053
258 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I should tell you another thing, huh? Well, it seems only right I tell you this, but don't think to badly of me, alright?

There was this one Doctor. His name was Park. He was actually very very different. I didn't hate him like the rest. He didn't treat me like a filthy animal who is good for nothing except for running tests on. I remember he walked up to me calmly that one day. He had a light brown fade and a long brown beard. Covering his green eyes were horn-rimmed glasses. When he spoke, he had a British accent. "How's your day so far?," he asked me. "Meh. Not bad. Except for knowing that I share a building with thousands of creatures that can kill me at any given time if they were presented the chance." He smiled, but not out of humor. It was a sad smile. "I wish I could tell you what the rest of the staff here tell you: You can change all of that. But I won't. Because that would be a shameful lie. Why you're here is because the staff fear you. I am sorry that I cannot get into depth with that though." I just stared. There was no way that he could possibly understand every single thing that has ever crossed my mind. "Okay. I need you to do something for me, alright? There's a girl in there. She will not hurt you at all. And I need you not to hurt her also. Can you do that?" I nodded.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what happened after that except that I went into the cell and sat there for a few minutes. She wouldn't talk to me at all, but when I asked if she was alright, her eyes met mine, and I felt angry. I wanted to kill her. So I kicked her head into the cell wall, and she collapsed, unconscious or dead. I realized what I had done and would have cursed myself, if I had not died suddenly, a sharp stabbing pain exploding in my chest.

When I woke up, I was confused. I had pondered what had happened for awhile, until Park showed up at my cell, opened the door, and sat on my bed next to me. He sighed. "I'm extremely disappointed in you," he said. "You are a unique and smart young man. I thought you would be able to resist attacking that girl. However, if you feel bad about what you have done, don't. She is able to regenerate any damage done to her physical body in a matter of minutes. And of course you died. Any person or thing that attacks her will suffer a heart attack shortly after. But I must go now. Until next time, sir." He walked out, but I called out to him. "Doc?" He turned around. "You said I'm a young man. How exactly old am I?," I asked him. "I am afraid I cannot answer that question. I assure you it is better that way." Then, he walked off.

I would see him several times after that. And we developed a kind of friendship. That is why I still can't move on from the breach...

10