Chapter 4, part 7
510 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sight of Misha fidgeting restlessly actually perplexed him, but considering he has his own business, Sigulf decided just to pass by and greet.

“Ah…”

“Yo.”

Sigulf didn’t say anymore and entered the restroom, thinking it was nothing big.

…only to see that Misha is still there at the same spot when he exited.

“…err, you okay?”

“Eh!? A, ah, um, I’m fine… Don’t worry…!”

‘Doesn’t look like that to me, but…’

“Oh, Hrimgard-kun, Smirnov-san, what’s the matter?”

Minato’s voice made them shift their attention.

“I want to know too.” Sigulf shrugged. “You?”

“I forgot something so I have to run back here.” He explained.

“Hmm…”

“Uu…!”

“Smirnov-san!? Is something wrong?”

Sigulf tried to have a better look at the white-haired student.

“…what, so you wanted to pee all this time? Toilet’s right front of you.”

“Th, this is…!”

“Or… Is there any reason you can’t enter the restroom?”

“Eep…!”

“Eh? What are you—“

“I, I’m sorry! Please don’t tell anyone!” Misha finally blurted before running in.

“Ah…”

“Smirnov-san!? Wait, but that’s the men’s…!”

Minato gave chase, while Sigulf opted to stand by and watch.

“Kyaaaaaah!?”

“Eh, what happ— EEEEEEEEEH!?”

“I’m not surprised…” Sigulf muttered to himself.

“Shit, I almost forgot!” Mei cursed, showed up running to the scene. “Was that Misha just now?”

“Uh-huh.”

“…damn. Who’s the other one?”

“Amakawa.”

“…figures.”

———

Not long after, both of them finally appeared from inside, with Misha sobbing and Minato looks extremely remorseful.

“Please don’t cry…”

“So I guess our teachers already know that he’s a guy.” Sigulf commented.

“Misha is the pet form of Mikhail after all.” Mei added. “You don’t seem surprised though.”

“A bit actually, but then again, I have my suspicions.”

“I see…”

“How about yours?”

“Actually most of us already know.”

“Hm? Wait, then what’s the problem?”

“Look, just because they all know, doesn’t mean it’s not embarrassing for him. Our guys were considerate enough not to share the restroom with him, and we always make sure no one else is around when he has to use it.” She explained. “…well, except I forgot this time.”

“Err, I don’t really get it, but okay…?”

“Uuu…” Misha continues to cry.

“Misha… Please stop crying…”

“But… But it was so embarrassing… To be seen like that… Peeing while standing and wearing girls’ clothes…”

“S, Smirnov-san…”

‘…I’d rather say nothing here, or else, a landmine will explode.’ Sigulf mentally commented.

“I’m really sorry!” Minato continued, while bowing deeply. “Please let me make up for it! I… I’ll take responsibility!”

There was an awkward silence.

“”…what?””

Even Minato realized what the implication was.

“W, wait! No, no, no, that wasn’t what I meant!” he quickly corrected, getting red in the process. “I’m not sure if this will be enough, but… If you have problems, then just ask me about anything.”

‘…how is that supposed to solve stuff?’

“R, really?” Misha calmed down a bit. “Anything?”

“Yes, have my word on it.”

“Then… Would you protect me?”

“Eh? I don’t mind, but from what?”

“Bullies?” Mei tried to explain. “I mean, being a crossdresser and all… And he might be able to fight 1 on 1, but bullies tend to gang up, so…”

“Oh, I get what you are saying. Then leave it to me! …though, hopefully our guys will be understanding enough.”

“A, Amakawa… Thank you…!”

“Y, you’re welcome. And ‘Minato’ is fine.”

Sigulf was trying hard not to grin.

“…that said, what about you here?” Mei turned her attention to Sigulf. “You wouldn’t bully him, right?”

“I don’t bully.” He shrugged. “I punch people on the face. And with him, I have no reasons to.”

“…well, that’s strangely reassuring. But words about this won’t spread, yeah?”

“Err, that’s the problem. Our newspaper club works ridiculously fast.”

“Shit…”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. …I think.” Minato tried to console Misha who began to look worried again.

“So, uhh, any reason why you crossdressed in the first place?” Sigulf asked. “Hobby?”

“…seriously? You’re asking that now?” Mei raised one of her eyebrow.

“No, it’s alright, Mei.” Misha said. “Yeah, something along that line… Let’s just say I like how it looks.”

“Hee…”

———

In the end, Sigulf decided not to dig any further and returns to the council room, paperwork and all. After all, whatever happened, surely Minato and Mei could handle it.

“I’m back.”

“Oh, hey. You took a bit longer than expected.” Chelsea noted. “Umm, digestion problems?”

“Err, no. There was a bit of accident with one of the Pacifics.”

Celina managed to connect some of the dots.

“…Amakawa? Oh dear, I hope they are alright…”

“…which one was it?” Chelsea can barely hide her curiosity.

“Smirnov.”

Both of them widen their eyes.

“O, oh…”

“S, so it could trigger with boys too, huh…” Chelsea mumbled. “Maybe I should have him stick around with Sigulf… Ah, but maybe I must dress Sigulf cutely first?”

“Stop it, I can hear you, you know.” Sigulf retorted. “Wait, you already knew, huh?”

“It was in the documents after all.” Celina clarified.

“Yeah, should’ve guessed so…”

———

After about half an hour or so, the three of them managed to wrap up the day’s share of paperwork.

“Alright, that’s all for today. Thank you for the hard work.”

“Yaaay!”

“Whew…”

“So, milk tea like usual, right? I’ll make it.”

“Eh?”

Both Chelsea and Sigulf were a little surprised, considering it’s usually the brunette who brews the tea.

“Cel, may I—“

“Oh, it’s fine. You just relax over there.”

“…well, if you say so.”

Chelsea somehow relented, leaving her awkwardly silent with Sigulf.

“…”

‘Shiiit, there’s no way I can ask her here…’

He tried to focus on the snacks before him to divert from the thoughts, but just as he tried to reach for one of the chocolate macarons…

“”…!?””

His hand gently brushed with hers.

“I, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to…!” Sigulf retracted his hand.

“N, no, no, no! I, it’s alright! Please help yourself!”

“Eh!? I can’t do that! You reached first—“

“Ah, umm…! Oh, don’t worry, we still have lots of them here! See?”

“…o, oh, you’re right. What was I thinking…”

“A, ahahahahahah…”

Both of them reached for the snacks once, this time with some hesitation, before finally eating the macarons.

“…”

‘God save the Queen…! Calm yourself, Chelsea!’ she mentally reprimanded herself. ‘He just touched my hand, nothing more!’

‘…all this time, I barely noticed since she’s always with Celina, but…’ Sigulf thought while stealing a glance. ‘Now that we are like this and I got a better look… She’s… B, beautiful…’

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Celina announced as she brought their milk tea. “What’s wrong you two?”

“I, it’s nothing! Really!” Chelsea quickly answered, hastily taking her cup and then a sip from her tea. “Ow! It’s hot!”

“A, are you alright?” the blonde looks concerned for her best friend while passing Sigulf’s. “You shouldn’t rush like that…”

Celina sat down and began to sip her own drink.

“Ah, it’s so relaxing… Teatime after work is real pleasant, don’t you think?”

“Couldn’t agree more.”

‘Especially with you around…’

“So, how did you find our guests from Pacific so far?”

“Obvious, but they aren’t much different from us. A fun bunch.” Sigulf said. “…though I guess that can’t be said for… Ashfield, wasn’t it?”

“Aah, right, Jack Ashfield…” Celina responded. “Their number 1 rookie.”

“…well, I can’t really comment unless I meet him in person.”

“True. For now, let’s focus ourselves against the ones who are willing to visit us.”

“Right. …speaking of which, what about Houjou?”

“Interested, I see. He’s strong. Quite the match for Chelsea.” She said while glancing to the girl in question.

“Eh? Oh, yes, she’s right.”

“You didn’t fight him?” Sigulf was a little surprised.

“She won’t let me.” Celina sighed.

“Now, come on, Cel. We don’t want to uncover our Ace in the hole that quickly, do we?”

“But he’s their Ace. And we already trained with Sigulf and Alba anyways.”

“…it’s a bit different.” Chelsea dismissed it. “Besides, you do know I should be the one to defeat you.”

“Ooh? Are you saying I would lose to him?”

“Oh, no, no, no. That’s not what I meant, honest. Ohohohoho…”

‘…sly.’

“Umm, so do you think you have a chance against him?” Sigulf asked.

“Hmm…” Celina paused to take a sip. “I wouldn’t know until I face him in a real fight, but… I am confident that I can take on him.”

“I see… As expected.”

‘I know they are in a whole different class, but still…’

“Don’t worry, you still have a year more than us.” She tried to reassure him. “…or so I wanted to say, but I believe you wouldn’t just settle for that, correct?”

“Eh? W, well…”

Celina chuckled. “Well then, how about we train even harder this coming Saturday and Sunday?”

“Would you?”

“Of course. Honing your body and skill is never a bad thing. Just don’t forget to rest as hard as you work later.”

“Alright then, weekend it is.”

“Ufufu… Chelsea, I don’t even have to ask you, right?”

“Eeeh? How mean! You’ve been ignoring me!” she pouts.

“Eh!? I’m sorry, that wasn’t—“

“…well, it’s not like I can leave you alone. And I have to be even stronger, so…”

“It’s decided, then.” Celina smiled.

‘Another training scheduled, and taking it up a notch… I must get stronger!’

“Oh, that’s right. I almost forgot!” she remembered something. “Sigulf,”

“Yes?”

Celina raised her cup.

“Welcome back.”

“Ah…”

Normally, the gesture would look flashy to Sigulf. But this time… Her smile looks warmer than how it should be, captivating him.

“Thank you.”

“My pleasure.”

“…”

While Sigulf and Celina exchanged delightful looks, Chelsea watched in silence. Only this time, it’s not just the boy, but also her longtime best friend as well.

11