Chapter 16
268 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took the boys from their walkers and set them on their play mats and then stepped back. The more intuitive of the group immediately stepped forward. The woman who was in her early forties sat down next to the boys and gently spoke to them as she handed them their toys. Jian Mo and Chen Mo who had been staring at me when I stepped back immediately looked at her, their little mouths forming small o's.

A while later I watched as they enjoyed her company, even letting her hold them and place a gentle kiss on their faces. My eyebrows furrowed slightly at that but I quickly padded down the jealousy I felt, a feeling of shame taking its place. I nodded to her and soon she was replaced by a man of her age. As soon as he stepped near them they looked up and a second later they were sobbing and reaching for me.

I bristled as the man took several steps back after seeing the look in my eyes. I picked the boys up and gently hugged them as I tried to calm them down. It was a while later that the test continued but soon I had picked out the people I wanted. 

Across from me stood Mrs. Shi Yi, the woman who had gotten along with the boys as if they were her grandchildren. On her left was a woman in her late thirties, Ms. Xueke who had a stricter way of caring for the boys but was accepted by them. And finally on the right of Mrs. Li stood Ms. Yikao, who was the youngest of the group at twenty-nine. Her way of caring for the twins was the most fun of the group and had the boys giggling their heads off after only playing with them for a while.

But even then they weren't solely picked because the twins liked them, but also because of their own skills. Mrs. Shi Yi was a specialist in child dietician and was a trained nurse that was able to take care of any minor wounds the children would have. Ms. Xueke had a certified teacher in early child development and had a recorded history in teaching many child geniuses. While Ms. Yikao was a certified physical education specialist who had experience in training children in the beginning section of the sport of their choice.

They were all very intelligent and well experienced in their own field and even though it wasn't time for the twins to begin their training or early education, I was willing to invest in the futures these women would help my sons achieve. So when they sat down and discussed their responsibilities, salary, and benefits I was willing to go to a certain extent to acquire their services.

After we had completed the contracts I left the three women and went up to the second floor. Standing where I had a clear view of them as they interacted with my sons, I wanted to see how the boys would act when I wasn't around. Seeing that they continued to act as they did when I was there pleased me, but I also felt the itch of jealousy as I saw how well they got along with the women they had just met.

A while later they left to go and pack up their things and bring them over so they would settle for their first day of work, which would begin the next day. Not long after they departed the second group of people arrived. They said that they were the candidates for the position of Steward.

It didn't take me long to pick out the person I wanted. He was a fifty-two-year-old man named Sir Zhong. His former employer had recently passed away and his children didn't need his services so he returned to the community care service to search for further employment.

His rich experience and clear loyalty were why I wanted him. The thing the strengthened my determination to get him was the way he looked at me and my sons. It was as if we were precious pearls that he would hold in the palm of his hand.

In my last life, there was only one person that had ever looked at me like that. Late that same man gave his life to protect me because I was on the run at the time I couldn't give him a proper burial. It was one of the things I regretted the most in my life. 

After discussing the terms of his employment, contract, and his responsibilities I let him take a tour of the house and introduced him to the twins. I stood there with Jian Mo and Chen Mo in my hands. Their eyes watered, their small lips pouting slightly. But unlike when they met the male nanny candidates they didn't start wailing in fear.

They observed him and then turned to lean on me as they kept him in sight. Sir Zhong laughed slightly in embarrassment as he adjusted his tie before hooking his hands behind his back.

After a while, he returned to his dorm at the service to retrieve his things. As he did this I met with the final group of people. Looking at the seven men that stood across from me I couldn't help but bristle as I recognized the oldest of the group. Why was the old man that once spent three years trying to arrest me applying to work for me? Is this some sort of joke?

My eyes squinted as I looked at the man that now had grey streaks in his lush black hair. His sharp eyes and sword-like brows still stood out the most to me even after all these years, even when he had signs of aging around them. 

Looking at the other men that stood respectfully behind him I could only sigh as I stepped aside to let them in. I lead them to the dining room and sat down with the boys in my arms. It slightly surprised me that they didn't seem the least bit afraid of Commander Yong who looked nothing but dangerous while they had been frightened by the soft-looking nanny candidates from earlier. 

They even looked at him in interest making me pout a little but at the same time feel relieved. Even when this man had hunted me like a dog in my old life I had nothing against him. He was just trying to protect the people around him. I wasn't hypocritical enough to not admit the type of person I was. There was nothing good to get from hanging around me and if they had caught me I wouldn't have pleaded innocent.

But that's the thing, they never caught me and now that I was technically dead they never would. With that thought, I relaxed and began the interview.

 

10