Prologue
1k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was awoken by the sound of two infants wailing, I was startled into jumping out of the bed and rushing over to the crib that was across the room. I looked into it to see two babies that were screaming out loud as tears flowed from their big round eyes.

I had no time to think as I took them both out of the crib and placed them on the bed before going to a small basket to retrieve their diapers, wipes, baby powder, oil along with a change of clothes for them, soon I had stripped them both and wiped them down before oiling and powdering them when I was done I put on their fresh diapers and clothing.

I threw the dirty diapers in a wastebasket and the clothes in a hamper, before picking them up and taking them out of the room, I went to the living room, placed them in a cot, and headed over to the kitchen to mix their feed. I made sure it was the right temperature before carrying them over to the babies, I adjusted them so they were leaning on the pillows before feeding them, releasing a deep sigh as they finally stopped crying.

I watched them as they emptied their bottles and then picked them up one by one to burp them, placing them in their cot once they were done, I stared at them, watching closely as the last set of tears slipped out their eyes and they slowly blinked them shut, it took, a few minutes for their breathing to steady as they settled into their sleep.

My body seemed to become a puddle as my muscles relaxed and I dropped back on the couch, sighing as I stared at the ceiling, exhaustion seemed to take me over bringing with it the extreme need for me to sleep, but I couldn't help chuckling as my eyes closed in "what a strange dream."

29