Chapter 297
443 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 297

His gaze traveled across the room, he was trying to find the moles. However, the meeting ended without a problem and Mikael became confused. He thought something bad would arise. 

'Did Miriam make a mistake?"

Anyway, he sighed in relief when he realized that everything was over. After this, he would go to different places to eat delicacies and kill monsters. He had to level up. He glanced at Furrneka and the woman was fidgeting and eager to leave. She may hide her expression but Mikael could see her urges. 

Mikael smiled and lowered his defense. 

However. 

When the Queen stood from her seat, strange energy rippled and everyone inside the room sensed the danger. Since most of the people were high rankers, they immediately respond to the changes. One of the guards ran towards the Queen, he had mana bombs inside his body and they switched on. 

Fortunately, Mikael was not rusty. He cussed and generated lightning to catch the guard.  

"Oh shit!"

Mikael cast his lightning bolt and stopped the guard. Just like him, Furrneka and Patriarch reached the guard too. It was so fast that only a few people reacted. 

The explosion began and the three did their best to minimize the damage. Furrneka summoned the Black Serpent to counter the explosion while Patriarch used his metallic arms to defend the Queen. 

As for Mikael, he commanded Raven to create a dome to cover the explosion. They successfully prevented the explosion from killing anyone.

Everything happened so fast and all of them heightened their senses as they knew that this was just a greeting, the real crisis was just getting started. 

Without realizing it, the guards started to act insane. They screeched and rushed to Queen Saya, Lander appeared and prevented them while Patriarch was keeping the Queen safe. 

The other tribe leaders attacked the guards, they were confused why the guards were acting crazy as if they lost their minds. In fact, they were not fighting at all. The guards kept rushing to Queen Saya, she was the target. They did not care about the leaders, they were hectic to kill Queen Saya. The tribe leaders didn't have a hard time stopping the crazy guards. They incapacitated them, chopping their limbs but keeping them alive. 

They were busy fighting the guards that they did not realize the true scheme, only Mikael knew what would happen. 

'Miriam told me that a certain organization wants to kill the Beastmen Royalty. This means that Prince Shenten is a target too.'

Mikael looked at the Prince, he was quiet but he was alert. Sure enough, a concealed person emerged from the darkness and tried to kill him, Mikael turned into a lightning bolt and stopped the person. He stabbed the person and activated his Shock. 

The person bled so much and screamed in agony. He was not dead, Mikael had a few things to ask. 

"Who sent you?"

He glared and stabbed the poor guy again, he groaned and spat blood. The person grinned, he had a switch in his hand and clicked it on. 

"… All for the Speitato."

He said before an explosion swallowed him. 

"Mikael!"

Futrneka cried and run towards the explosion but it was already late, the explosion was unique. It did not have a wide range, nonetheless, the destruction was enormous. Furrneka became anxious as her eyes glistened with tears. 

Although a hand tapped her head causing her sadness to cease. She turned around and saw that Mikael was behind. He was grinning. 

"I'm fine, you know that I'm fast."

He said although his t-shirt was burned and his skin had some charred spots. Overall, he was in good condition. 

Mikael looked around and realized that most of the problem was solved.
Queen Saya and Prince Shenten were fine. 

It seemed like everything was over… Or so they thought. 

The subjugated guards started acting up too. Suddenly, one of them puked a unique bomb made of mana. It was a surprise but kind of expected. Of course, the enemies would find a way to silence the guards. 

"Everyone, leave!"

All of them used their own means to escape the place. Even Mikael and Furrneka cast their lightning bolts to escape. After a few seconds, the whole room was eradicated together with guards.

………
……

Mikael and the others successfully escaped, the tribe leaders who attended were safe too. No one died, except for the guards, it seemed. 

The Royalties were not hurt but Queen Saya was shaken by this situation. Someone was trying to kill them. She became restless and contacted her daughter, fortunately, the Princess was fine and answered the call.

The tribe leaders made a judgment and took this problem seriously. It was unexpected, they did not find fault with the guards until they started acting crazy. This was a dangerous situation and there might be a chance of this happening again. 

"It's a Skill." 

The Patriarch confirmed, he did not have an explanation but he knew that it was a Skill. This kind of phenomenon could only be explained by Skill. The others nodded and acknowledged his deduction. From now on, they had to be careful about a person who could control people and turn them crazy. It was quite frightening because no one detected the changes in the guards until the last minute. 

"It's unfortunate that we don't have a lead. All of the guards died."

………
……

At the same time in the toughest prison in the world that only a few important people knew.

The prison was hidden in the world, some said that it was inside an expanded space while the others said that the prison was located under the headquarters of Hunter Association in the USA. 

The prison was impossible to escape and this was the place where most wanted criminal stuck their asses in and they could not get them out. The prison was named Numb Mountain Asylum. 

And this place housed some of the most dangerous humans and demihumans that ever existed. Right now, the said toughest prison was being hijacked. 

A panther woman who changed into a guard was walking in the corridor and looking for a certain person. At last, she found him. 

"Hello, Mister Hakanria."

The panther woman, Josephine Pennine, stared at Hakanria who had a calm expression. 

12