Chapter 319
379 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 319

In a wide place, where a bunch of trees was standing, where some debris from the destroyed tower were lingering on the ground. In a certain savanna in Egypt. Hundreds of Beastmen were standing and watching the ceremony. It was the crowning of the next King. 

Actually, this procession was only approved by half of the clan leaders of the Beastmen. As for the other half, they were silent or they were trying to prevent the coronation from happening. They almost achieved it, actually. 

However, now that a worldwide war was happening in Aisa, the Beastmen felt the urgency to do the coronation. Especially when some Beastmen were helping the Russians. The higher-ups immediately understood that these Beastmen were traitors who sided with the Speitato, Ivan Smirnov to be precise. 

They realized that the unity of the Beastmen was slowly crumbling. They have to fix that problem before it became worse and couldn't be handled. The fact that some leaders were trying to create their own kingdom was proof that they have to do the coronation. 

The official coronation would strengthen the foundation of the royal family, it would bring them legitimate power. Especially when half of the clan leaders gave the approval. 

The Beastmen gathered and watched, they consist of the clan leaders who were loyal to the Crown and the others who were trustworthy such as Evie, Vania, ex-Captain James, and Kalman. Kalman was a human but since he was Jame's Kampi, a family, he was invited. 

James and Kalman decided to spend their time getting stronger in Dungeons. Kalman resigned from the Hunter Association and so did James. Their connection as Kampi became stronger. 

Of course, Alpha and Patriarch were in the coronation too. They were standing side by side to the Queen, they returned after their plan failed to kill Ivan Smirnov. That man predicted their intention so he declared war. Now, Ivan was protected by millions of people, dead and alive.

So Lander and Patriarch returned instead. Because of this, they confirmed that there was a snitch. Yet they were clueless about who he/she is, or perhaps the spies were more than two. 

Since Patriarch was there, Sekena and Jubero were there too. Sekena was rubbing her tummy and smiling. She was pregnant, it seemed like Jubero fulfilled his job as a husband. Well, Sekena kept doing him so it only took a year for him to impregnate her. 

Then, Furrneka and Kitsune were invited too. Furrneka didn't have anything to do now that Mikael was away. Sometimes she would kill monsters in the Dungeon, bombarding the whole place. So when her grandfather invited her to attend the coronation, Furrneka decided to go. 

As for Kitsune, she was specially invited because her existence would strengthen the legitimacy of the ceremony. Kitsune didn't want to attend but the Beastmen kept bugging her. In the end, she was forced to attend because Furrneka would attend too. At least, she had someone to talk to.  

Queen Saya was standing on the stage, Lander and Patriarch were serious, making sure that she was fine. 

Prince Shenten was kneeling on one knee in front of the Queen, he bowed his head and showed respect to her mother. 

Now, probably some would ask why they were doing the ceremony in the savanna where King Timar and Fafnir the Bone Dragon died. That idea was the answer itself. 

This place was where the little remaining of the Wishing Orb and Dragon's Heart lingered. This may be little but it was enough to strengthen the royalty's power. 

The ceremony would end after the crown Prince absorbed all of that power. Prince Shenten was the only Prince,  he was a Draconian, and he was eligible to become the next King. If he successfully absorbed the essence from the savanna, Prince Shenten would be the official king of the Beastmen. 

They knew that the Wishing Orb was corrupted, but they still go with this plan. This was the only way to further strengthen the legitimacy of this ceremony. As long as everything was finished, the royalty would retain their control over the Beastmen. Some Tribe/Clan Leaders may not accept the coronation, but as long as most of the leaders agreed then they already achieved their plans. 

As for the first command that the royalty would announce, they would declare the Beastmen who helped Ivan Smirnov as traitors. How could they agree of helping Ivan despite knowing that he killed hundreds of thousands of their brethren, it was unforgivable.

Patriarch and Lander already have the list of the Leaders who betrayed them. The Snake Tribe, Panther Tribe, Buffalo Tribe, and a few others. Most of them would be executed. By helping the enemy, they lost their chances to clear their names. They didn't know the reasons for the betrayal but the fact that they helped the abomination like Ivan Smirnov was unforgivable. 

On top of that, the news about the prison break was passed on to them. Lander found that Hakanria escaped the prison. 

All of them were watching the ceremony intently. Even Kitsune was focused, she felt that the mana around the savanna was flowing towards Prince Shenten. The act to become a King was starting. It all depends on Shenten if he could overcome this situation. 

'Absorbing the Wishing Orb and the Dragon's Heart is not that easy. The Prince has compatibility because he has dragon blood but it's not enough. This power is not that easy to handle, it will be painful.'

Kitsune admitted, she has the strongest mana sense in all of them. She knew how hard it would be to control the outside power and absorb them. Draconians are created by the sole wish of being a God, it was Fafnir's wish. On top of that, the Dragon's Heart was filled with hatred. Fafnir was a beast loaded with wrath. Let's all hope that the silent Prince has the power to handle that hatred. 

'He looks calm and quiet, it's good, but sometimes the quietest are the most dangerous when they became angry. I understand why humans made a meme about the quiet kids who will pull guns out of their bags when they are bullied, it's understandable. Quiet kids are dangerous.'

She thought while sensing the upcoming battle. 

9