Chapter 1. Vampire System
201 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You aren't good enough for me..." Kaden felt as if someone had smashed him with a truck!

"How can you say that? I loved you and didn't even think to cheat! Now that you got caught, you say I'm not good enough for you?" Kaden yelled in anger while the beautiful girl looked at him in contempt and some other emotion.

"You were just a fling until I found someone who deserves me, okay? Put the thought of us being together out of your head!" 

"Oh I will. If I had known you were like this, I'd have just ignored you." Kaden said as he tried to keep his face emotionless.

Seeing the look of loathing Kaden gave her, Melissa left after sending Kaden a disdainful look.

Kaden shut the door behind her and slumped down with a calm expression on his face.

'This is what I get for being foolish enough to open myself up to someone.' Kaden wiped away the single tear that trailed down his cheek.

'Damn, and I bet Logan is delighted now that he finally got her.' Logan was a rich young master of some wealthy family while Kaden could only be said to be a slightly below average college student.

The disparity was obvious. Why would Melissa. Stay with someone who had nothing? 

Kaden's fingernails dug into his palms and a bit of blood welled up, making him look down at the glaringly bright red liquid trailing down his hands.

With a self mocking smile, Kaden dabbed hai finger into the trail and licked the blood away from his hands.

[Authorizing System Existence...]

[Vampire System has been authorized...]

'What? A system? Is that why I can see a game screen in front of my eyes?'

[Vampire System booting...]

'But a vampire system? I read enough webnovels to know what vampires and systems are, but what kind of vampire will I become?'

'I hope it isn't some pale monstrous thing.' Kaden said as he slowly got to his feet and grabbed his phone from the counter.

He typed in his password and immediately googled vampires. Lots of information popped up, and while waiting for the System to boot up, he read about the lore of vampires.

'So will I become immortal? Or will I just devolve into some blood sucking fiend? I don't want to turn into some monster.'

Kaden staggered back until he hit the wall and then crouched down with a pensive look.

'According to the Lore, vampires get remodeled or something when they change so they become more appealing. Will that happen for me or?'

Kaden didn't have to wait long as the System finally chimed again.

[Vampires are ancient creatures that feed on blood. Vampires are altered when they go through Turning, and become better suited to be predators. Make no mistake, despite how beautiful vampires may seem, vampires are an intelligent predatory species.]

[Would Host like to bind system to yourself?]

Kaden looked at the notices above and then squinted as he thought about his situation.

'I don't really have anything going for me, and being a vampire doesn't sound half bad. At least I'd get to be interesting...' Kaden smiled faintly and recalled Melissa's look of contempt.

'If I were a vampire, I wouldn't be looked at with disdain or contempt! Fine, I'll become a vampire, I just want to have lots of fun.'

[Host has decided. Host has accepted the Vampire System. Please stand by for a moment...]

Kaden got up and stretched before heading to his small living room and dragging a chair into the sun.

'Better enjoy the final moments of being in the sun.' Kaden sat in the chair until he started to sweat.

[System Binding Complete... Host will be turned. Please find a safe place so that you may Turn.]

The system jolted Kaden out of his brief daze and he wondered if he should have agreed at all.

'I might be making a choice that put a many in danger, but I don't want to be ordinary anymore.'

He got up and headed to his bathroom. Inside, he stripped down to his boxers and looked at his face.

Brown messy hair framed his dull brown eyes. Acne and a few gulps made his rather ugly at the moment.

With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and entered the tub. After settling in to a good position, he relaxed.

[Turning will commence in 1 Minute.]

The text floated and started to countdown, and a feeling of anxiety overtook him for a few seconds.

He felt as if he couldn't get enough air, however the System chimed again.

[Host has to calm down. You have less than thirty seconds to abort. After you Turn, there's no way back.]

'Should I do this? I might become a monster! I can end it all here and still continue as a normal human...'

[5]

[4]

A flash of memories rushed to the forefront of his mind and he saw people looking at him with disdain.

[3]

'I've decided.'

[2]

'I...'

[1]

'I want to be a vampire.'

[0]

[Timer has expired. Beginning the Turning...]

Kaden felt a pulse surge through his body and then he fell unconscious a few moments later.

6