Chapter 02 – Summoning
560 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivan opened his eyes, however the darkness and bright flashes of flames did nothing to aid his sight.

"I, Solom Fetch, summon you from beyond the bounds of my world. Heed my call and manifest yourself!"

The torches lit up and a figure appeared in a glowing circle, filled with mysterious runes and flashes of sparks.

...

Solom looked on as a figure gradually appeared amidst the flaming winds within the summoning circle.

A humanoid figure wearing strange clothes gazed at Solom who felt an instinctive urge to flee immediately.

"I, Solom, welcome you to the Twilight World! I wish to make a contract with you!" Amidst the shivering, Solom managed to get his intentions across.

...

System? Is there something I'm supposed to do? Like some demony speech or something?

"User has yet to Awaken, so demonic features are not displayed. Complete the Contract to Return, or act against the Contract to be banished."

Okay, I think I understand. I just need to act like a demon. Should I start demanding him to offer up blood?

"My Lord, I wish to make a contract with you. Please!" Hearing Solom cry out desperately, Ivan sighed and spoke.

"I will listen to your problem, however I can't say I can fix it." Hearing Ivan speak, the man started to tear up.

"My Lord, my daughter was taken by the Prince of the Ice Kingdom! The guards beat me half to death and left along with the Prince to his castle! Please save my daughter!" Seeing Solom cry desperately, Ivan felt a bit of sympathy for the man.

System, I'm out of ideas. I don't know anything about fighting, and I don't have any abilities that I know of, how am I going to complete the Contract like this?

"User may take a loan from the System Shop. Borrowing the prowess of a Rank 1 Demon would be enough to save the woman."

It appears he can't hear the System, and great idea System, I'll just borrow from you when I have no idea how demon currency works! Can I use money?

Ivan only had a bit of money, however he didn't mind using it to save Solom's daughter to complete his contract.

"User can borrow the powers of a Rank 1 Demon for 500 Infernal Coins. If you agree, please form a binding contrast with the System."

Fine. I, Ivan Reed, do swear to uphold the Contract as stated. In return for Rank 1 Strength, I owe the System 250 Infernal Coins.

The minute the last word faded from his head, a glowing red chain appeared within his mind.

"That is the Contract binding User's very soul. Be careful who User enter into contracts with. Failure to fulfill the Contract will result in your expulsion from Earth."

As he was about to speak, he felt a wild unstoppable force surge through his body.

"User is now at the Rank 1 Middle Phase. Time until buff fails; 4:59:59."

Solom felt a chaotic aura surge and when he looked at the Demon, he first noticed it's faintly glowing gray eyes.

"I wish to form a contract. In return for rescuing my daughter, I will be your most loyal servant!" The man got on to his knees and bowed, nearly scrap g his face on the floor.

Ivan went to help the man up, however the summoning circle's magic kept him from leaving the circle.

"Very well, I accept this condition." Ivan said and the old man looked up, his face full of anticipation and hope.

A chain agglomerated out of nothingness and shackled both Ivan's and the old man's body.

As soon as the chains faded, the smoking circle dimmed. The old man didn't wait to check to see if Ivan followed him or not, he just kept marching ahead.

...

I freaking hate bugs! If it wasn't for the Contract, I'd have left this cursed place! The mosquitoes are bigger than I've ever seen them!

Ivan didn't find it weird that this world had mosquitos as he knew that you couldn't just get rid of an annoying pest like mosquitoes.

"My Lord, the horses went this way, in another half an hour, we'll probably catch up to the carriage!"

Solom said nothing other than his findings about the situation at hand, and Ivan got the feeling Solom didn't quite trust him despite there being a Contract.

The tall trees blocked the moonlight from shining down at the duo, however apparently being a Rank 1 Demon gave some sort of absolute night vision.

Everything was clear and detailed, leaving Ivan with a clear sight up to several tens of meters away.

How his mind compensated for such detail, he didn't know. After another fifteen minutes, the smell of something strange made him pause, however he soon realized it was the scent of something burning.

"My Lord, that's the Prince and his men! Look, my daughter is there as well!" Looking at the small clearing where soldiers stood around while a youth munched away on some smoked meat.

System, are you certain I can do this? I mean, I don't even know how to fight properly!

"System is never wrong..."

Jeez...

12