CHAPTER TWO: Two Hellos
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome" Dame said immediately she saw Scarlett, she witnessed the way she struggled with her luggage while she pulled it to the house.

"Good morning......" Scarlett looked for the name to call her so she called the one that popped into her head, "Mrs Shane" she completed.

Dame smiled. "You are free to call me by my name or infact call me Mom"

"Alright then" Scarlett smiled back.

Dame equally assisted her in taking her boxes to the room, arranging her clothes in the wardrobe.

"I learnt Tyler's son name is Jason, I hope that's true cause I don't want to embarrass myself" Scarlett said while they bonded on a cup of tea after the strenuous work they went through.

"It is but we call him Jay" Dame replied, she looked at her watch, "Oh! I really need to leave, make sure to take care of yourself, I can't be here when they arrive" Dame rushed out.

After Dame's goodbye, the house felt huge and empty, she sat on the sofa putting dots together as to why someone would be this rich yet refuse to hire any staff to care for his house.

She moved around the house inspecting every nook and cranny of it. She landed at the largest study she'd seen which took quarter of the house, sat on the chair and slept on the desk.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" An husky voice sprang Scarlett up from her sleep, just then the drool at the corner of her mouth falls to the ground.

Scarlett wipes her mouth with her hand, Tyler looked at her in disgust.

"Hello, am Scarlett" brought out her hand to shake his, Tyler who was already disgusted ignores her, she withdrew her hand.

"No one is allowed in here except for me" he saw the ring on her finger and felt perplexed, "Who gave you that?"

"You... I mean your mom" Scarlett is already getting irritated by his behavior.

Tyler understood as he breathes in hard. "Just leave" Scarlett took to her heels, on getting to the door he called her, she turned her face to her as he spoke "Don't come in here again" he said calmly.

"Sorry about Jason..."

"He is sound asleep, you'll see him tomorrow"

"Goodnight" she said before she left.

The following morning, that same husky voice woke Scarlett from her sleep, "Aren't you coming to Church?" With sleepy eyes she looked him while he was wearing his wrist watch.

"Church?" She asked still feeling sleepy.

"I can only wait for twenty minutes" he sprayed his cologne and left the room. Scarlett struggled to get out of bed, she couldn't believe someone like him goes to church.

Fear that he might leave her as twenty minutes had elapsed and still counting, she quickly rushed down, to her surprise he still waited, he knees were bent as he tried to fix Jason bow tie.

When he got up, he stared at her "So that's what you are wearing?" He asked.

She was scared for herself that what she was wearing was inappropriate, "Is it bad, Can I go back and change"

"That's if you want to come by yourself, then you can" he held Jason's hand so they can leave.

"Let me get my bag" she ran back up.

She returned but his car was no longer where it was, he already left.

Scarlett felt a bit disappointed, just as she was going back in she heard a horn sound and went back. "Get in!" Tyler shouted.

"Thanks for waiting" she said when she entered.

Tyler shrugged. "You still didn't change" looking at her clothes.

"I didn't think I'll have the time"

"True, I only waited because you said you wanted to meet Jay"

"Yeah!" She turned to look at him at the backseat, he sat there quietly watching them go back and forth. "Hi am Scarlett"

"Am Jason" he said shortly and went back to silence. Scarlett knew she had to do a lot more before he opens up to her.

After the service, Tyler was no where to be found leaving her with Jason. It wasn't long a red haired lady approached them, Jason let go of Scarlett's hold as he ran towards her. "Mummy!!!" It was the first time Scarlett saw him come alive, normally he was awfully quiet.

"Where is your father?" She asked as she lifted him up into her arms.

"I don't know" he shakes his head.

She looked at Scarlett's direction, "You must be the new nanny Ty hired for Jason"

"Ty?" Scarlett questions.

"I love to shorten his name, he loves it"

"Isn't it short enough" Scarlett thought. "You are Jason's Mom?"

"Yes" she replied, when did you start?" She asked.

"Just yesterday" Scarlett responds without correcting her misconception.

She saw the ring on Scarlett's finger. "Are you married?"

"No, am engaged"

"You are engaged, yet working for someone like Ty, people will definite have a wrong idea about you" she looked closer at the ring. "Your fiance must be very rich, why work as a nanny though"

"Am not exactly......" Scarlett tried to correct her before she was interrupted.

"Nanny? She is my fiancee" Tyler said pulling Scarlett closer.

"Really?" Camille raised her eyebrows up doubting if it were true. "You've had several fiancees and ended up not marrying any, I inclusive"

"You came for Jason why don't you take him with you" Tyler didn't debunk the statement she made, making Scarlett believe it were true.

0