Crash
1.8k 22 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I heard a voice from above me. I couldn't quite make out what they said through my head spinning and my body aching.

I opened my eyes to look up at them. Oh my... That is a very cute person.

They were androgynous, startlingly so. Tall and willowy with such delicate yet strong features. Their eyes were such a warm hazel I could hardly pry my eyes away from theirs.

They took on a confused face and spoke once more, "are you... okay?" Even their voice was wonderful. They were soft-spoken and their voice was incredibly soothing and mellow.

I shook myself out of my head, "Yep! I'm fine! so fine!" I took a deep breath to calm myself "totally... fine" I shot them with a finger gun from the floor.

God Izzy, really? finger guns?

They frowned and tilted their head slightly, "Are you sure?" They offered their hand to me, I took it without hesitation. Together we pulled me to my feet.

Wow, they really were a lot taller than me. My eyes were piratically level with their shoulders, I had to physically tilt my head upward to look them in their gorgeo-

To look them in their eyes.

We both stood there in silence for a moment.

I was the first to speak up, "I'm sorry, I should have seen you coming." I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "I'm not even sure how I missed you, considering uh-" I gestured up to them and how much taller than me they were, "big"

They let out an amused chuckle that made my heart flutter, "I'm sure you have a good reason, and besides, it's as much my fault as yours," They shrugged, "It kinda comes with being tall. I always need to be aware of the things around me so I don't crash into them... It's a struggle" They cringed, probably remembering when they first learned that lesson, most likely in some painful or incredibly uncomfortable way.

"So, uh sorry, bye" They turned and started to walk off.

I have to do something. I can't just let them walk off like that.

"wait! I-" I blurted out behind them, before stopping myself

They halted and turned their head to look back at me, "Um... yeah?" They looked incredibly confused and a little afraid.

Shit.

"Sorry, I..." I racked my brain for a plausible excuse, "I just realized, I forgot to ask what your pronouns are,"

They turned all the way around as they enthusiastically shouted their answer, "He/him!" He paused for a moment and brought a finger  up to his chin, "at least for now that is"

"For now?" I asked.

He facepalmed himself, "Yeah, sorry, I'm fluid so you know, It changes."

I nodded at him, "So that explains your totally andro appearance"

"You really think so?" he tilted his head.

I scanned him up and down once again, "yep, totally. I really couldn't tell one way or another," It wasn't a lie. Not that I had consciously been trying, but I couldn't put a solid guess on whether he was amab or afab, or anything else for that matter.

He squinted his eyes at me, "Since we're on the topic, what are yours? I kind of assumed she/her, but you know with us trans folk; looks can be deceiving"

"Nope, you're spot-on. she/her is perfect!"

Have I ever said how much I love trans people?

I just think interactions between us are so adorable. It's so cute how we all just ask each other our pronouns, something about it is just so pure and wholesome. It makes my heart melt.

We also exchanged (and complimented) each other's names. Turns out his name is "Jay". Still not sure if that's an abbreviation of some name longer name that starts with the letter "J" or not but whatever, It doesn't really matter.

"So, I guess I'll see you later Izzy," He waved a little salute to me and disappeared into the crowd of the mall.

I stood there for a moment, processing.

Fuck! I didn't even get his number! I really wanted to talk with him more.

But I guess it's for the best. I don't even want to try to manage keeping my gift a secret from someone who only knows that form.

It does suck though, I really wanted to see him again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I ended my shopping trip by picking up some fingerless leather gloves. My fingers needed to be free so that I could actually use my gift, but I figured some protection would be better than none at all.

And that was that, I finished my quick shopping trip and headed home.

Arriving at home was a sort of complicated ordeal. I needed to change back into my regular clothes, but I wasn't comfortable changing out in public. Instead, I ended up jumping through the window into my room, getting changed, jumping back out of my window, and then pretending to come home like normal.

It was just past six when I got home, so everyone else was here already. I made my rounds talking to everyone, letting them know that I was home for the day.

I had just gone back into my room to rest and relax till it was time for me to head out for the night when I heard a gentle knock on my door.

I got up and opened my door. Lisa stood in front of me with a worried look.

oh no

"Hey, are you doing okay? you've been acting kinda weird lately"

oh shit

"I haven't seen you much recently and when I have you've looked really on-edge and tired"

oh Fuck. Guess I haven't been as secretive as I thought.

"So I just wanted to check up on you" She kept looking away from my eyes, but this seemed about more than just her being worried about me. She looked really stressed herself.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine." I looked up at her, "Are you okay?" I spun the question back at her.

She'd been fine just a few minutes ago, but now she looked like she was about to break down right in front of me.

She looked back at her feet again and took a shaky breath. "Can I tell you something?" It came out just above a whisper.

"Of course you can, always." I pulled her into my room and sat her down on my bed. "What is it?"

Her eyes were fixated on her lap.

"Promise you won't get angry?" She glanced at me.

"Of course not." I promised her, "never"

"I know." She said, vaguely.

My breath caught in the back of my throat, she can't possibly know, can she?

"About what?"

I really hoped that she wasn't talking about what I thought she was.

"I know about you, Izzy"

Time stopped for a moment.

My blood turned to ice, my heart raced, a million thoughts and anxieties flowed through my head. I tried to prepare the words I might say next but I came up completely empty. I didn't know what to say.

But all my fears and anxieties melted away with her next statement.

"I know, and I love you"

Announcement

So, uh. this is a really short chapter for the time I spent working on it, whoops. It was just a really hard one to write. I ended up re-writing it about four times because I wasn't very happy with it. (still not super happy with how it turned out but this chapter is very different than most of the writing I've done so far so I'm just a lil uncomfortable with it)

Buuuuut The next few should (fingers crossed) come more easily considering they're the ones that I've been planning ever since the beginning.

60