CHAPTER FOUR: The reveal
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Faint sobs was coming from Tyler's room, the door creaked open as Beatrice walked in to see her daughter in tears.

"What are you crying for?" She asked rhetorically, "When I told you to learn how to cook you refused, now see how you embarrassed me".

"I couldn't even taste the food cause I knew it would be horrible" she continued. "You should be glad Tyler's father wasn't..... He is hard to please".

Scarlett wipes the tears from her eyes. "Sometimes I wish you would give me words of encouragement like you do with Kiara".

"Isn't that what am doing?" Beatrice asks.

Scarlett sighed. "Please leave"

"You better go and learn how to cook, cause this is now your new life".

Scarlett laughs hysterically. "Did I agree to this life?! All I have ever done is to please you, day in day out".

"Get married to Tyler, that's when you can please me" Beatrice replied.

"And what if I don't want to?" Scarlett looks into her mom's eyes, her face red with anger. "All this is fake, and when the two months elapse I would go back to Chris"

"Shut your mouth! It's a good thing everyone has gone out to the patio, this conversation is over" Beatrice slams the door.

Scarlett went back to the bed crying, just immediately Tyler walked out of the bathroom with a towel tied around his torso.

Scarlett was startled. "Did he hear everything" She was really scared.

It didn't seem like Tyler took his bath as the conversation that transpired between Scarlett and her mom interested him more.

"I didn't know you were in here"

"Were you forced to wear that ring" he said in a solemn tone.

"Whatever you heard just now was said out of anger" Scarlett replied with her voice sounding shaky like she'd done something wrong.

"It might have been said out of anger but it's the truth, right" Tyler said still calm.

"My sister convinced me to give it a try and that is what I did"

"Let's call it quits" he looked at her for an approval, when she didn't give any he returned back to the bathroom.

Scarlett went out to the patio were everyone were laughing at one thing. "Scarlett come join us" Dame calls out to her.

"You look stressed, don't beat yourself up you didn't know" she consoles.

Scarlett sat beside her as she listened to embarrassing stories about Tyler from Dame.

Just like that, she forgot what happened minutes ago as she laughed the pain away.

Immediately everybody left, Scarlett returned in to see Tyler in the study busy as usual. Knowing that he hated being disturbed, she knocked to be allowed in.

After minutes of incessant knocking Tyler opened the door for her. "Can we talk?" She asked.

"One minute" he agreed.

"I don't want to call it quits.....yet" She could feel her heart racing.

"I don't want you to feel obligated to do something you are not comfortable with" he returned back to his desk to continue what he was doing. "Your one minute is over"

Scarlett looked at him before she left.

Ready to prove him wrong Scarlett got up early to prepare the simplest breakfast she know best____ cereal.

She registered herself for a cooking class, helped Jason prepare for school and drove him to school.

With the help of Jason she was able to put her first cooking class lesson to the test as she bonds with Jason. It was like hitting two birds with one stone.

"Why doesn't you dad eat chicken, is he a vegetarian?"

"No, he just doesn't like it and grandma makes sure nobody eats it"

"But it was in the freezer yesterday" Scarlett was confused.

"Daddy loves pasta, it's his favorite"

"Then we'll make pasta!" Scarlett said cheerfully, "You'll be the chef and I'll be your sous- chef" she hugged him and he hugged her back.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** **

Scarlett and Jason set the table as they waited patiently for Tyler to return.

The food was already getting cold and yet there was no sign of Tyler, Scarlett was feeling worried.

"Scarlett I want to sleep" Jason waggled on Scarlett's shirt.

"Eat before you go to bed" she served his food. "Should I call your father?" Jason gave a nod.

She called but it went straight to voicemail.

Scarlett tucked Jason to bed before she went to the living room to watch TV while awaiting Tyler's return.

0