Chapter One
129 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes my body was unusually comfortable, it was strange because the bed I slept in was a cheap one because I had put all my money into getting revenge, so much so that I hardly paid attention to anything else, I was confused as I opened my eyes and found myself staring blankly at the ceiling above me.

The word quality came to my mind as I stared at it, it was ten thousand times better than the one I would wake up to for the last two and a half years, that one was barely whitewashed and had patches and leaking holes all over it it was so damaged I didn't want to take chances of my computer getting wet that I bought a special covered desk for it, but this one was clearly lacquered and well kept with not a single flaw in sight.

I slowly sat up and looked around the room, my eyes widening at everything I saw, I even looked down at the white sheets that I was lying on and slowly stood up getting off the bed, I couldn't make sense of the things in the room but what I knew was that I could remember every single thing that was in this room as I did tears came to my eyes slipping down my face.

"If this is a dream please don't wake me up." I mumbled and turned around going into the bathroom I walked over to the sink and looked into the mirror, the reflection startling me "this makes no sense," I mumbled and touched my face, it was the same face I had when I was fifteen years old, even the damaged skin, dark circles and the haggard vibe it gave off was all the same.

I slowly left the bathroom and found myself stumbling out of the room and down the hall, a little while later I stood in front of large oak double doors, my hand shook as I raised it up and placed it on the door, my racing heart-stopping for a few minutes because of the coldness I felt, I bit my lip and pushed open the doors, collapsing as I found the room empty.

Tear rushed down my face and loud sobs echoed in the empty room as I finally broke down, aren't dreams supposed to be beautiful, aren't you supposed to dream about the things you want most in life, in the thirteen years of my life after I was fifteen I couldn't dream, I was too focused on getting my revenge that I hardly slept so when I did I was completely exhausted and without enough energy to dream.

But after all those years I finally had my first dream and it wasn't about the things I wanted to see that most "mama, baba..." the sob left my lips as my body shook "where are you?" I got no answer except my sobs echoing back at me and all it did was cause me to cry more "why can't I see you... even in my dreams, you won't see me, are you angry at me for losing the things you left for me, I'm sorry... I'm so... so sorry."

I didn't know how long I sobbed before getting up off the floor completely exhausted, I stumbled and had to lean against the door, I looked around the room my eyes landing on the locked antique box that sat on my mother's dresser, I walked over and sat in the chair, I pulled the box to me and pulled the chain around my neck taking hold of the key and unlocked the box.

Tears flood my eyes again as I picked up the red velvet box that sat in the corner of it, my hands shook but I forced myself to open the box, in it sat two wedding rings, the rings that my parents had always worn on their hands since they got married, I remember it being taken off in order for them to be cremated, my father's secretary had personally brought it to me after the service.

I held them in my hand and kissed them before unhooking the chain around my neck and sliding them on, I put on back the chain and the set the red velvet box back in the antique box and looked at the other things inside, I touched each of them one at a time before pulling my hand back and shutting the box, I locked it and then picked it up going out the room, I shut the doors and then went to my room.

I walked through it and to the area that had been set up as a study for me, I unlocked the safe that sat in the corner and set the box inside, before shutting it and changing the password, I walked across the room and entered the walk-in closet, I walked around and picked out a tailor-made black suit, shirt, and tie, along with a pair of formal shoes, I picked up some underwear and socks and then returned to my room to set it down on the bed.

I locked my bedroom door and then went to the bathroom, I stripped and then went under the shower allowing myself to be doused in cold water as I showered, when I was done I went and brushed my teeth and then dried off returning to my room as I did, I pulled on the suit and then went to the mirror and fixed my hair and then went back to the closet, I picked out a watch and ring slipping them on and then pulled on a pair of shades.

I went to my bed and looked underneath it I pulled out my phone that had been sitting there for a little more than a month, when I saw that it had no charge I went to my desk and pulled out a spare battery replacing it, I watched as the screen light up and then the phone erupted with the notifications of text messages and missed calls, I muted it and placed it in my jacket pocket and then went out the room with my shoes in hand.

I made my way down the hall and to the front door, ignoring the butler that greeted me and even the twitch of his mouth when I didn't greet him, I put on my shoes and an overcoat and went out of the door going to a car that was waiting on me, the driver opened the door for me and I got in, he shut the door and soon got inturning to me "where would you like to go, young master?"

"I wish to see my parents."

5