Chapter 366
302 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 366

Mikael stood up and his body slowly transformed into a bolt of lightning. He was thinking of changing a place to kill Demons. He already exterminated the Demons in this city. Sadly, the center of the city was already corrupted and it was poisonous to the mortals. Only Gods like Mikael Tibano could enter the place. 

Besides, Mikael wanted to kill Demons because he could forget his mourning whenever there was blood in his hands. Killing Demons could make him busy so that he would forget about Niña at least for some time. To be honest, he didn't know why he was not crying. This time he should be crying on his knees, screaming her name. 

Instead, Mikael became busy killing these pests. His heart became a hard stone. These Demons were quite strong, especially those who had the ranks of Dukes and Counts. Although they didn't have a chance against him. Mikael just massacres them, singlehandedly, he didn't use two of his hands. He just had Raijin and Raven beside him. 

Except that, everything is fine, or so Mikael strongly thought of. Even Raijin couldn't talk to him because Mikael was not speaking at all. He was just killing, then hunting Demons, then killing again. It was a frightening activity. Raijin didn't know how to stop him, because Mikael was already unstoppable. Raijin is just a spirit anyway, his destiny would always be connected to Mikael. 

On top of that, because of his hatred toward the Demons, Raijin became a rabid dog on the battlefield. His manifested silhouette would wreck the Demons, destroying them one by one. He was quite brutal and the Raijin knew it. Perhaps this was the reason why Raijin became Mikael's spirit because they were both hot-headed on the battlefield. 

They were ferocious. 

As for Raven, the blob gelatin would transform into different monsters depending on its opponents. Because Raven absorbed almost dozens of millions of souls, it started to gain the ability to think. 

It was funny that they became stronger, becoming unparalleled, yet there was still a hole deep in their hearts. Particularly for Mikael, he couldn't accept this reality. This was too brutal for him. 

He clenched his fists and closed his eyes. He almost vanished but before he could leave, another bolt of lightning flashed before him. 

"Mikael!!"

Furrneka growled as she appeared in front of him. She grabbed him, trying to stop him from leaving. She hugged her man, afraid that Mikael would disappear. It was already painful that she didn't see him for months, she didn't want to experience it anymore. 

She hugged him tightly as tears rolled down her eyes. She sobbed and tried to speak to him with her hoarse voice. 

"Mikael, please listen to me. It's not your fault, no one does. I don't want to see you like this. Please… Return to me. Don't leave me alone."

Her voice cracked as her vision became blurry. Mikael stopped his transformation and he returned to being a human. He looked down and he found that Furrneka was crying. His expression contorted, he was in pain. He understood that he hurt Furrneka. 

Mikael tried to raise his hand and stroke her head but he knew that he didn't have the right to do it. He was broken, he was afraid to destroy Furrneka too. 

While killing Demons these past few days, Mikael realized that his life is a curse. People around him would be hurt one way or another. He felt that every bad thing that happened to his friends and family was because of him, him being alive. It sounds stupid, but for Mikael who was depressed and disorganized, he would believe everything.  

"… I'm sorry. I failed you. I failed everyone."

That was the only thing he could say because he didn't know what to do. He pushed Furrneka away and the woman was stunned. Her expression from sadness to shock was obvious. Tears were further shed. 

"No!! You didn't fail! You're alive, and I'm happy that you're alive. Don't you know how many times I cried thinking that I'll never see you again?"

"..."

She closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. As expected, she lost. 

However, Furrneka was not the type who easily lose hope. She would stop Mikael, no matter what. 

"I'm sorry Furrneka, but I have to leave."

"No, no one is allowed to leave!"

Furrneka roared and punched him. Mikael was knocked, but he didn't feel the pain at all. The pain in his heart was much more severe than any physical pain. 

"I hate you!!"

Furrneka pounced on him. Pushing him down on the mountain of dead bodies. Mikael didn't fight at all, he already lost his strength to do that. Besides, he could never hurt Furrneka, he was not that pathetic.

Furrneka pinned him down, her tears landed on his face. Yet Mikael's expression didn't change much except for the slight tremble in his eyes. Furrneka raised her fist and punched him. Not once, not twice, Furrneka didn't stop until her fists bled so much. 

"... Why, why did you do this to me...?"

Furrneka understood that no words would enter Mikael's mind, so she decided to go physical and beat him instead.

She was panting hard. When her punching was over, she rest her head on his chest, pleading Mikael to stop.

"Please, Mikael... It hurts me to see you like this. I know that you are hurt because of what happened to Niña, but there are people worried about you. Klein, grandpa, and all of your friends, they care for you. And me, I love you. Please return to us, return to me."

Her voice was trembling and she couldn't speak well. Yet her emotions were so vivid that Mikael couldn't help but close his eyes. He knew he was acting like a pathetic person, but he couldn't help it. After what happened... 

He did this to protect his family. He entered the Hidden Dungeon to get stronger, he did all of this for them. However, when he came back, he realized that everything he worked for was invalid. He couldn't protect Niña, he failed again. Just like how he failed to protect his parents, his grandparents, and now Niña. 

Mikael was already tired. He was tired of everything. He became God, but at what cost? He closed his eyes as Furrneka cried on top of him.

He wanted to comfort her, but he couldn't comfort himself in the first place. 

6