4. I’ve got the power!
16 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David woke up to the blaring sound of his alarm clock, his eyelids heavy with exhaustion from a night of little sleep. He stumbled out of bed, swaying like a zombie, and headed to the bathroom, with Kaja following closely behind. As the water cascaded down, both David and Kaja belted out a rendition of "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, turning their shower into an impromptu concert.

With the bathroom concert concluded, David proceeded to make a simple breakfast of toasted bread with butter and a glass of orange juice. It wasn't much, but it provided him with some much-needed energy to combat his sleep deprivation. He then went about his daily routine, feeding Kaja, checking his phone for any business updates, and engaging in light stretches to limber up.

"Alright, Abby, let's go," David declared, retrieving his brass knuckles from a cabinet and the kitchen knife from the kitchen. He hopped into his Nissan S12, Abby taking the passenger seat, her hair still slightly damp. Kaja perched on David's shoulder, looking neat and groomed.

As David started the car, the song "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC blared from the speakers, setting the tone for their upcoming adventure. He revved the engine and hit the gas pedal, the car zooming through the roads like a getaway vehicle.

"Okay, Abby, where's the closest monster?" David asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm not a radar, dumbass, but monsters are more likely to spawn in less populated areas," Abby replied, sounding bored and disinterested.

"Got it," David said, steering the car towards the nearest forest he knew of. Once they reached the forest's edge, he parked the car and ventured into the woods, carefully searching for signs of monsters. He moved cautiously, aware that what used to be a normal forest was now teeming with dangerous creatures that could easily end his life.

While trekking through the forest, David heard a loud commotion nearby, piquing his curiosity. He decided to investigate and, as he got closer, he witnessed a fierce battle between two massive creatures. He whispered to Abby, his voice trembling with fear, "What are those?"

"Those are a griffin and a basilisk," Abby answered, smirking at David's terrified expression. "You're unlucky to come across them right now."

"Luckily, they aren't trying to eat your ass at the moment," she added, petting Kaja, who chirped in delight.

David let out a sigh, secretly wishing he had a different guide. He chose to wait and observe from a hidden spot. The fight between the two creatures escalated, each sustaining fatal injuries. Seizing the opportunity, David swiftly moved forward, his kitchen knife in hand, and stabbed the basilisk in its eye. Caught off guard, the basilisk struggled to escape, but David held on, driving the knife deeper until the creature breathed its last breath.

The basilisk's body wriggled for a moment before finally going still. David sighed in relief and proceeded to absorb its essence, muttering the word "Absorb." Although the sensation was still strange, he had grown more accustomed to it.

Karma Received: 200x

"Nice!" David muttered, turning his attention to the fallen griffin and absorbing its essence as well.

Karma Received: 150x

"Why did I receive less from the griffin?" David looked back at Abby, seeking an explanation.

"Because you didn't kill it, and you dealt minimal damage, resulting in a smaller amount of Karma," Abby explained, while she rubbed Kaja's beak, eliciting happy chirps from the parrot.

David nodded, understanding the situation, and checked his status:

Name: David Title: Nutcracker Class: Druid (LVL 2) Patron: N/A Pet: Kaja (Parrot) Karma: 165/450 Status:

  • Strength: 10
  • Agility: 10
  • Stamina: 11
  • Intellect: 13
  • Spirit: 15

"Say 'ascend' to get stronger," Abby suggested.

"Ascend!" David exclaimed, feeling the pressure building up within his chest.

Free Attributes Gained: 20 Select a Class:

  • Berserker
  • Warrior
  • Wizard
  • Druid
  • Rogue

"Oh, shit! Stat points and a class choice!" David's excitement grew as he sensed his growing strength. After considering his options, he decided to stick with the Druid class, recalling his experience playing as a Druid in World of Warcraft.

As he selected the Druid class, the green grass surrounding him seemed to come to life, the air filled with freshness, and his aura radiated a welcoming presence, like encountering an old friend.

Name: David Title: Nutcracker Class: Druid (LVL 2) Patron: N/A Pet: Kaja (Parrot) Karma: 165/450 Status:

  • Strength: 10
  • Agility: 10
  • Stamina: 11
  • Intellect: 13
  • Spirit: 15 Attributes to Be Appointed: 20

"Why did you decide on a class so quickly?" Abby asked, confused as she scrutinized David's body with her hazel eyes, drawing closer to him.

"Why did you think I would choose Berserker?" David inquired, flexing his muscles as newfound knowledge flooded his mind.

"Because last night, you nearly beat that goblin to death," Abby replied, her gaze fixed on him.

David ignored her comment and began allocating his attribute points, opting for a balanced distribution across most of his stats.

Name: David Title: Nutcracker Class: Druid (LVL 2) Patron: N/A Pet: Kaja (Parrot) Karma: 165/450 Status:

  • Strength: 16
  • Agility: 16
  • Stamina: 16
  • Intellect: 15
  • Spirit: 16

Feeling his strength surge, David couldn't contain his excitement. He threw a few quick punches, testing out his increased attributes.

"I've also learned some peculiar spells," he said, raising his arm as power coursed through him.

Roots emerged from the ground, entwining a nearby tree and binding it in place. "That's going to be useful in battle," he remarked. Focusing his energy, a green aura enveloped his body, forming a translucent armor. "Hmm, armor. Nice!"

David approached Kaja and used some of his mana, hearing Kaja speak without her usual parrot voice. "Daddy, you look so cool!" Kaja exclaimed, causing David to blush and swear softly. "My sweet Kaja sounds adorable." He lifted her up, nuzzling his face against hers, and Kaja chirped happily. Abby, witnessing the heartwarming scene, smiled at them.

"Alright, David, that's enough. Let's hunt more monsters," Abby urged.

David flexed in front of her, winking confidently. "Don't worry, Abby. I've got the power!"

0