Chapter 12
59 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Until now, I've only thought of Pink as a very reliable subordinate. No, that's not quite right. I am aware of how attractive Pink is, yet, I do not hope to initiate.

What is happening now? I'm about to kiss a subordinate while she is unconscious. Wait, saying it that way may cause some weird misunderstanding.

I'm just going to make her drink this antitoxin. Yes, what I'm doing is necessary. If I don't act, I'm going to lose her.

If she starts to hate me for this, I don't care. If she sues me, I think I'll win the case. I'll use my contacts if need be.

Resolving myself, I put some antitoxin potion into my mouth without swallowing. Since her head lies on the bed slightly, the slant shall help for better flow. Then, I make sure to balance Pink's head with my hand while I hold her cheek with my other. My lips are a mere few inches away from hers.

Do it, Brad Brown. Just do it!

But before I can remove the gap between us, Pink starts choking and therefore coughs, spitting all the antitoxin that I poured in her mouth earlier all over my face.

"Wha- what's happening?" Pink surveys the room, although still weak and disoriented.

I reflexively swallow the liquid in my mouth. "H-hey! You're awake!" Yes, Captain Obvious.

Seeing that she still can't get up, I remember the objective of my presence here.

"Here, drink this quick." I give Pink another vial, helping her raise it to her mouth as I watch her gulp in satisfaction. When that's done, I hand her a Health Potion which she also takes with gratitude.

"Lieutenant, thank you for coming," she exhales and inhales deep. "But may I ask why your face is wet?"

I wipe my face in a hurry and looking at my palm, it is the purple liquid she spat on me. Yep. Pink probably remembers that she choked earlier with something. And one must know that if that something is now on my face, then that can only mean that my face was close to hers.

Pink chuckled. "Were you perhaps planning to feed me the antitoxin the romantic way?"

"Uhh..."

Pink turns serious. "Sir, you must know that only works in stories. In practice, it will just choke the patient more often than not." She brings out a thin tube from her item bag and waves it in front of me. "This thing should work just fine. What do you think we have this for?"

Seeing the tube, I remember that I probably have one in my item bag as well. I frown to hide my embarrassment.

 

Sorry for being late. Next chapter with poll to be uploaded in 3 days.

4