Chapter 1.1: She’s Talking to me
185 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As always, she attracts the attention of both boys and girls. Good grades always at the top of class and also athletic, a person who is at the top of the school hierarchy. Yozora Mizuki, popular and is the school idol. Many had tried to confess to her but failed miserably, I feel bad for those guys.

Yūtsu Takehiko is my name, I'm not athletic and just average at school grades. I'm a "mob", in other words I am what you call a background character...or that should have been the case...

"Hello there, Yūtsu-kun", she said as she smiles brightly.

Confused as to why she's greeting me, I replied back " H-hello, Yozora-san. As I replied nervously, I saw Yozora-san kept smiling while looking at me as if she was waiting for me to say something. I just nodded to Yozora-san as I felt more uncomfortable at that moment, and left the school, leaving her alone behind.

The next morning as I walk early into the school there I see Yozora-san standing in the front gate. "Is she waiting for someone?" I thought to myself. The moment I get to the gate...

"Good morning.", Yozora-san said in a very cheerful voice.

I looked behind to see who she was talking to but no one was there, "Is she perhaps talking t-to me?!" I screamed in my mind, should I greet her back?? "U-uhm..." I couldn't decide in time so I just kept on walking as I don't know how to process what's happening. "I hope it wasn't me Yozora-san was talking to, it would turn awkward if it really was me :'((" I said to my(pathetic)self. I went into the classroom like any other day and sat on my chair, not a minute passed by and Yozora-san went inside the classroom as well...looking kind of angry and upset at the same time "(gasps) Is it about a while ago in the gate?" I muttered to myself.

"She's coming this way?! Oh no, Am I gonna be yelled at? I don't want any trouble?! She's here?! E-Eek?! H-huh?"

Yozora-san was standing there in front of me, she looked as if she would be crying at any moment. I do not know what to do in this very situation and the way this is happening it is already gathering up unwanted audiences in the very classroom. The stares of my classmates were very uncomfortable and unbearing to feel. At that moment Yozora-san spoke to me.

"Why didn't you greet me back?"

I am pondering how I should answer Yozora-san's question. In my mind I'm panicking at how I should reply.

'Is she angry at me? Was I too rude? How can I answer her?'

I kept on pondering these things in my head when Yozora-san spoked again.

"Do you hate me?"

Tears began flowing out of Yozora-san's eyes while she said that to me.

"YUTSU!? YOU BASTARD, WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR SCHOOL IDOL, YOZORA MIZUKI-SAMA!?"

"YUTSU!? EXPLAIN TO US THIS INSTANT!?"

Everyone started yelling and questioning me when they heard and saw Yozora-san cry. The situation ended as bell rang for first period. The teacher had told the students to go back to their own seats.

"We will get back on you for this later, Yūtsu. Don't you dare run away."

Said the one guy that yelled first. I'm mortified and don't know what to do as I've possibly made an unwanted enemies.

'Will I be okay?'

I think so to myself.

7