Chapter 18: Fingerpointing
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am boiling in anger. My knuckles are almost white as I clench my fists, glaring at the four people marching to where we stand.

Seven people are now in the forward deck.

Freaking seven people remain in this forsaken ship. And that does not include the sole intruder.

The intruder did almost nothing compared to our treacherous guests here. It is making me laugh.

"You!" The first one who speaks was Yellow, pointing at us with hatred equaling mine. "Traitors! All of you! I can't believe you'll go as far as to murder everyone before assassinating us."

What the heck?

"Unfortunately for you wretches, things won't go as you planned. You're the ones who shall die here." Yellow draws his sword towards the night sky, the moon giving the blade a feisty glint.

The motion is impressive. But the nerve of the fool! Isn't he the one who ordered Orange?

Oh, I see now. These nincompoops are planning to shift the blame onto us. Then, they will have every right to have killed us in the eyes of the court. The audacity!

"Backstabbers! Not only did you use cowardly means to massacre these men, now you plan to kill us and cover up what transpired." I unsheathe my sword this time, my blade pointed down but at the ready. "I had plans to keep you alive," which is partially true, "but now I change my mind."

I glance at my female companion. My eyes meet hers, and the shine in her eyes tells me that she understands. There is a change in plans. Now is the moment for direct action. Pink also draws her short sword, prompting Red to pull out his saber.

Captain Greene, White, and Orange seem confused with the sudden development.

What about the Royal Order? The heck with it, our lives are being threatened, and we shall defend ourselves with every fiber in our being.

"Wait just a moment!" White puts up a hand, bafflement apparent in his voice.

I shall now (again) post two chapters per week starting from now. Add the story to your Reading List so that you won't miss an update.

Don't forget to vote at the poll below.

What do I shout?
  • "What do you want?!" Votes: 1 33.3%
  • "To glory and victory!" Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Nothing. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Jun 18, 2021 02:33 PM.
3