Rose Learns The Secret
732 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about!" I exclaimed.

"Don't play dumb with me!" she yelled, "It's not just healing magic I have, I can sense other peoples' souls."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your soul is showing me that you've died once." responded Rose, "Tell me about your past life."

"Would you... actually believe me?" I asked.

"We're best friends, aren't we?" she responded, "Of course I would. That, and I can literally tell you've been reincarnated."

So, I told her the whole story. I told her about how in my past life, I was a boy who happened to be very sick. I had a couple close friends that stuck with me despite the fact that I had this incurable illness. In the end, I lost my life to this illness and the next thing I knew, I was Nova Neville.

"You used to be a boy?" responded Rose, seeming surprised.

"That was a long time ago." I said, "You're not going to tell anyone about this, are you?"

"Of course not." said Rose, "Now, what do you think of the new guy that just transferred here?"

"You want to talk about that kind of thing again!?" I exclaimed.

"Is there a problem?" asked Rose.

"Please don't bring him up." I said.

"What's wrong?" asked Rose.

"I-it's nothing." I said, "I just don't plan on having anything like that with that guy, okay?"

"Is there something you're not telling me about him?"

"I don't know him."

Of course, that was a lie.

"Sorry for bothering you." said Rose, "We can talk again tomorrow."

With that, she left. And I was just stuck, standing there, wondering what I should do next. I didn't think I'd tell anyone in this world about my past. But if I guess if it's Rose, it's fine. When I decided to start walking, that's when he showed up again.

"I didn't think there was anyone up here." he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Did you need something?" I asked.

"I've been looking for someone since I got here." he said.

"Since you got here?" I asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, I just moved here recently." answered Oswin, "I had a friend come here a while back, or so I was told."

"How do you know you weren't lied to?" I asked.

"That's the thing." he said, "I don't."

"Then why come?" I responded.

"You're really curious, aren't you?"

"S-sorry."

"Have you ever met anyone named Gabe Rask?"

"N-no."

"I see."

"Um... is something wrong?"

"Ah, it's just that you have the same hair and eyes as Gabe."

"I... do?"

"Yeah, I guess I thought that maybe you might know something about him but I guess it was stupid to think that you would just based on having the same hair color."

"What if you don't find him?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I don't even know how to go back."

"Go... back?"

"Sorry. I said too much. Don't worry about it."

"O-okay then."

"For some reason, I feel like I can talk to you."

"Is that so?"

"Your name is Nova, right?"

"Y-yeah."

"Well, I know I said it in front of the whole class but, I'm Oswin."

"If you want... I could help you find him."

"I don't really want to trouble you, but if I make any progress, I'll be sure to let you know."

With that, he left. I couldn't believe it. He ended up coming to this world looking for me. How did he manage to do that? It's not like I could go up to him and ask him because he likely wouldn't even believe that I was the very person he was searching for. That, I don't know if it would be a good idea to share that I know there are multiple worlds.

18