Chapter 33: Arriving at Arkbay II
11 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uh... Sgt. Rose?"

"Oh? Uhm. Sorry."

Sergeant Rose, a.k.a. Pink, hesitantly lets go of the mysterious woman. Pink straightens herself up and pats her clothes. The woman looks at Pink with a warm smile.

The mysterious woman is probably the boss around here with how she commanded everyone and with how she presents herself. Her chocolate brown hair tinged with maroon reminds me of a delightful hot drink I enjoyed in the capital. Where does that drink originate again? I search for my memory until I remember that the shop owner is originally from Arkbay and he said something about the main shop being located here.

Joyful anticipation fills me as I realize I will be able to look forward to something in this place, at least.

Chocolate and chocolate drinks have been present around noble parties and sold in a few expensive hotels and restaurants for a long time, but this particular drink I enjoy because of the maroon syrup added on top. Despite chocolate being expensive, even common folk like me is able to taste it because of that shop owner. Apparently, he has a cheap source of chocolate and that made him an enemy of the luxury shops. But for some reason, that shop owner is still in business. That guy is probably protected by a certain guild, otherwise, the competition will have already destroyed his business--financially and literally.

I snap back from my escape from reality when Pink hugs my arm.

"Master! This is Lt. Brad Brown. He's my boyfriend."

I stiff at her introduction of me. We have not talked about this at length, but I guess everything that has happened so far points our relationship that way.

Pink gives me a cute smile that warms me from the inside just by looking at it. I don't know what to say.

The woman whom Pink calls 'Master' claps her hands in surprise.

I do not know her but I can pretty much tell this 'Master' person is someone whom Pink respects a lot. So much so that she is the first person Pink told this about.

I'm her boyfriend?
  • Affirm it.
  • Deny it.
  • Stay silent but wrap an arm around her.
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Apr 22, 2023 01:30 PM.
3