Survival
1.1k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sakura and I were asleep in our hidden camp when I suddenly jolted awake. I heard a scream of pain and immediately I mind went towards Sasuke.

"Sakura wake up!" I yelled before running out of our little hideout.

Right, when I left the camp in front of me was the biggest snake that I had ever seen in my life. It had dark gray scales and its cold yellow eyes locked on to me instantly. Shit. Shit. Shit.

The snake being here wasn't a problem. I quickly dealt with it by letting it eat some of my shadow clones that had explosive tags attached to them. The snake exploded from the inside and quickly died.

But if the snake was here that meant Orochimaru was too. Dammit, I thought that when the team met him in the forest originally it was just luck. This time we took a completely different path compared to last time. Was he actively searching for Sasuke from the very start of the exam?

After killing the snake I quickly made a clone and sent it out to inform Anko, even if it informed them about Orochimaru quickly then they had originally found out there was still a chance that we could get out of this safely. But it was a longshot, even the Hokage would struggle to fight against him much less some Anbu.

"Sakura, quick follow me. We need to find Sasuke." I yelled without towards Sakura. I made even more shadow clones and sent them out in all different directions, ordering them to dissipate if they found something. I had just heard something a minute ago, so Sasuke couldn't be that far away.

After 30 seconds I felt one of my clones disappear and quickly started rushing towards the area.

"This way!" I shouted at Sakura without looking back.

I ran as fast as I could until I finally found Sasuke fighting Orochimaru on the treetops. I could see that he now had a red hue in his eyes even though he was backed up against a tree, breathing heavily. So he did awaken the Sharingan but that wouldn't be enough to fend off Orochimaru.

"You really are his brother aren't you? You have the same eyes, but seem to be able to see more than even Itachi himself," said Orochimaru to Sasuke. Sasuke was about to respond back to him but that's when I acted.

I quickly made as many shadow clones as I could, the number was close to a hundred as I felt my vision slightly blur and go red. I had put explosive tags on all of them and ordered them to charge at Orochimaru.

Orochimaru who was talking to Sasuke noticed me when I started summoning my clones, but by then it was too late. I surrounded him with my clones and he couldn't run because of the sheer number of them. I activated the exploding tags on the clones while I ran towards Sasuke and grabbed him to get further away from the blast. As we hid behind a tree we heard all of the blasts go off.

I was breathing heavily and sweating from all the chakra I had just used and Sasuke looked pretty beat up too.

"Sasuke, we have to run. We don't as a chance against him," I said while trying to calm myself.

Sasuke was about to respond when I felt something smash into my arm, making me grunt from the pain. I flew from the tree and hit the floor hard, making my vision go black.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I woke up to Sakura watching over me with an anxious look on her face. I tried to sit up but was hit with a wave of pain when I tried to support myself on my left arm. I also had a throbbing headache that sent a wave of pain through my head every few seconds.

I tried to sit up again and tried to take in my surroundings. Sasuke was laying on the floor next to me with bandages on his arm and leg, but the wounds didn't look bad enough for us the get disqualified from the test. Sakura had carried us back to our hidden camp and bandaged us up.

But there was something else on his body, a strange black mark that looked like a bruise on his neck. I couldn't help but slam my hand down on the floor in frustration, which sent another wave of pain through the arm.

"Naruto are you okay? What hurts? I tried my best to bandage everything but," started Sakura but I cut her off.

"I'm fine I'm fine, don't worry. What about Sasuke?" I asked while standing up.

"He's was fine just some minor cuts and bruises, but after he got bitten on the neck he started screaming and passed out. He's been like that ever since," whimpered Sakura. I could tell she was trying to hold back tears.

"Don't worry he should be fine, it'll just take some time for him to wake up." I consoled her.

We hid out for another day in the camp as we rested up and recovered from the battle with Orochimaru. I went to the river that flowed through the forest to get food, while Sakura stayed with Sasuke at the camp.

I still couldn't believe that Orochimaru had gotten to Sasuke, and I don't even know how he did it. I swear I had hit him with the exploding tags, but he still managed to knock me out easily. I guess he is a sanin for a reason.

It took Sasuke the rest of the day to wake up, and when he did I could tell the curse mark was still bothering him.

But we could deal with that later, we still needed an Earth scroll to pass the test and we had wasted 2 days already.

19