Chapter 1 – An Endless Sea
18 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lincoln looked around himself, however not a speck of light existed in the surroundings. He had never felt so utterly alone that the feeling unnerved him to no end.

"What happened to me? Why am I here?!" Asking the silent void, Lincoln received no answer. Instead the darkness just seemed that much more empty.

He heard a strange splashing sound and looking down, he realized he stood on the shore of an endless ocean, stretching into infinity.

The darkness vanished as if it never existed, leaving Lincoln standing on a rocky shore, looking at the dark waves.

"Is this Hell? Or maybe the afterlife? So did I die then? I don't remember it..." Without a clue, Lincoln stepped forward hesitantly and the chilly black sea seemed to stimulate something within him.

Holding his head, he collapsed in the shallow water, his eyes shut as he felt as if his very soul was being torn into pieces.

Inhaling some of the sea water, he couldn't taste salt, instead it felt as if he had just drunk from a chilly river, refreshing to the extreme and soothing the pain which threatened to send him insane.

After the pain slowly faded, Lincoln lay in the shallow water with a blank expression on his face.

"So that's how I died? Haha, that is how I died?!" Ignoring the chills he got from the ocean, he broke down crying in despair!

He hadn't offended anyone, instead trouble came looking for him. A rich young master fancied a girl who happened to be the class belle, and because Lincoln was on somewhat friendly terms with her, he sent someone to arrange an 'accident'.

Having died due to jealousy, Lincoln wanted to to find a way back, just to spite that arrogant fucker!

However, dreams and wants mattered not in the grand scheme of things. He was already dead, and despite not knowing what to do from here on out, he felt that it would be interesting.

Standing to his feet, he turned around and saw a stone gate standing silently on the shore, emanating a soothing aura.

Walking over to the gate, he placed his hand against the elaborate carvings on the door and was about to push when he felt a strange tug in his gut.

Looking back, the dark and glittering ocean surged forth and came into contact with the door, and a blinding flash occured.

Lincoln shielded his eyes and when he saw the stone gate again, it was in shambles, as if it had been eroded by time in the single instant the water touched it.

Just as he was hesitant to head into the gate, the ocean surged again and Lincoln felt an unstoppable yet gentle force pushing him through the gate and into the unknown beyond!

 

 

0