Chapter 370
273 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 370

November 2030.

Nothing changed, the world was still covered with darkness. The Demon invasion slightly subsided but it did not bring anything good. The spawning of the Demons decreased but it was not that satisfactory news. Because millions of Demons already set their feet on the Earth and they continued spreading corruption.

Thankfully, with the help of every demihuman and Hunter, they managed to minimize their advances. Kyle and the other leaders commanded the battle competently. Even the ordinary citizens were helping too, they distributed the Runic Weapons and ordinary people could use them with no problem. 

Because of this, Demons were forced to stay still and wait for the next command from their masters. 

Kyle's fast reaction, the cure, and the Runic Weapons, their chances of winning slightly increased, but it was not enough. Demonic spawning was almost endless. 

"… So you want a truce? No, you're saying that you want a contract?"

Kyle asked, releasing his aura, that the atmosphere became suffocating. Even Hakase and William who survived the ordeal against the Demons were terrified. They realized a lot of things now that Kyle was completely cured from the corruption. 

Kyle was more dangerous because he could control his emotions much better. Despite that, Kyle's hatred towards the enemies was still firm and enormous. 

Before him, dozens of people were kneeling and asking for his approval. They were the Dukes of the Methuselahs, and next to them were the Duchess of the Succubus. Elizabeth killed a lot of Succubus but it didn't mean that all of them died. Some of them successfully escaped but they were still in danger. 

Thus, the Succubus contacted the Methuselahs and asked for refuge. Yet even the Methuselahs were in turmoil. Because they were facing problems too. The Methuselahs were discriminated against by humans and other species. Even though the sky was already covered with darkness and they could move freely again, they were still in danger because of the current war. 

The Methuselahs and Succubus felt that they need to choose a side. Usually, they would choose the Demon side because they had a connection with them. However, because of their Queen, they understood that they could never side with the Demons again. Their Queen might be in peril. She might die and that was the last thing that they wanted to do. 

Lilith created the Methuselahs and Succubus, with utmost loyalty to her. So they would never betray her, that command was written in their minds. In a way, they were living puppets. 

As of right now, they were begging Kyle, the person who had the most influence to accept them. They understood that he was the best person to talk to. 

"We swear that we will give our best to satisfy you're--"

"Hah!"

Kyle scoffed. It was kind of funny that these creatures who killed millions of people were asking him to accept them. On top of that, they dared to ask for a contract.

"You're saying that I will open the door of the Hidden Dungeon so that you can meet your Queen? Do I look stupid to you?"

Kyle didn't have much information about Lilith. But he knew that Lilith had a connection to the Succubus, she could die and revive using them. If he let these people enter the Hidden Dungeon, perhaps another problem may arise. 

"Do you know that nothing will change even if Methuselahs and Succubus died? Because you guys are not part of the variables."

They didn't know what he was talking about but they felt the chills. 

In the past, the Methuselahs and Succubus didn't have any important role because their loyalty was only to their Queen. So they didn't help the Earth against the Demons. Besides, because Methuselahs and Succubus were related to Demons, they were not affected by the corruption. So Kyle had some problems with them. The only reason why he didn't kill all of them was because of the contract between Lilith and the Protector. 

"You are bound on this planet, but it doesn't mean that you are willing to fight for it. After all, even if the Earth is completely corrupted, you can still live."

Kyle stated that fact and they were trying to hide. No one knows that they were immune to corruption, yet Kyle knew it. No Methuselah or Succubus would easily say this information even if they were tortured, they had strong loyalty to the Queen. They would rather die than tell one piece of information that may affect their Queen. 

They might hide their emotions well but Kyle could still read them.

Kyle smirked and the Methuselahs and Succubus trembled, even Hakase and William were frightened. He was tapping his fingers, thinking about this situation. 

"I will accept it. Let's have a contract."

"Leader!"

Hakase tried to talk but he immediately shut his mouth when he saw Kyle's expression. It was too cold. 

Kyle glanced at them, these were the leaders of the two species. They were in a weak state right now, but Kyle could use them to his advantage.

"I will sign a blood contract, but I have my proposal too. I will only let you see Lilith once we defeated the Demons and closed the portals."

It may take a year or a decade, but Kyle was determined to do so. He won't easily let these people see their God, Kyle would use them thoroughly first. 

"And, if I found out that you betrayed me, us, humanity. I have some friends who can talk(beat) to your God."

They were confused but they got the energy. 

Kyle could ask Mikael and Kim Soo-Woon to teach Lilith some lessons.  

"So if you betrayed me, you will never see your God even if you entered the Hidden Dungeon."

He confidently said it, because, at that time, Lilith might already be dead. The Protector would lose her power but new people would show up to finish the job. Mikael and Kim Soo-Woon are enough to kill the weakened Lilith. 

' Although I'm not sure about Mikael anymore... It seemed like he's still suffering, it will take a while for him to move on.'

8