Chapter 20: Splash
34 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orange is targeting Captain Greene!

With a shout, I manage to point the maid to the captain's attention.

At that moment, I hear Orange click her tongue before running towards the naval officer, who is fumbling at his belt for the cutlass.

I shall assist the captain!

But first, I need to distract Yellow lest he jumps on me from behind. I have enough of backstabbings for tonight!

After scouring through my belt, I toss three vials of explosive liquid in front of Yellow, inciting him to step back. The explosion was small but loud. I am also slightly stunned since this is my first time using it. Yes, it is another new product issued to us for field testing. I have to say it blinded me a bit, even with my eyes closed in anticipation.

Those vials are more of a distraction rather than a serious weapon. I seriously doubt Yellow has not been rattled by that, though.

Seeing Yellow shaking his head means that it worked. I turn around and run for the captain. It is a relief that Greene is still alive for those few seconds, now armed with his cutlass. Despite the bloody arm he has.

"Captain!" I slash at Orange's open back, but she dodges it by stepping forward.

Oh, yeah, she's doomed. Captain Greene stabs Orange in the chest at the moment she evaded my sword. I can see the tip of the cutlass from behind. Greene pulls out the sword and cuts her in the throat this time. Yikes.

Orange grasps her neck and tries to steady herself at the edge of the ship. With one hand, she produces a vial from her maid uniform's pocket and drinks it.

She's a fighter even in the final moments. I can tell her that, at least.

Unfortunately for her, a huge wave out of nowhere sways the ship hard and causes Orange to fall over, her eyes widely staring at us before she disappears down below with a soft splash.

"Good going, Captain!"

"What the heck is happening here?!"

Yeah, I'm not sure, either. Although, I am sure that this is not the time to chat. Thankfully, the ordeal has finally sobered up the captain. Or is it his gashing wound on the arm?

Looking around me, Red is ignorant of what happened as he is still being pushed back by Pink while Orange is livid at the sight of his maid dying.

"Monsters!"

Wow, now everyone here is a monster.

With a scream, Yellow runs toward the captain, his eyes bloodshot.

If no one votes on the poll below, I'll be forced to vote by myself LMAO.

What shall I do?
  • Intercept Yellow. Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wait for an opportunity. Votes: 2 66.7%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Jun 29, 2021 11:58 AM.
3