CHAPTER ONE
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever seen the sky clear even to a point the moon was lost in it, well today was much like those rare days, even the breeze was much cooler igniting goosebumps. Alvarez Salvador, one of the best detective in Sephora falls was on a case much different from anything he'd witnessed. It came as a shock to everyone present at Fernandez's mansion who were there for the memorial of Late Neville Fernandez who died five years ago from food poisoning up until now the case is still left unsolved and today wasn't any different as Miss Eleanor Fernandez was found dead. Alvarez stood beside his car with cigarette in his hand, you could by he's face that he hasn't slept for three days straight as he loves his job yet he won't deny it was stressful.

When Alvarez was done smoking he got inside his car to try review the statement given by the family members and visitors. Hours gone quickly still Alvarez was unable to put the pieces together, he decided to get a quick nap, upon closing his eyes he got a call Alvarez groaned pick up the call, "Good evening chief" he greeted sluggishly while trying to shake off the sleep which clouded his eyes. The voice that came in next gave him the great awakening "Detective Alvarez!!! I need an update".

"Yes sir am on my way to the office"

" You don't have to come down here as of now the head quarters aren't happy by the look of things and the press are making matters worse by bringing different theories relating to the case, what I need right now is good news so tell me"

"Chief am sorry but things aren't looking good here either, am currently waiting for the autopsy result from the lab"

"The statement?!"

"They all aren't helping either, I checked the CCTV footage but was told the camera was down during that time, it's sounds suspicious and given the fact that it was well planned out"

There was a long silence between them before the chief replied, " It's best to speak to Xavier he had a case with them five years ago", he hung the call a little disappointed.

Alvarez covered his face with his palms, his mind was racing as he dialed Xavier's number, they had a short talk as Alvarez was able to book an appointment with him this evening, luckily enough Xavier was closed by and they both agreed to meet at a coffee shop.

Before Alvarez, Xavier Ramirez was rated as the best detective in Sephora Falls but now things where a lot different. Alvarez walked into the coffee shop, his eyes were skimming through everyone present he was looking for Xavier, immediately he saw him waving he walked towards and took a seat opposite him.

"You wished to see me about a case five years ago about the Fernandez right" he took a sip from his coffee and relaxed on his chair with arms folded. "Well I guess even the one who would've cast away might be useful after all"

"Sir, I hope you will be willing to help, so I'll be straight to the point with you....."

"Hang on, I lost my job remember so it hasn't been easy getting pass everyday, so pay me and I'll give you the info you very much need"

"Xavier!!!" His voice echoed throughout the room. "I respect you so much and I won't want to lose that respect for you"

Xavier rolled his eyes. "I see the job has already stressed you out" he dropped his hands on the table letting it make a sound, sighs, "You know you should drop that case while your dignity is still intact or you'll end up like me"

"Right now am more worried about a suspect roaming free than my dignity, so tell me about the case and stop beating around the bush".

"Okay then, start recording" drank his coffee, "You're paying for this" he said before continuing. "To be sincere all of them deserve to go to jail but due to lack of evidence someone else got blamed for it, here are some of proof you might need, am doing this cause of her I know it's five years already and it won't make any difference since she went to jail for a crime she didn't commit".

"Who was that?" Alvarez asked

"Lucia Fernandez, Late Mr Neville Fernandez wife don't tell me you didn't know"

"I guess she must be the missing piece I couldn't find, where can I find her?"

"I know you'll ask that, she got released recently as one of the good in mates by the order of the governor, that's all I can say, review the document I gave you it's might help" Xavier bit his lips really hard before saying "Alvarez if I give you her location promise me you'll bring justice"

"It's depends on if she was involved or not, I can't lay down promises from spoken words I need proof she didn't do it otherwise she remains a prime suspect and a threat to the Fernandez"

"I knew that you weren't to be trusted you are just like all of them, if you were to find a way to meet her don't you dare ruin her life now that she is trying to pick up the broken pieces especially rebuilding it with her four years old daughter" Xavier bit his lips again noticing how he is spilling to much he decided to leave. 

"Have a pleasant day Alvarez" Quickly drank what's left of his coffee, picked up his brief case and left. Immediately Alvarez started looking into the document Xavier gave him, he stared at it for an hour before the beeping sound from phone got his attention. It was a notification stating he should come to the lab for the autopsy result. Alvarez drove to the lab he was told that she was intoxicated and had actually died seventeen hours before her body was found but the question was how would she be missing and not one of her family member checked up on her.

1