Chapter 518
87 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 518

They both understand that this would be the last time. The two used their strongest Skill to eradicate each other. 

Mikael's lightning was strong. It had a paralyzing effect and it could penetrate any type of barrier. Furthermore, after the Spear acquired the Hrunting, the Lightning Void Spear could destroy the reality around and kill the opponents. It was the ability to do the impossible.

Mikael's weapon was already overpowered but he was overpowered too. The anger he gets, the stronger his physical strength gets. He swung his weapon with all of his strength. Veins appeared on his skin and he roared. 

His full power could destroy the whole place. 

However, his opponent was a Demon Lord who lived for billions of years. Belphegor's experience was vast and even Mikael was not confident in winning a head-on clash. 

Belphegor already knew every Skill that Mikael had. Mikael didn't have any secrets anymore. All he could do was fight him to death. 

"Aaaaahhhh!!"

Just as he expected, Belphegor roared and his body was shrouded with dark energy. This energy shot forth toward Mikael and ate him.

"Kuck--!!"

Mikael grunted. He realized that his arms were broken. His bones shattered and he felt that his limbs were turning jelly. 

However, this obstruction didn't stop him. Mikael released all of his power. Using the ability of Hrunting-- the sword that never fails. Black lightning sprouted out of him and clashed against the energy that was sipping out his energy. 

The reality shattered for a millisecond and Belphegor's energy attack disintegrated as if it was erased from reality. 

"Don't fool me! I know that you are forcing yourself right now!"

Indeed, using this ability was exhausting and Mikael already reached his limit. He fought countless Demons earlier and it was impossible to not get tired. 

Still, his determination to kill Belphegor was stronger than his exhaustion. 

"Die!"

Belphegor faced him and a shockwave hit Mikael to stop him from advancing. 

"I will kill you here--!'

Mikael never stopped despite losing a great amount of energy. 

Everything happened fast. Mikael reached Belphegor, his body was already bleeding and injured. Yet his eyes were glowing as he activated his ability.

"Lord of Lightning! Lightning Spear!"

In that very tiny moment, Mikael transcended the Gods and reached a higher realm. 

.........

......

...

On the other side of the Underworld, Raijin was roaring as he fended off the attacks that were flying at him. 

He deflected them by releasing lightning. Despite having grave injuries, the giant white tiger never feared the enemies. 

"Roar--!"

Raijin's grudge was impossible to erase unless all of the Demons died. He was not doing this solely for revenge on his home planet. 

He was fighting for the future. If the Demons won this battle, then the whole universe would face destruction. 

These creatures were heartless and they didn't care about lives, all they wanted was destruction. They want to see the world burn, quite literally. 

"Graahh--!!"

Raijin roared and tore the closest Demon next to him. 

However, a sharp blade struck his face and his left eye was sliced deeply. Raijin roared in pain but he returned the greeting by charging into the culprit. 

His sharp fangs devoured the Demon and crushed him in his mouth. 

Unfortunately, seconds passed and Raijin was gradually surrounded by Demons. Their attacks were fierce and even a Legendary Creature like Raijin winced. 

His situation was dangerous. 

Suddenly, he recalled that time before he died. Just like now, he died being surrounded by Demons too. 

If not for Mikael who had the authority over Lightning and created a connection with his lost soul, Raijin would never gain his physical body. 

And right now, he was destroying his body, experiencing the exact situation before he died. 

He never regretted it. Raijin was doing this for the future of mankind. He already lost his people, but he had to protect his new family. 

But the Demons didn't care about his mission and they excitedly hurt him. They focused on his hind legs and feet so that he would lose mobility. The Demons were having fun while chipping his life. 

The Demons successfully penetrated his tough skin and they were killing him.

"Grrr..."

Raijin lost his strength and all he could do was a growl. The light in his remaining eye showed that he was not afraid of death and he was still not defeated. The only way to stop him was by killing him. 

A few Demons got closer to his face and their lives ended when Raijin bite half of their bodies. 

"Kill this dog!"

For a tiger like Raijin, it was humiliating to be compared to dogs. Yet he was already tired. 

Raijin's remaining eye slowly closed as he suffered more injuries. 

Then, the final nail hit the coffin and someone successfully stabbed his heart with a Skill.

Blood escaped his mouth.

But before he died, Raijin smiled when he saw black lightning manifesting farther away. 

'He did it...'

Raijin felt joy for the last time. 

"What is happening!?"

"Everybody, protect yourself!"

The explosion was so strong that it reached their location. The Demons prepared for the turbulence but they clearly underestimated the explosion brought by the lightning. 

One by one, the Demons turned to ashes as the hell-like heat struck them. Most of them failed to survive the explosion. 

Then, a second later, a mushroom-like cloud sprouted from the ground. Everyone witnessed it because the cloud was too big. 

Even the Demons who survived the ordeal were suffering. They screamed and grunted as most of their bodies were suffering from injuries. The lightning shocked them and it was painful as hell. 

Everyone realized that their existence was nothing against absolute power... 

3