Chapter 4
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tom thought he understood science, seeing as he was halfblood and yet, he could not comprehend how that man, who seemed like he was all skin and bones, could lift him up like a sack of patatoes before depositing him near older Dumbledore.

"I saw Mr. Riddle playing spy near your door mere moments ago and thought to graciously, play along, as his officer. You are welcome to act as magistrate" Snape said with a smile on his face.

Riddle's face was burning. 'I am the maker of my own destiny, the deciding factor regarding everything in my life, not Dumbledore' he thought.

Older Dumbledore looked disappointed and Tom suddenly felt a bit crestfallen because of it.

'What magic is this? Why am I feeling a little contrite? I must be under some form of emotional Imperius' Tom assessed.

"Felt so indisposed in your cozy room you decided to grace us with your wonderful presence, little boy?" younger Dumbledore asked snidely.

"Naturally since I was the subject of the conversation..." Tom started to say before younger Dumbledore interrupted him "You had no right!"

The teenager rolled his eyes while saying "And about the so-called cozy room, I simply must make a few adjustments professor".

He turned to older Dumbledore gave him a wide smile and asked "May I change the colors?".

Older Dumbledore's eyes started to twinkle while he nodded and said "I had a feeling you would wish for a different room, my boy"

"May you not change the subject?" younger Dumbledore addressed Tom in an irritating tone.

Dumbledore's voice had a promise of punishment in it but at the same time it was a declaration of possessiveness, and Tom was suddenly struck by the feeling of belonging to someone, being someone's son. The reality of it all started to sink in...and even though he'd been sort of kidnapped at first now it felt different. It felt like he wanted to prove to younger Dumbledore that he was not a naughty youngster constantly in need of a minder but a trustworthy young man. Is this Stockholm Syndrome? And if it was, is it bad that he wanted to be held by older Dumbledore again?

"Calm yourself, Albus" older Dumbledore said "I am not suggesting Tom not be held accountable yet I am still forbidding you to use the cane. It is a medieval form of punishment which does more harm than good to children"

"Then what are you suggesting?" younger Dumbledore asked, feeling exasperated.

"Sitting in the corner" older Dumbledore said.

"Pardon?" Tom asked, a little mortified. He must not have heard it correctly...

Younger Dumbledore was gaping before he settled on a grave expression and saying "Explain"

"Quite simple. Tom is a very active and unruly child, indeed. I can bet none of the adults at the orphanage were able to handle him..." older Dumbledore said.

"So what?" Tom asked, taking pride in being uncontrollable.

"Imagine how hard it would be to sit still in a corner contemplating his mistakes, especially if it would be for say, an hour. Also given Tom's age he would not find the punishment suiting, therefore he would try almost anything to avoid it. Let's say that today he stays fourteen minutes in the corner, one minute for each year of age " older Dumbledore said.

"But sitting in a corner is for babies" Tom said in a whiny voice.

"I do believe babies are less difficult than you are, Mr. Riddle" Snape answered and younger Dumbledore looked thoughtful before he took hold of Tom's hand and put him in a corner.

"Professor!" Tom started to say before Older Dumbledore said "No talking while in the corner!"

"And no turning either" younger Dumbledore added with a smirk.

The thinking game began. It would be tough but he will outsmart Dumbledore. He will think of his endless success when he becomes the greatest sorcerer in the world. His fame unequal with golden gallons infinite. As he admires his white, marble sculpted figure, freely given to him by the helpless masses...white, like this stupid corner! No! He will think about famous magical objects like the cloak of invisibility, the resurrection stone, or the elder wand. To have such power at his fingertips, to command death...by God, he's dying of boredom!

"Ten minutes left" older Dumbledore said.

"It can't have only been four minutes' Tom agonized.

After the cruel and unusual punishment was over, younger Dumbledore took Tom by the hand and dragged him into a different room.

They stared at one another, neither seeming to relent until finally, Tom averted his eyes.

"The older version of me thinks that we should...bond together" younger Dumbledore said.

"Oh?" Tom asked.

"So, Tom, tell me more about yourself" younger Albus said.

"Gladly, professor. You see, I eat babies and kick puppies on a regular schedule..." Tom began to say.

"Mr. Riddle! Be serious" younger Dumbledore said.

"Why should I tell you anything else, isn't that what you want to hear? You already think I'm a monster, I can hardly dissuade you from that belief!" Tom screamed.

"Tom I do not think you're a monster" younger Dumbledore hurried to say before Tom hissed "Oh, yeah? You said it yourself I'm a perilous menace to society and you hate me, remember?"

"I said I will not let you become a menace to society, and I did not tell you I hate you, young man"

"Oh, so you love menaces to society?" Tom asked with a smirk.

"No, I, Don't put words in my mouth, Tom. I may not like your future self but you are just a child and therefore exempt from any hate on behalf of..." Albus said before Tom interrupted him "Voldemort!" Dumbledore's eyes widened.

"Why does no one want to tell me anything about him? Don't I have a right to know?" Tom asked.

"Voldemort was a love-less dark lord hell-bent on causing pain and suffering to the people he deemed inferior. Is that what you want to become Tom, a murderer!" Albus screamed with all his power.

The room started shaking, objects flying in all directions.

'No, I just want to be immortal' Tom thinks while shrinking back.

Seeing the child cower at him, younger Dumbledore took a page off older Dumbledore's book and started embracing the teen gently while saying "I'm sorry I scared you Tom"

'Not scared' the teenager thought.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Older Dumbledore opened it to reveal the face of none other than Newton Scamander.

Older Dumbledore smiled widely while saying "Enter, my boy. I've been expecting you"

0