Chapter 364
279 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 364

It was the most frightening tragedy that happened to the world. Millions of people died and even now, the death counts were still increasing. I'm talking about the Covid- ehem, I mean I'm talking about the Demon invasion. 

A week already passed and the world adjusted well, it was shocking. Especially after how many people died. Perhaps it was true that people had the best coping mechanism. 

Since the start of Ragnarok, the Earth didn't see a glimpse of the sun. It was always dark, even the term night was not enough to describe their situation. There were no stars and moon, it was complete darkness. Some of the people were having a hard time moving in this environment. Thankfully, because of the technology, people could use well-created lights to brighten up the place. 

They have the energy and technology to adapt which was not a surprise. Because humanity survived using their minds and ability to create tools since ancient times. 

The Demon Invasion was still ongoing and some countries had already fallen. They couldn't defend well against the Demons and the countries became corrupted. This means that it was impossible to live in that places anymore. 

Thankfully, it was still a small percentage and humanity still had the chance to salvage the situation. 

As of right now, the prominent Hunters and Demihumans decided to take important meetings to deal with the problems. They knew the seriousness of this situation, it was related to their chances of surviving.

As for Mikael Tibano, it was stated that he was killing Demons. Just like him, Kim Soo-Woon was killing Demons on the other side of the world too. They were the two major spearheads that protected the world this whole week. If not for the two of them, perhaps Earth was already dead. 

However, all of them understood that these two were not enough to protect the Earth. They were divine beings but they had limitations too. 

"It's a good thing that we finished the cure…"

Dwarven Remington announced in the meeting and the demihumans sighed in relief. Corruption was one of the main reasons why they lost their planets. Their brethren turned crazy and sided with the Demons. Because of this, a lot of infighting happened and spies were all around. 

"Then, can we use it on the infected?"

Kalman curiously asked. He received information that most people were being affected by the corruption. They were the ones who survived the attack against the Demons but because of their frailty, they couldn't fight the corruption and they were infected. So far, the corruption was only making them irritated and violent but once they become insane, they would turn into Demons. 

"Yes. We are trying our best to produce them but we needed resources..."

Remington stumbled on his words. He wanted to take a sip of a cold beer but he was at an important meeting so he didn't dare to. Because of this, he was not in his top mode. 

"What do you think Kyle?"

Oliver attended the meeting too. He understood that he had to attend this meeting because he wanted to confirm one thing with Kyle. 

"I'll fund all of the necessary resources."

Kyle didn't hesitate to answer the problem. Money was not important to him. He just recently woke up and he found that a lot of his friends died. As for Miriam, she was devastated by this tragedy, and she was staying with Lemar. 

She actually begged Kyle not to attend the meeting and send Hakase instead. However, Kyle knew that his presence was needed. Because he was the backbone of the Hunters. 

"Thank you, Sir Kyle."

Kyle nodded. To be honest, he was still suffering from the death that he experienced. He couldn't move his body well because his soul was adjusting, it would take perhaps a month before he could fight again. 

Some of the important figures were not in the meeting because they were busy fighting against the Demons, such as Yuuki Kouri and Jake Raynold. They prioritized leveling in this situation. 

"Then... Let's go to the real purpose of this meeting."

The leaders became serious and they all looked at Kyle, hoping that they have a chance. 

However, Kyle sighed and shook his head instead. They were hungry for power, especially after what they witnessed. They understood that Earth would die if they didn't do something. 

Their intentions were obvious, and it was shocking that even the demihumans were interested in the Hidden Dungeon. 

Kyle glanced at them. Actually, he didn't know who gave this information to them. What's more, they were bugging Kyle because he was the only one who could open the Hidden Dungeon. 

"Kyle, I don't know what's your opinion but I think we have the right to know this Hidden Dungeon."

Oliver stared at him, his eyes were quite dark. It was understandable because his secretary died when the Demon invaded. Oliver felt guilty about it. He didn't like the bad taste in his mouth, the fact that he let the people around him die. 

"I see, so it's Kim Soo-Woon, huh."

"Yes, he told me about it. And I decided to tell the others too."

Kyle realized that Kim Soo-Woon and Oliver didn't hide it. He was not a good liar anyway, so he might as well be honest. 

He thought about it and in the end, he decided that telling them about the Hidden Dungeon was the best choice. He opened his mouth and started talking about it. 

"First of all, Hidden Dungeon is not the usual Dungeons that you raid. It's a Dungeon that has powerful monsters, I don't know the exact reasons but you can't leave the place if you can't finish all of the tasks there. So, are you guys still sure that you wanted to enter that Dungeon?"

His voice was quite heavy. Draining his mana was bad but he knew that he was greatly needed right now. 

As for Oliver and the others, they nodded and they were ready to take the challenge. 

6