew before Oliver. 

"Yeah! This is what I like! You're not a level 500 at all!!"

Oliver grinned and saw the bolt of lightning transforming into its real form, Mikael's Spear drifted, aimed at Oliver. 

"Good."

Oliver reduce his arm to normal and blocked the Spear by enlarging his other arm. The black lightning moved around and electrocuted everything. It was fortunate that they were in an expanded space. 

They both landed on the ground with scratches on their bodies. Mikael had his head bleeding, it seemed that he didn't completely escape the attack earlier. 

As for Oliver, his arm was charred and it was trembling because of the aftershocks. 

Yet both of them were smiling as if they find a companion in each other. Without waiting for a rest, the two charged and attack. 

………
……

Furrneka was narrowing her eyes, flashes of lightning moved around and the earth was shaking. She became serious when she realized that both Mikael and Oliver were fighting with all they have. 

She was amazed by how the fight was clearing up. She could see that Mikael was at disadvantage but the fact that he could fight a Hunter having a higher level than him was already an achievement. He could fight Oliver equally despite being at a lower level of almost three hundred. 

Furrneka knew that Mikael was still not using his hidden Skills. 

As for Oliver, he immediately coped with Mikael's lightning bolt. He could follow where he moved and counterattack. Furrneka, who could do a lightning bolt, was shivering. She knew how the Skill works, a flash of lightning would appear in a fast way and surprise an enemy. Yet, with seeing it once, Oliver already made a counterattack. 

Was it intuition, skill, or not? Still, it was enough reason why Oliver became the 3rd Rank of the first batch. He is a monster on his own. 

Both of them were bleeding all over their bodies but they did not stop raising their arms. 

"It's already been three hours since the battle started. It's obvious that they will lose their mana anytime soon."

Furrneka was watching intently. She knew that if she watched them, she would learn something. 

"I feel like something is blocking Oliver from using his full power. I heard that he can turn into a giant, but this whole time I never see him turning into a complete giant not even once. He was only using his arms and legs and enlarged them. I can see that he is not giving Mikael a handicap, it's not about it. There is an inner struggle, he is trying something."

Furrneka deduced just by watching them. It was impressive for her to see that. Since the battle in Rio, Furrneka was evolving too. She may not awaken her Skill on her own but her instincts were being sharpened. And now that she was cured and not controlled by her animalistic tendencies, her improvement was going to be better. 

She was clenching her fists snd her blood was boiling. 

………
……

"I can see that you are having a problem!"

Mikael said and swung his weapon. He felt like Oliver was bugged by something. It was obvious that he didn't want to use his full giant form. 

"Is it because of the battle against the Dragon?"

"Hah! It seems like I can hide something from you. You are right, it's because of Fafnir. The Dragon that I couldn't eat and I regret it a lot!"

Oliver knew the reason why he lost. At first he was confident that his strength was enough to bulldoze any opponent. His massive size could flatten an enemy with just his stomp. However, when he fought the Dragon, he realized his weakness. 

He was strong but his size made it a reason for him to become an easy target. Fafnir was the same size as him and when they brawl, Oliver lost his advantage. On top of that, he became slower whenever he turn into a giant. Oliver calculated those reasons and learn that his massive size would be his weakness especially if he fought a large monster like Fafnir. 

Oliver learned his lesson. That's why he didn't turn into a giant. Particularly when his opponent is Mikael who can bamboozle him using his Spear. Oliver was an easy target with his Lightning Spear. Instead, he was being flexible through enlarging and reducing his size. It was the battle tactic that he was adapting. 

However, it was not enough. 

'Mikael, I will use you to awaken my next Skill.'

Oliver planned to use Mikael as his stepping stone. He knew that Mikael had the power to make him stronger. He knew it since the first time he met him in the Ranking Hall.

'This man can do it!'

12