Chapter-3. Questions and Outcome
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clemencia traced the bold letters that were carved on a gold plate, and lip synched the words again and again. 

‘Elijah Nephus de Chester', her brother’s name. 

She was still in Elijah's office; he was working and she just sat there lost in her mind, thinking about almost everything. 

In her past life, a lot of things had happened after she turned eighteen. 

It all started with the betrayal of the most trusted high officials but the strange thing was, a betrayal is not known publicly usually as it would be a disadvantage for the preparator by not gaining public opinion and sympathy but this was known by almost everyone in the kingdom, even the commoners. 

But they were just puppets working under someone or worst as if compelled by someone. But the latter would be more absurd and dangerous. Everyone was suspicious, not even a low noble can be left out who worked in the palace. 

Valentina was betrayed numerous times and received a lot of threats and mockery because of her being a woman and ruling the kingdom instead of passing it down to her son, the crown prince. Not that this betrayal was any different from the others, it didn’t affect her at all but what changed that time? 

Clemencia knew that her mother was powerful, too powerful. To the point where one didn’t even dare to look in to her eyes and defy her, so there must be something or someone much stronger than her. 

‘was she blackmailed? But by who? And by what? Who is so strong to challenge mother in the worst possible way that led her to death?’, Clemencia was deep in her thoughts and suddenly looked up to Elijah's face. 

“can I ask you something?”, Clemencia asked like she knew her brother must know the answers to her questions. 

“go ahead", Elijah said while turning the page of the papers in his hands  

who's the most powerful in our kingdom? Is there someone more powerful than mother?", she asked carefully choosing her words to not to make Elijah feel weird or suspicious. 

Elijah raised his one eyebrow at the unexpected question thrown at him, he was amused as to why a 13-year-old wanted to know something about power. 

no, not in this continent.", he answered giving her his attention. 

Clemencia expected that answer which made her question everything more. 

“then is there anyone in this world who is powerful enough to hurt her?”, Clemencia asked again; this time with calculating eyes. 

Elijah lifted his eyes towards Clemencia's direction and tilted his head to the side making his hair flutter to the side, his eyes which were void of any emotion were shining under the sunlight with a little curiosity. 

“Zephyr Reuben Dominic Elias, the ruler of the northern and eastern continent. He's the only one but will not because he doesn’t interfere with people unless they provoke him. And there were these other two, but it’s in the past now.” 

Clemencia ruled out the first for now because she hadn’t heard this name anywhere in the past but was still cautious. The latter caught her eyes and she asked “who were the other two?” 

“king Italus whose head was gifted to our father by mother on his death, which I'm sure you know about it.", Elijah said it in a little joking manner with his eyes squinting a little while he sat on his table and got engrossed in the talk with his sister. 

Clemencia snickered, she relaxed a bit and sat back comfortably on her chair. 

It looked like they were talking about every day's weather. 

If a normal person heard their conversation, then they would have run for the hills already but they were Valentina’s children after all who took pride in everything she did. 

“he deserved it, and what about the second one?”, Clemencia continued. 

Elijah's face darkened a little, the room’s temperature dropping even under the strong sun. 

Amartolos, the organization of sinners", he spat out. 

Clemencia noticed his mood and stopped right there. She didn’t want to ask something he didn’t liked. 

“I see, thank you. One more thing.”, Clemencia tried to change the topic. 

Elijah laughed a little at the scene where a child was being considerate of his feelings and was changing the topic. “yes?” 

“this is a request actually. Can you teach me everything about politics, swordsmanship and people in the castle?”, Clemencia looked nervously at him, fiddling her fingers together in anticipation of the upcoming rejection and question as she asked something out of her boundaries. 

But Elijah was rather curious why a child’s eyes looked like they were running out of time and desperate for something a thirteen-year-old wouldn't be interested in. 

I want power, if that’s what you’re wondering.” Clemencia quickly replied before Elijah could even present his curiosity. 

He was amused to the very end of this conversation and his lips twitched upwards with the way she was lying but telling the truth at the same time. 

Elijah took a hold of the pen holder on his table and rolled it in his hands, “okay, we can do that every time we meet. The fourth day.", he answered back which both of them didn’t expected. 

Clemencia beamed at his answered and jumped down the chair, she hugged him and thanked him. 

Elijah was surprised at the displayed affection and amused that she couldn’t even reach his chest properly. He patted her head. 

A knock on his door broke their little moment together, the head butler came in and bowed his head. 

He was dressed in a black tailored suit with his hands at prefect ninety-degree angle holding a towel in his arms. 

“the empress is asking for an audience with prince, milord”, he said in a stoic voice, his eyes darted towards Clemencia and bowed again. 

“yes, I'll join in few minutes", Elijah replied and turned towards Clemencia. 

I'll be going to meet mother, do you want to come with me?", he asked. 

Clemencia’s eyes widen in surprise and she got flustered. Clemencia never met her mother in a meeting room, let alone be with hundreds of people present in there. 

“nothing will happen, I'll be by your side.”, Elijah assured her when he saw her getting nervous. 

“and didn’t you wanted to know about politics? This could be your first step.’, Elijah tried to convince her, and Clemencia too thought if she wants to changer her future than she’ll have to overcome her social anxiety. 

Clemencia nodded her head and went out with Elijah to the meeting hall where her mother was. 

She kept glancing at Elijah as if looking for an escape but Elijah kept his head straight until they stopped before the hall’s gate. He looked down at Clemencia without any expression and gave her his hands. Clemencia gratefully took held his fingers with her little ones and the servants opened the door for them. 

Clemencia’s mind at the sight of people and couldn’t think anything else besides chaos. 

-------*-------

author's corner:-

I really appreciate the love you guys have shown me after the release.

and do comment down your favorite characters till now!!!

mine is Valentina, because why not??!

there are going to be more intense scenes of her, wait till tomorrow.

~xoxo~

 

-Giselle

1