The Written Exam
1.1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To call what happened a fight would be exaggerating it. At first, Sasuke was keeping up with Lee's speed and blocking his attacks. But after Lee increased his speed it was over for Sasuke. This time he didn't even have the Sharingan to see Lee's movements. So he couldn't see or keep up with him.

The fight ended with Guy appearing on the back of a turtle and yelling at Lee for taking it too far. They had this really weird bonding moment where Guy sensei hits Lee then they started hugging and crying. But just as we were about to leave Lee walked over and started speaking to Sasuke.

"I just wanted to tell you Sasuke-Kun, I actually only wanted to fight to confirm my own strength. I was lying when I said I was the strongest genin in Konoha, that man is actually on my team and I've been working to defeat him. If you wish to pass the exams your strength is far from enough. Prepare yourself," he said before his body flickered away.

With just a glance I could see how frustrated Sasuke was, his body was slightly trembling and his hands were balled up into fists out of anger.

"You saw his moves right? That comes from intense training day after day. Way more than either me or you have done," I said walking past Sasuke towards the testing room.

"Hehe, so it's actually this interesting the chunin exams," I heard Sasuke say from behind me. Just as I expected he didn't lose his will to fight after just one loss.

As we approached the door we saw Kakashi sensei there waiting for us.

"Ahh, so you did come Sakura, now you all qualify for the exam," said Sensei.

"Huh what do you mean? I thought the exam was as individuals?" asked Sakura.

"I knew if I told you it was a team event you would feel pressured by Naruto and Sasuke to take the test. So I made sure you would make the choice yourself and not feel forced. Anyway, I just came to say good luck behind these doors all the applicants for the exam are waiting." said sensei while stepping aside to let us through the door.

"Hehe, thanks sensei but we won't need it," I said as we walked through the doors.

Behind the door were menacing-looking ninja from all 5 of the villages waiting for the test to start. As we were processing the challenge ahead I heard footsteps approach us from behind.

"Sasuke-kuunn I've been waiting for you," said Ino while she hugged him from behind.

"Get away from Sasuke-Kun you pig," Shouted Sakura with murder in her eyes.

"Haha, Sasuke-Kun is mine Sakura, and you look ugly with your wide forehead as usual," retorted Ino.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh and Sakura started to give me the death stare.

After that, we saw the other genin with Hinata blushing when she saw me as usual.

Kabuto noticed all of us and stepped forward to introduce himself. He used his ninja info cards to introduce the other villages to us and explain the exams a little.

Suddenly the ninja of the sound jumped in and attacked him. He dodged their strike but still ended up throwing. I didn't step in to stop it because I really didn't care if Kabuto got injured or not. Just as it looked like a brawl was about to break out we heard a shout come from the front of the room.

With a poof a bunch of ninjas, the examiners had entered the room and the one in front spoke up. "I'm Morino Ibiki and I will be your first examiner for the chunin exams. And you, the ninjas from the sound if you don't want me to fail you already you better keep yourselves in check."

"Our apologies, it's our first time taking the exams and we don't quite know all the rules yet." said one of the sound ninja whose face was covered in bandages. That was some bullshit though, they definitely knew you weren't supposed to fight. They had just wanted to create an example out of Kabuto.

Ibiki went on to explain the rules of the chunin exams before introducing us to the first test which was a ... paper test.

I'm happy I know the point behind the test which is to not quit on your teammates and practice your spying and espionage skills. But I didn't really have any ninjutsu that could help me cheat without being noticed so I decided to simply wait out the time till he gave us the 10th question. Hinata, who was sitting right next to me, tried to help me out, but I didn't want to make her lose points so I didn't copy off her paper.

Finally, Ibiki gave us the 10th question with the choice of accepting it or rejecting it. He said that if you got it wrong you would never be able to take the exams again, but if you rejected it you could try again next year.

That was when teams started dropping like flies, finally with 26 teams left, that had all accepted the 10th question, Ibiki told us that we all passed.

20