Prologue
89 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xander opened his eyes and took in his surroundings. He was sitting on a long sofa in a large white room, which was simply decorated with a white table, where a laptop was placed. He frowned and rubbed at his head. It hurt.

<Hello Host!>

Xander opened his eyes abruptly and glanced around. On the screen of the laptop, a cute round ball of fur was waving at him

<I am system 0001 and based on your statement sent to HQ you have been chosen as my designated Host. >

Xander froze as he listened to the high-pitched childish voice. Then as he comprehended what he had heard, groaned. "For the love of God, don't tell me this actually just happened."

<I am responsible for being your guide as you tour around the myriad worlds, fulfilling wishes and preventing worlds from collapsing.>

Xander slumped back on the sofa and rubbed at his head, distressed. "No, nope. I don't believe you" He thought back to when he was sitting in his room scrolling lazily through a forum after finishing a new genre of novel. A system novel. He groaned again. You read one system novel and suddenly you're chosen as a host for your own system. He sat up and pointed at the laptop on the table. "you are lying to me."

The ball of fur on the laptop screen pouted sadly and moved to the corner of the screen.

<You're the one who sent to HQ that it would be fun to have a system, why are you attacking me?>

Xander shook his head. "No, I replied to a comment saying it would be fun to have a system not that I wanted one!" he stood up and paced back and forth in the room. Ignoring the ball of fur that followed its motions on the laptop. "This is so cliché, this absolutely cannot be happening"

The system ball hmphed.

 <Well you have to believe it because until you complete your tasks you cannot return to your original world. It's not all bad though, anything you learn can be kept for when you return>

Xander sighed and gave up looking for a way out. Whatever, he thought. Why not try out what he had read and learn skills in the meantime. It would be a lot more fun than what he was doing back at home. And wasn't the perk of being able to keep all those skills the reason why he thought that those system novels were kind of cool?

In his original world. Xander was a 22-year-old man, the 3rd born of one of the most powerful families in B country. Although he was blessed with great looks and a high IQ and EQ, he realized that since he was not the heir to the family fortune but was supported enough to let him live a comfortable life even if he became a spendthrift, the future was going to be really boring. He had no aspirations or ambitions, so since this was the case, he might as well live out other people's aspirations. The system nodded self-assuredly as it watched Xander accept his fate.

 <Don't worry host. I'll keep you company.>

Xander sat in front of the laptop and pushed everything out of his mind. "So, what are we doing first?"

<Host, you have been brought here to help the poor cannon fodders and misunderstood villains fulfill their wishes. When taking over their bodies you will need to change their fates while completing some other tasks. For every main mission completed you are able to learn new skills and will be given other rewards. Part of this is your contribution points. Reach 1000 and you will be able to return.>

Xander nodded. It seemed simple enough. All he had to do is complete some missions and in the meantime, he could visit new worlds and learn new skills. He'd treat it like a vacation, what was the worst that could happen?

<Then Host, I'll transfer you to the first world~>

0